Author Topic: Missing Moonlit falls?  (Read 2441 times)

Offline adorkablefae

• Nooboo
Missing Moonlit falls?
« on: September 11, 2012, 02:26:22 AM »
I had a bunch of issues when installing, but I dont have the town that comes with supernatural in my game.  All that's there is Sunset Valley and Union Cove?  It's somehow reading some of my save games from steam?  I dont even know what is going on right now. 

Started a game in Sunset Valley and CAS let me make a faerie and play with her wing color; honestly didnt try anything else. 

Anyway, do I need to uninstall everything?  Because Origin is glitchy and it took me since 6pm (now 2am) to get the base game downloaded because origin kept saying I was offline so I had to babysit the thing and tell it "no, go online you stupid thing" all night.  Once that was done and I ran the physical copy of supernatural to install it,  I  had to go through the same fight to get the patch to download.  And just ugh.  Couldn't tell if it had worked, then did get asked for the serial, once I put that in it did nothing and nothing and nothing until I noticed a new shortcut (no thumbnail) for Supernatural.  I ran that, but it keeps coming up windowed, and dont have Moonlit falls or whatever it is. 

Ugh.  Someone tell me it will be okay eventually?  This is just really making me frustrated and I have no idea what to do next. 

Also, I have base through pets on steam-  which of course isnt compatible with anything at all ever (Ughhhhhh); Got Origin and moved my serials over to download ts3 through Origin tonight and then all this happened.  Dont know if thats relevant. 

How else can I get my hands on the new town I guess? How can I make my game work correctly?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Missing Moonlit falls?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 03:13:49 AM »
I think the first place to start would be to uninstall and re-install Supernatural, since that's the town that's missing.  Do you have other expansions installed that had new towns?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline adorkablefae

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 03:15:21 AM »
Got it working by uninstalling, things went more smoothly this time, thank god. 

But now when I'm in CAS I have all sorts of glitchy issues. 

Must be time for bed... *sigh*

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 04:02:36 AM »
I'm glad you got the big problem worked out.  As for the others, see if shutting the game down and restarting helps.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline adorkablefae

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 07:15:57 PM »
It only happens when I'm working with sims I've saved to bin; I'm guessing because I created them in the steam version with all the other expansions and downloadable content, they just dont work correctly with my new base game + supernatural only. 

Oh well.  I'll get my other expansions downloaded when I have another 8 hours to babysit Origin, but I dont have that kind of time so I'll just have to be satisfied as is for now.

Thanks for the moral support.  Gaahhhh... I wanted to rip my hair out and throw the pc out the window in my first post.  But I guess this is solved?  Thanks again!