Author Topic: Bonehilda  (Read 136023 times)

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
Re: Bonehilda
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2013, 03:09:52 AM »
I start to believe I have Bonehilda more to see what crazy idea she'll come up with than actually for making my house clean as my sims tend to put dishes to dishwasher autonomously and most plumbing is upgraded to selfcleaning.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2013, 12:59:59 PM »
My witch can repair the house faster than Boney. The child swing keeps the kids happier, than boney. What I want is for boney to do the laundry, clean up the yard, etc. So, I don't get her anymore. She is useless!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rune Walsh

• Nooboo
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2013, 09:45:12 AM »
Bonehilda was working fine when my sim was living by herself and focused on her career. She would make the bed when my sim woke up, clean the dishes, etc etc. It wasn't until I adopted some pets in order to get a unicorn that I grew weary of her. She would continually try to play with my cats, this wasn't really a deal breaker for me, as the cats were already at BFF status, but then my sim gave birth. And who was the one spending the most time with the child? Bonehilda. That was pretty much the last straw for me. Since she wouldn't go back in the coffin, I ended up just deleting her with testingcheats.

A few weeks later, Bonehilda called my sim up and asked her out on a date.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2013, 04:00:11 PM »
A MALE butler is betetr. Had it with female butlers who lazy as anything. But, had a male butler in previous games who did everything (even child care). He was a peach! Recently, my female sim only gets the female butler in town. She is lazy!

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2013, 01:40:08 PM »
A MALE butler is betetr. Had it with female butlers who lazy as anything. But, had a male butler in previous games who did everything (even child care). He was a peach! Recently, my female sim only gets the female butler in town. She is lazy!
Butlers cook anytime someone's hungry, even if they're vampires. I always have to lock the kitchen doors, with Bonehilda I don't. Plus she'll take care of the babies and clean. Now if only she could answer the door for the Sims.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2013, 04:34:54 AM »
Yeah, but Boney doesn't do laundry or cook.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2013, 08:39:19 AM »

I found a trick to make her do laundry, but she'll do it as the last part of her chores: drag a piece of laundry into the washing machine. She'll then go around the whole house and collect any remaining pieces. This trick is not 100% failproof, but better than nothing.

By the way, if you want to prevent Bonehilda from spending too much time with your babies, just lock the door to the room with "All but my household" as she doesn't count as your household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2013, 02:00:05 PM »
That's fine with me, I rather my level 10 cooking Sim cook, and I don't really use the laundry system. I thought it was cool until I found out every time they make nectar they put clothes in the hamper. If you go to the laundry mat and wash clothes there, you get the same moodlets without having to wash clothes all the time. Anytime a Sim changes their clothes the moodlet renews, even if it's gone.
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2013, 03:27:34 AM »
Butlers cook anytime someone's hungry, even if they're vampires. I always have to lock the kitchen doors, with Bonehilda I don't.

Well, in mine, she is even worse than butler. Butler just cook when someone hungry. But, boney always took out and put on counter all the food when someone hungry. and she could do it TIMES.
At first, I didn't realize what she did until next morning I go to kitchen and there are still a lot of rotten food around. And where is the boney you ask? She keeps on trying to enter the room where I keep the baby and neglecting all her works.

She is as useful as a bag of bone.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2013, 09:12:03 AM »
The food and kiddies can be a problem.  Mine (and I have several with my different families) with the food is that if the family doesn't get there fast enough she is putting it away and they stand there stomping their feet and yellinlg.  I have to send them to the fridge then for leftovers.
Did have one where she took food out, but she put it right back in.  I thought she was going to eat a meal, but she just set it on the counter, looked at it and then put it back into the fridge. She did this randomly, but she always puts it back in, so I ignored it. 

With the babies and toddlers, I just dismiss her, move her coffin to another area; I sometimes put walls around her, just enough to close her in.  If there is enough money I hire a maid, if not, then the family has the chores.   

It is random on getting a good one or a pain in the rear one.  I've have a couple that I  just had to "returned"  :D  and got another one. 

Did have one that finished cooking a meal twice, but I am sure it was a fluke, they were normal, and simple meals, waffles and mac and cheese I think was what was being fixed. Had to send the sim somewhere and she just went over and finished the meal.   
I had been hoping that she would do it more often, had the sim walk away hoping to get her to do it, but just that couple of times. 

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2013, 10:38:29 AM »
One thing I did discover is that a toddler can ask to be put down, either by giving a command on an object they can use (the potty, for example) or by clicking on the ground and choosing "Be put down". Once she puts the toddler down, Bonehilda will do her own thing for a bit.

As far as the infant - the best luck I had getting an infant away from Bonehilda without sending her to her coffin was to make a mess somewhere else, so she'll put the baby in the crib to clean up. Mostly I don't mind if she spends her free time snuggling the baby - it keeps the baby's needs high, since she'll feed and change diapers as necessary and she'll eventually put a sleepy baby in the crib. It's just that sometimes Mom and Dad want cuddle time, too... :)

I've seen Bonehilda spend a lot of time in this cycle where she'd get a book, put it down, and then put it away. Maybe she gets bored if she doesn't have anything to clean up, so she makes the least messy mess possible? :)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »
Well, in mine, she is even worse than butler. Butler just cook when someone hungry. But, boney always took out and put on counter all the food when someone hungry. and she could do it TIMES.
At first, I didn't realize what she did until next morning I go to kitchen and there are still a lot of rotten food around. And where is the boney you ask? She keeps on trying to enter the room where I keep the baby and neglecting all her works.

She is as useful as a bag of bone.
Butlers cooking never annoyed me, the queuing to eat annoyed me. To me taking care of the babies first before cleaning is good. Butlers will do the same thing. I've never seen Bonehilda take food out of the fridge. A simple solution would be put all the food in a WA chest, or make single servings. Bonehilda would even take care of dirty counters faster then my Sim would. The ice cream machine and the fryer make the counters dirty really fast. I like that she'll clean it almost the second it gets dirty. It's a shame the fridge can't be locked. Another reason I like Bonehilda not cooking, is if you place a patio/grill area and have the mini fridge with it she won't mess with it. Butlers will trying to cook food. I tried that one time, also if Bonehilda is doing something you don't like you can send her back to her closet, until you need her again. With butlers you can't do anything with them.
We are of peace, always.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2013, 01:57:34 PM »
My sim would cook a "perfect" meal, and call the guests to eat. Before they could get there, Boney put it in the fridge as "leftovers". I will never get another Boney, until someone mods her to be useful!

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2013, 04:33:37 PM »
I buy her coffin if someone gets a which to do so, but I tend to leave her inside unless events have made the house much messier than normal.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2013, 03:32:43 AM »
I thought she can't surprise me anymore, but she just came to the fridge, and cooked herself some microwave fastfood, and even consumed it.