Author Topic: Lunar Cycle  (Read 10596 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Lunar Cycle
« on: September 14, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »
Has anyone experimented with the various set lunar cycles?  We have the option of setting the cycle to a particular number of days, or just setting it at one phase that never changes.  My problem is that I really don't like the zombies and I'd like to set the lunar cycle to where they won't appear, if that's possible.  I'm aware of the mailbox cheat that removes zombies from the town, but it doesn't really work.  I still get zombies when I use it, although maybe not as many.  In my current game, I have FIVE zombies on my lot right now. 

I don't want to use the New Moon setting because fairies like the moon and get a negative moodlet without it.  What about the other settings?  Is there one that won't let zombies come?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Lunar Cycle
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »
My understanding is that Zombies only appear at the full moon, so anything else should do - waxing gibbous for instance (I forget the exact name in the game).

And maybe the cheat works by killing all Zombies in the world, only. Sort of like an EA version of twallan's Total Annihilation option in MasterController.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 07:11:43 PM »
I'm having zombies appear no matter what the setting now.

I read on the official forum that saving during the full moon between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m is what causes this. It also causes werewolves to stay stuck in wolf form.

Setting it on waxing or waning gibbous should give some benefit to fairies. The full moon has some benefits (+20 moodlet for kissing, more likely to get pregnant, +40 moodlet for insane Sims and maybe others), but nothing to outweigh the zombies if you don't like them.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 08:57:18 PM »
The moodlets associated with moon phases are:

a small negative for the new moon, I think -5.
+5 for a quarter
+10 for a half
+20 for the gibbous (three quarter)
+40 for the full

I would try setting it to the three quarter moon so you get the +20 moodlet at night without the zombies as it seems that when operating properly they only appear on the full moon.

Offline sharpsiren

• Townie
Lunar Cycle
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »
I had mine set to waxing gibbous and that worked for me.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 11:51:26 PM »
Hi Pam, I was having the same issues and didn't want zombies at all.  Unfortunately I was experiencing them night and day in droves.  I found a mod that fixes the zombie problem and still allows the lunar cycles.  Not sure if I can talk about it in this section?  I can PM if you wish, don't know if you use mods?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 11:58:03 PM »
Thanks everyone.  If the thing about saving during the full moon is correct, that's probably what happened to me.  I changed the setting of the lunar cycle to a couple of different things and the zombies still came, day and night.

@dnagirl:  It's ok to talk about mods, but I personally don't use them.  Thanks for the tip, though.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Joanne

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 05:48:08 AM »
I have four games in Moonlight falls and the zombies spawn day and night in three of them. In one game seven of them doing the smutsle on my lawn! I will put them in new towns and see if I don't save in between 5pm and 8pm during full moon helps.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 01:36:25 PM »
I changed the setting of the lunar cycle to a couple of different things and the zombies still came, day and night.

I believe, your only non-mod recourse is to start a new town, or revert to a save prior to the full moon.

Unfortunately, orphaned alarms of that nature will most likely continue to run forever in that particular game.
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 07:02:02 PM »
I believe, your only non-mod recourse is to start a new town, or revert to a save prior to the full moon.

Unfortunately, orphaned alarms of that nature will most likely continue to run forever in that particular game.

Thanks, Twallan.  Luckily, that was just a short game to write an article for the Guide and I won't be needing it long term.  I'll have to be careful to not save during the full moon!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 04:32:26 AM »
Pam did you use the options setting where you choose which supernaturals you want to disallow?  I disallowed vampires and haven't seen a one.  Next step is also disallowing zombies who don't seem to bug my fairies that much.  During the full moon I just put the fairies inside their fairy house and no zombie problem.  We have a fairy party instead.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery