Author Topic: Bonehilda  (Read 136035 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: Bonehilda
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2013, 09:13:45 AM »
I don't think it is linked to UL, I don't have that expansion pack and from day one, if I have a bar in the house, my Boney stays by it, drinking, peeing on the floor, mopping it up, drinking, peeing on the floor, mopping it up, drinking, peeing on the floor . . .

I was gong to lock it up in another room, but it seems she is a household member, she can open up the doors locked to all except household members. 

I'm guessing she can chat with the family members if she wants to, I fainlty remember her chatting with one of the sims (male) and also a child.  Can't remember if they were from the same family though, so it could have just been one of those quirks that pop up from time to time.

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2013, 04:29:58 AM »
Odd, locking doors to everyone but the household to keep her out of a room does work for me. I get annoyed with her obsession with putting pet toys away, so I lock her out of whatever room I keep those in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2013, 08:20:49 AM »
I believe I posted a workaround how to trick her into doing laundry some posts ago. What I've experienced, her priorities are quite unpractical - she allways starts with making beds, which can wait the most. She'll also frequently put group meal into the fridge faster than most of the sims can come and grab a plate. Bonehilda is also quite animal lover, as she'll take the time your sims usually don't have to teach a dog all the tricks. If she have nothing to do and there is a homeless dog, she'll teach him a trick too!

Offline Rathamon

• Nooboo
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2013, 08:35:29 PM »
I love my Bonehilda's! yeah that's plural. I have 3, one in each colour set(Black and White, Blue and Yellow, Red and Black)

Bonehilda was a bit annoying when I first got her, but then I discovered something cool, that made her much less of a pest. She likes to Jam!
So I have 3 Bonehilda's that each play a different instrument to go along with my guitar. We jam in the front yard and when I throw a party. At the party all my guests will stand around listening to them, enjoying the music.

See that's the trick. if you know she's going to be trouble, just start jamming somewhere out of the way, and ask her to join. She'll stop whatever she's doing and come jam with you. Then you can stop and do whatever(cook a group serving meal for instance) and you don't have to worry about her coming along and interrupting things. Just before you put the kids to bed, start jamming with Bonehilda out in the yard or garage, then leave her to it. Most of the time I have to tell her to 'take a break from playing' to get her back to her normal duties.

This also works to reset her if you need to, say, get her out of the pool. Jam with her, then take a break from playing and she'll usually go about her normal business.

It would have been very cool if I could form a band with them, but alas it is not an option. :( Still it does look cool seeing a vampire with 3 skeletons jamming in the yard. hehe

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2013, 08:41:46 AM »
The image of a band consisting of a sim and three Bonehildas is kind of awesome...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »
I made the mistake of reading this while I had  food in my mouth.. HAD   LOL- It is now all over my computer screen! I'm still cracking up at that image of a vampire and several Bonehildas jamming :)

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2013, 08:39:39 AM »
That is hilarious! I can see it now, "<vampname> and the Boneys". Got any good screenshots of a group jam with them?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rathamon

• Nooboo
« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2013, 11:02:04 AM »
Addendum:

I just wanted to add a couple things;

First, Bonehilda will stop playing if there are no chores for her to do(make bed, mop, repair, clean, etc.) Easy work around is just give her something to do, grab a quick meal from fridge and leave it on the counter. With food on the counter, she'll now have a 'job', so you can set her up to jam, pretty much indefinitely.
Second: Bonehilda does get better at the instrument they play just as a Sim would, eventually maxing the skill and giving the +40 moodlet for their particular instrument.
Third: As a Vampire, at night you can Read Mind on Bonehilda and learn her traits that way. If you find traits you don't want, you can just dismiss her, sell her and replace her. You won't hurt her feelings. :D

I do not have any pictures at the moment, but I am thinking of taking a couple to share with you guys.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »
I love my Bonehilda's! yeah that's plural. I have 3, one in each colour set(Black and White, Blue and Yellow, Red and Black)

Bonehilda was a bit annoying when I first got her, but then I discovered something cool, that made her much less of a pest. She likes to Jam!
So I have 3 Bonehilda's that each play a different instrument to go along with my guitar. We jam in the front yard and when I throw a party. At the party all my guests will stand around listening to them, enjoying the music.

See that's the trick. if you know she's going to be trouble, just start jamming somewhere out of the way, and ask her to join. She'll stop whatever she's doing and come jam with you. Then you can stop and do whatever(cook a group serving meal for instance) and you don't have to worry about her coming along and interrupting things. Just before you put the kids to bed, start jamming with Bonehilda out in the yard or garage, then leave her to it. Most of the time I have to tell her to 'take a break from playing' to get her back to her normal duties.

This also works to reset her if you need to, say, get her out of the pool. Jam with her, then take a break from playing and she'll usually go about her normal business.

It would have been very cool if I could form a band with them, but alas it is not an option. :( Still it does look cool seeing a vampire with 3 skeletons jamming in the yard. hehe

But does she do anything helpful for the house? yes, she loves to party (drink, play hopscotch, etc.). But other than that does she cook, do laundry, clean, etc. That's the reason I doon't use her anymore. She would clean up dirty plates, but never do laundry or cook. She spent most of her time boozing at the bar.

Have a butler now who does everything, even raking the leaves.

Offline Rathamon

• Nooboo
« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2013, 11:15:35 PM »
She does not cook, for which I am grateful, cause having her cook, does nothing to increase my own skill. She does not seem to do laundry, which is a shame really. Most of the time she even ignores the pile of dirty clothes on the floor, which does suck. She does clean, she repairs anything that breaks down(also annoying unless you've maxed handiness), and she's great when working on mixology as she'll drink what you produce, saving you having to clean it all up yourself. She will teach tricks to dogs if you have any, or any strays that wander by. She also won't clean windows, but then again, I can't seem to get any Sim, controlled or otherwise to do the windows, so I guess that's forgivable.

The following is from a new game, as my previous one got corrupted somehow. Everything I tried to get him to do was canceled immediately, and resetSim wouldn't work. :(
But anyways...

Here's a pic of Adam and the Bonehilda's.

and this one has a better background.

Personally, I like having them around, even if it's just to jam.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2013, 11:52:43 AM »
The Bonies I have had around have cleaned the house in the area of wash dishes, clean showers and toilets and unclogs them. She'll  fix anything that is broken, which can be a problem if you are working on handiness skills, but I have my sims increase handiness by reading the books.  I  do have a mean side of me that likes to see her working on the dishwasher when it breaks down and she get electrocuted. 
She rakes leaves in the fall also, which can be a problem as she then ignores the household chores.  I just dismiss her, she comes inside to get into her coffin and then I awaken her and she will then clean the house and fix anything that is broken. 

With babies and toddlers I do have to put her in her coffin and put it in an area she can't get out, box her in by taking the door off the room I usually build for her.  She just won't leave them alone.  She is always waking them up to hold and snuggled, coo and sometimes will give them a bottle, but not that often.  She interfers  in all areas with them; they can't get the sleep needed so they cry because they are tired.   Which wakes up the parents so they can't get their sleep, so everyone is cranky. 
I always get a Boney, and if she does thinks I don't like, or doesn't do her chores, which can happen, I just get rid of her and get another. 
As for the bar, I quit having one of them, I can't seem to get my Bonies to leave it alone, they fix a drink, make a puddle which they then mop up, fix another drink and make another puddle which they then mop up, and the cycle continues. So, no bars. 

I don't have party sims, no parties at my home, so it isn't a big loss for me, but for those who do, it can be a pain in the rear.   

For me, the pluses outweight the negatives, so I like to have them around, never thought of having more than one though, good idea with you have a big family. 
Strange how no one in the family freaks out when she walks in on them.  Let one member walk in the bathroom on another member and they freak out and have negative moodlets.  But Boney, they just ignore her and finish using the toilet and do the twirl to take the shower, with her in there. 

Offline HipsterSim

• Nooboo
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2013, 03:11:03 PM »
Do not have a person with "Coward" Trait and Bonehilda!

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2013, 10:07:43 AM »
I've found a new development with my Bonehilda one of my games. She cooks! I had a fridge full of burned goopy carbonara and wondered where that came from since my Sims have descent cooking skill. Well it was from Bonehilda practicing!

Now her meals are very nice to excellent quality. As always, Boney has to take it up to extremes. She sometimes spends all day cooking meals and putting them in the fridge. But my Sims always have food to eat, so it works out well.

Also the same Bonehilda is walking like she is aged. She's stooped over and shuffles a bit. She still is first on the set when there's a bed to be made or a mess to be cleaned up. I have not seen this behavior before.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2013, 12:19:29 PM »
I read somewhere, don't remember where, that they can die, which I think is sad, you kinda get attached to them.

I have had only a couple of them cook a meal or two, and that was just finishing up a meal that a sim started and then I had them leave it for some reason.   For me, it would be a pain, as I generally have one sim working on cooking skills, sometimes even being a chef so that would get in the way. 

Next time I have a big family and a big yard with lots of trees, I am going in the fall to get at least two if not three Boney's to help with the leaves. 

Offline apocalyptik

• Nooboo
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2013, 01:13:32 AM »
I've had some weird experiences with Bonehilda. First of all, all she does is teach my dogs tricks. Like, my dogs literally cannot do anything else because Bonehilda won't give them a break.
Also, I've found that when my sim is in the hot tub, she can ask bonehilda to join and then proceed to ask bonehilda to cuddle. The game also gives you the option to "make smooth move", "kiss", and "makeout" with bonehilda, however, the only one that's worked for me is the cuddle option and the "make smooth move" option. When I tried kissing her she rejected me (lol)
Here's a pic: http://tinypic.com/r/157gjsy/5

also, using the "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat, i shift clicked her and clicked "trigger age transition" and for some odd reason this is what she looks like now.
pic: http://tinypic.com/r/1zmo3dy/5