Author Topic: Conversion Ritual Mechanics... do they exist?  (Read 9236 times)

Offline orawnge

• Nooboo
  • get in line and settle down
Conversion Ritual Mechanics... do they exist?
« on: September 09, 2012, 11:18:25 AM »
So, gotta love the conversion ritual for making my Witchy Sim rich quickly, but does anyone know if there's a pattern to it? From what I can tell, the conversion is completely random, but if anyone found a way to utilize it to max potential, it would be a huge gamebreaker...
i just wanna be something more than the mud in your eyes; i want to be the clay in your hands.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Conversion Ritual Mechanics... do they exist?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 11:42:22 AM »
The only thing I've noticed is that you seem to get higher quality items from gems that have been cut.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline orawnge

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 12:01:16 PM »
I haven't actually tried it on a cut gem yet; i usually just heart cut and sell immediately. What kind of items did you get from converting them?
i just wanna be something more than the mud in your eyes; i want to be the clay in your hands.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 12:26:56 PM »
A vampire fish is the only thing I can remember. I do it on the cheap stones -- emerald, lapis lazuli, smoky quartz.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »
I've been doing it on fish that either my sims caught when I need to keep them busy, or my cats have caught while I've been trying to get Fairy Damsels, Toads, and Luminous Salamanders.

That's pretty hilarious, a few rows of fish laid out on the floor, ready for conversion. I've gotten gems, metals, seeds, the fish I'm after. And if you don't like what you got the first time, reconvert it!

Offline orawnge

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 04:19:37 PM »
Getting the Fairy Damsel drove me bonkers. I was trying to change my witch into a fairy, took a lot of converting. I actually ended up getting it after converting a cut jewel repeatedly, through MarianT's suggestion that they might drive up the quality of the items you get when used as a base.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 01:52:35 AM »
I'd like to see what items are included in the list for possible conversion results. So far I've seen
- fish, including WA fish
- all gems
- base game butterflies
- base game beetles
- seeds - I'm wondering if these are limited because my unknown seeds seem to always grow into watermelons and onions, or plasma fruit.
- all food ingredients, including imaginary friend food and roasting foods (marshmallow, spaceship cookie etc) but not baked goods from kid's stove
- all metals

Has anyone seen WA butterflies or beetles from conversion? Or had better results with the seeds? Or, had better quality than 'normal' tofu and links?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 02:07:45 AM »
All I can see so far is that there is a 20% chance the item will be from SN. Period. Otherwise, the items you can get are: Seeds, Ingredients (includes Fish), Rocks, Gems, or Metals.

Offline cassims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 10:48:15 PM »
I'd like to see what items are included in the list for possible conversion results. So far I've seen
- fish, including WA fish
- all gems
- base game butterflies
- base game beetles
- seeds - I'm wondering if these are limited because my unknown seeds seem to always grow into watermelons and onions, or plasma fruit.
- all food ingredients, including imaginary friend food and roasting foods (marshmallow, spaceship cookie etc) but not baked goods from kid's stove
- all metals

Has anyone seen WA butterflies or beetles from conversion? Or had better results with the seeds? Or, had better quality than 'normal' tofu and links?

I have had many unknown special seeds turn into everything but plasma fruit. Sometimes I get doughnuts and space ship cookies and I have had most WA butterflies and beetles
It always seems impossible until its done.
-Nelson Mandela