Author Topic: Is there an advantage of using the Alchemy Cabinet  (Read 12902 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Is there an advantage of using the Alchemy Cabinet
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:00:03 AM »
Is there an advantage of using the Alchemy Cabinet instead of the WA chest to store your alchemy items?
The cabinet takes up more space than the chest but I haven't seen a reason to use it instead.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Is there an advantage of using the Alchemy Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 12:03:09 AM »
It looks cool :-). And you can see your elixers in all their glory.

Other than that I don't think there is an advantage.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 12:05:51 AM »
You can display 8 elixirs on the shelf, plus there is an option to store gems, elixirs and seeds. I love both, so I recommend both. It helps make less items to have to look through.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 12:15:00 AM »
I didn't think there was. When I saw it I was hoping I could keep the items in there and he would use out of it and not have to have the items in his inventory. But I got disappointed.
Will just keep using the chest then. They just take on one block and easy to code them using create-a-style.
Like the chest with my fish I use the pattern that has the fish on it. There's a patten with butterflies that I put on my chest with butterflies and beetles. A pattern with cherries I use for fruits and vegetables. And so on.
Doing the chest like that I know just what is in each chest just by looking at it. 

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 01:10:25 AM »
Ooh, that's a good idea. I just have my honey in the alchemy cabinet at the moment so she won't keep drinking it.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 04:59:18 AM »
chest? what chest? :O I know about the cabinet. One of my sims uses it to store her elixirs.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 05:50:40 AM »
chest? what chest? :O I know about the cabinet. One of my sims uses it to store her elixirs.

I was talking about the treasure chests that came with World Adventures.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 07:41:17 AM »
The only true advantage I have with using the cabinet is that you can click on it to "put away" specific items.   There's also a one block cabinet just for bugs.   The items that take up my inventory the most these days are bugs, gems, metals & elixirs.  The cabinet is coded that put away elixirs also counts for generations logic potions too.  This means the only items I have to drag somewhere are fruits/veggies & fish.  Which is a huge difference and advantage to me.   Have the two cabinets out in the open and it's a serious of quick actions that don't take up that much time in relation to how much time it could take me to drag all of those items.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 05:43:28 PM »
You don't have to travel or use buydebug to get it. Perfect for first generation dynasties for storing just about anything - including safely storing ambrosia.