Author Topic: Fairy Abilities, and how to get them in the first place  (Read 8614 times)

Offline DarkPower

• Nooboo
Fairy Abilities, and how to get them in the first place
« on: September 09, 2012, 01:59:29 PM »
This may seem like a simple question, but I'm stumped. I know that you can gain experience in fairy magic by doing fairy magic, but I can't figure out how to start doing fairy magic in the first place. Do I use the alchemy station or a magic wand (or any of the other magical items that I got from the Sims Store) until I get up to level 1? Or what? Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Fairy Abilities, and how to get them in the first place
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »
Just start using the aura ability and then as you go do the fairy tricks.  Remember that holding an aura can drain your ability though.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline orawnge

• Nooboo
  • get in line and settle down
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 02:28:48 PM »
Elementary question but: is your sim a fairy? It sounds like you have a human sim you're trying to grind fairy magic with.
i just wanna be something more than the mud in your eyes; i want to be the clay in your hands.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »
This may seem like a simple question, but I'm stumped. I know that you can gain experience in fairy magic by doing fairy magic, but I can't figure out how to start doing fairy magic in the first place. Do I use the alchemy station or a magic wand (or any of the other magical items that I got from the Sims Store) until I get up to level 1? Or what? Any advice would be appreciated.

Click on your Fairy sim and you should see the 'Aura' option. Start with that and you will soon have more abilities!

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline DarkPower

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 03:16:28 PM »
Yes, the sim is a fairy. But when I click on her, there's no Aura ability (nor is there I Can Fly!). I'd say that it was a bad mod, but my mother is also playing and her fairy has both abilities (I just checked). And my mother made her fairy after this one, so it can't be a mod that I just put in.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 03:19:49 PM »
If you click on the Sim and it doesn't show you the ability to do any fairy abilities, it may not be registering as a fairy.   You could try to fix it via Edit in CAS or using an elixir or just starting a new character which might be better.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 03:33:28 PM »
I had a sim not registering as a fairy (no green around the character portrait), and fixed it by editing in CAS and re-selecting the 'fairy' option. He's been fine since then.

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DarkPower

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »
Of course she's pregnant, so I can't edit in CAS, and the elixir shop doesn't have a fairy potion in stock at the moment. I'll try again as soon as I can. Thanks for the advice; I hope it works.

Offline DarkPower

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 06:47:58 PM »
Going into CAS isn't working. I've re-picked fairy, picked human and then picked fairy, picked another supernatural type and then picked fairy. Nada. I can't seem to find a potion (yet--I don't suppose there's a cheat to find them?). Any other ideas?

Offline DarkPower

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 08:56:25 PM »
I got it to work--by saving the entire house to the dashboard and starting a new game. I figured the original game must have been bad somehow when my peashooter wouldn't work but the peashooter in my mother's game would.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 04:36:58 AM »
I got it to work--by saving the entire house to the dashboard and starting a new game. I figured the original game must have been bad somehow when my peashooter wouldn't work but the peashooter in my mother's game would.

Ick! At least you found a way, I guess. I had someone not register as a fairy and it fixed in CAS, that was annoying enough.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 09:02:25 AM »
My fairies power increased when he spent time with the magic mirror doing the practice being the fairest of them all interaction.
After two sessions with the mirror he was able to let a Sim see their inner beauty or something along those lines.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline sharpsiren

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 09:41:25 PM »
How do you stop a fairy from using her aura? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but her magic just keeps draining away.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 09:51:10 PM »
How do you stop a fairy from using her aura? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but her magic just keeps draining away.

Click on your fairy, select Aura and then select Stop doing the Aura (or however it says it).
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline sharpsiren

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 09:09:26 AM »
Oh, thanks Pam. That worked and all is well :)

anything