Author Topic: Can werewolf babies be born in game?  (Read 11908 times)

Offline ratchie

  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 5183
Can werewolf babies be born in game?
« on: September 13, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
I had a vampire and werewolf life states have twins. Both of the little ones are of the human lifestate.I was under the impression that if two occults had a child it had a fifty fifty chance of being the same life state as his or her parent.

I have seen werewolf children in my game but they have both parents who are wolfs.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

  • Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 15236
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 08:34:10 PM »
That sounds odd.  I know fairy toddlers have wings, but do werewolf babies look normal at first?  Or maybe until the full moon?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."



Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 8431
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 08:37:15 PM »
As soon as the child is born, they would have the colored ring around their portrait in the relationship panel.   

Someone else said they were having problems with two occult parents producing human children.    Maybe somewhere down the road the genetics got messed up so that it becomes 25% chance of vamp, 25% of werewolf and 50% of human.  However, you got one of each from your vamp & fairy couple so I don't know.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline crowgrrrl

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 52
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 09:05:16 PM »
I am also having the same oddity. My faery Sim had children with a vampire and a ghost. All of the children including the twins with the ghost father were human. I also thought the chance was 50/50 but like Ricalynn said perhaps the percentage got messed up.

There is a discussion here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/585483.page about this very thing with a couple of different views.

I use Twallan's Story Progression and I believe I have to increase my Town's occult ratio in order to increase the chance of a supernatural/occult life state. Others with the mod have been having a similar issue.  I think that is probably part of my oddity but not sure if it applies in your case.  :)

I suppose there is also the possibility of it being just the way Sim genetics work though I am still unsure how that works in the case of CAS created Sims who have no parents/grandparents. Is it random or is there some kind of formula? I am pretty clueless lol.  :)

Regards,
Sarah

Offline Pam

  • Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 15236
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:40:03 PM »
Rica, this could cause a problem for the Life States Dynasty.  Are you and Metro talking about it?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Wiry

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 1917
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 09:41:34 PM »
Crowgrrrl:

Twallan's Extra Storyprogression has a system to control the % Chance of Occult babies
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline crowgrrrl

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 52
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 09:53:19 PM »
@Wiry. Thanks! I had forgotten all about that one lol. My mind must have been on vacation or something. Thanks again for reminding me.  :) I will tweak that as well.

Regards,
Sarah



Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ficklemuse

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 50
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 10:22:23 PM »
I'm currently playing with a family that has a werewolf mother and a witch father. They had twins: one witch and one werewolf. I don't have any mods so it can happen.

thesweetestpea

  • Guest
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game.
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »
At the moment, occult birth ratios are messed up. I don't know why. But I have an awful lot of very human little nooboos from a fairy/witch pair in a game that uses no mods except Error Trap and Overwatch.

Offline thelittlepakeha

  • Townie
  • ***
  • Posts: 128
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game?
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 12:41:57 AM »
Now I'm curious - has anyone had this issue when the parents are the same supernatural species? As I've mentioned I'm playing a strictly fairy family at the moment which is into the third generation, though since the twins were made in CAS as toddlers I've only had one that was actually conceived in game so far. (I'm going to be amused to see how many generations there are before the mum/nana becomes a full adult, it would be more if I was actually trying but even so.) Though if I get a human baby by accident I'll just chuck a bottle when it goes toddler. :)

Offline Ricalynn

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 8431
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shady eyes* Not me.
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 12:52:37 AM »
Rica, this could cause a problem for the Life States Dynasty.  Are you and Metro talking about it?

As long as there is a chance of them having a Life States baby then it's not a 100% problem because in the new dynasty you're allowed to have as many children as you want and you can age them up & move them out as you see fit.

Now I'm curious - has anyone had this issue when the parents are the same supernatural species? As I've mentioned I'm playing a strictly fairy family at the moment which is into the third generation, though since the twins were made in CAS as toddlers I've only had one that was actually conceived in game so far. (I'm going to be amused to see how many generations there are before the mum/nana becomes a full adult, it would be more if I was actually trying but even so.) Though if I get a human baby by accident I'll just chuck a bottle when it goes toddler. :)

Can you turn toddlers into other races with an elixir?  I didn't know if the game would let you.  Although if it's not a tournament or official game, it might just be easier to take the toddler into CAS and change the life state that way.
Origin ID: Ricalynn
Current Active Stories: Artie's TS4 Dynasty || Grim Rivalries

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious

Offline ratchie

  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 5183
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game?
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 02:57:13 AM »
I have just installed twallen's story progession Mod so that might have something to do with it. I will have a play around with the occult settings and see what happens.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lysita

  • Occult
  • ****
  • Posts: 266
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game?
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 05:13:48 AM »
I have no mods whatsoever and all my pairs have supernatural children. Fairy/werewolf pair have a werewolf daughter, witch/fairy pair have a fairy son and my vampire pair have twin vampire girls. So I'm not having any trouble with babies being human when they shouldn't be, so perhaps it is the mods or maybe even CC.

Offline thelittlepakeha

  • Townie
  • ***
  • Posts: 128
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game.
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 05:46:26 AM »
Can you turn toddlers into other races with an elixir?  I didn't know if the game would let you.  Although if it's not a tournament or official game, it might just be easier to take the toddler into CAS and change the life state that way.

Hmm, not sure come to think of it. I think the youngest I've tried is teen. I also couldn't turn a ghost into a fairy (I didn't get the option to throw the elixir at anyone - only people on the lot were fairies and the ghost who at the time was part of my household due to playing with the philosopher's stone), but I could turn a vampire into a fairy without going to human first.

Offline cassims

  • Llama Wrangler
  • **
  • Posts: 55
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game?
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 04:41:04 AM »
I had a female fairy and a male werewolf have 3 children and they were all Fae. It is really annoying if you want at least one werewolf. Does anybody know if eating anything helps like it does with the gender?
It always seems impossible until its done.
-Nelson Mandela

Offline Larue

  • NPC
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Re: Can werewolf babies be born in game?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »
I've changed a child with an elixir.  It didn't give me the option to change a toddler.

I had the same issue with human children from witch and werewolf parents.  After changing the occult ratio to 100 in story progression, I'm still having human children born from occult parents, just not all the time like I was before. So I'm not sure if its still the mod or not that's causing the issue, but its easy enough to change them with an elixir.