Author Topic: Alchemy career levels  (Read 11519 times)

Offline SimPenguin

• Townie
Alchemy career levels
« on: September 12, 2012, 10:13:13 AM »
Has anyone figured out what benefits (if any) there are to continuing to advance further than level 10 in the self-employment alchemy career?  Once I hit level 10, the advancement measure/bar continued to build and level up - I've gone maybe three more steps up, but don't see any noticeable benefit.  I believe I have all the recipes and received the philosopher's stone.  Unless there is some advancement reason to keep selling elixirs (other than money, which my Sim doesn't need) I just as soon start hoarding and using them.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Alchemy career levels
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 11:09:08 AM »
Has anyone figured out what benefits (if any) there are to continuing to advance further than level 10 in the self-employment alchemy career?  Once I hit level 10, the advancement measure/bar continued to build and level up - I've gone maybe three more steps up, but don't see any noticeable benefit.  I believe I have all the recipes and received the philosopher's stone.  Unless there is some advancement reason to keep selling elixirs (other than money, which my Sim doesn't need) I just as soon start hoarding and using them.

The purpose of any self-employment career is just to make money.  I don't think they put in any rewards to go with the Alchemist career for making a certain amount of money like they did with painting & writing since the rewards were part of Ambitions and Alchemy came later.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »
I still got the same additional payments upon reaching certain levels, like with other self employment careers, but other than that and the philosophers stone, I don't think there is any other benefits.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 01:03:56 PM »
Did you get the philosophers stone from the career or for doing the quest you get when reaching level 10 of Alchemy?
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline SimPenguin

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 01:17:08 PM »
grimsoul: I guess I forgot that the career and the alchemy table are separate - I was working them simultaneously.  I guess the stone and the recipes are gained through the table, and the career only provided the challenge of reaching level 10 and money. 

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 04:47:49 PM »
Ok, I haven't done the Alchemy career so I was curious. Sounds like there isn't a reason to do the Alchemy career then. You get the money by selling the potions if your in the career or not. Like they just threw it in and said there, another career added.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 08:02:26 PM »
It's more for people who prefer to do self-employment careers.  The joy of having a self employment career is that your Sims stops asking to join various other careers when they have it plus there's no work hours.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 08:50:14 PM »
That's a good point. I hadn't thought about taking a self employment career to stop sims from asking for a job.
I like when my sims get a wish for a job. It's some of the easy Lifetime Happiness Points to get. Get a wish to get a job for say 250 points, go get the job, collect the points, walk outside and use the phone to quit.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 09:53:28 PM »
Having a self-employment career also triggers wishes.  As for the advancements after level 10, it would probably satisfy an Ambitious Sim's desire to always be advancing with something.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 04:45:28 AM »
Yeah you can get lifetime happiness for a promotion in self-employment. I didn't bother though since I have the LTW to use 50 elixirs - possibly after that I will since I'll be free to sell them.