Author Topic: New Traits  (Read 5875 times)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
New Traits
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
What do these new traits do? Some are obvious like gatherer, but do the ones like proper or brooding give any bonus to anything?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: New Traits
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »
I know Supernatural Fan actually increases the rate you learn alchemy as well as lets you talk to supernaturals about things pertaining to their species.  Like for instance if you're talking to a werewolf, you can enthuse about hunting. 

Sims with the proper trait can give a proper greeting. 

Night owls talk about sleeping in and how late you stayed up.  During the late hours they get a moodlet about being up past bedtime.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »
Brooding increases social and fun while you're doing it. However, you can get a "need to brood" negative moodlet if you go without brooding for too long.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 03:19:46 PM »
Proper sims also spontaneously change into formalwear every so often. They can criticise people's etiquette/manners too. Funnily enough I had it on a werewolf who ate by crouching on her chair and diving face first into her bowl.

Offline orawnge

• Nooboo
  • get in line and settle down
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 04:21:34 PM »
Proper sims also spontaneously change into formalwear every so often.

THAT EXPLAINS IT. I had a witch sim who was seemingly always changing into formalwear for no reason, and that would be it.

This was driving me crazy!
i just wanna be something more than the mud in your eyes; i want to be the clay in your hands.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 04:44:39 PM »
My Proper Sim is insane too so I hadn't really noticed the changing into formal clothes thing because insane Sims have a tendancy to do that anyway. When a proper Sim greets another Sim they do a curtsey(or bow I am assuming if they are male)Also when my Sim greeted another Sim that Sim kissed her hand.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 01:00:28 AM »
For Brooding, my sim had two things to brood about as a self interaction, life, I think, and the other one I can't remember.  My proper sim greets people with a curtsy. Hehe.
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 02:58:54 AM »
My proper sim wears formal wear most of the time. Other sims also seem more likely to be creeped out by her social interactions. Have anyone else experienced this?

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 03:11:06 AM »
Night Owl sims have wishes to stay up past bedtime and get a positive moodlet for being awake at night. Good for those playing vampires that want to keep them as they are, sun fearing, night prowling creatures of night.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 10:17:53 AM »
I had to uninstall SN because of several problems but I'm hoping to be able to reinstall.  I have a question about the Proper Trait.  During the short time I had SN installed, I noticed that my Sim with the Proper trait would only get a +10 moodlet for a beautifully decorated room that gave other Sims +40.  I had read that the Proper trait made Sims more susceptible to nicely decorated surroundings, and I had assumed that meant they would get a bigger moodlet than other Sims, not a lower one.  It really made me not want to use the Proper trait if that was how it worked.  I'm wondering if other people have also had the same experience or if the problem was just in my game?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline andreslin

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 10:47:30 AM »
I got the exact same issue! Spent tons of time researching why my beautifully decorated moodlet only +10 instead +40. I suspected it has something to do with decorated moodlet modifying trait like over-emotional and etc. Now it's confirmed due to Proper trait. I'm so going to remove that stupid trait until there's a fix.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 12:51:47 PM »
I got the exact same issue! Spent tons of time researching why my beautifully decorated moodlet only +10 instead +40. I suspected it has something to do with decorated moodlet modifying trait like over-emotional and etc. Now it's confirmed due to Proper trait. I'm so going to remove that stupid trait until there's a fix.

Welcome to the forum, andreslin!

I agree on the Proper trait - it seems to me that it should give more of a reaction to quality of decorating, not less.  I do like some of the animations that come with the trait, but like you, I've given up on having Proper Sims because of that issue.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Darien

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 05:02:02 AM »
I agree on the Proper trait - it seems to me that it should give more of a reaction to quality of decorating, not less.
Actually, it makes some sense that Proper sims have a lower moodlet. Considering their aristocratic manners, they are probably too picky and hard to please. :)

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 11:04:45 AM »
Proper also gives you some renamed actions - instead of telling jokes, you "Quip Witticisms". And my proper sim I was testing with got angry at someone, and got a wish to "Give [sim] the What For!".  ;D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 05:59:59 PM »
Yeah, Proper does give several new social interactions.  But other Sims didn't seem to like it when my Proper Werewolf tried to discuss matters of etiquette with them.  It's supposed to be a friendly interaction, so I don't know why the ones she tried it on always reacted negatively.  Maybe it had something to do with their traits, or maybe it was just that they'd seen how werewolves eat and figured anyone with table manners like that is in no position to lecture others on etiquette!  :D