Author Topic: Vault of Antiquity  (Read 21953 times)

Offline Draigh

• Llama Wrangler
Vault of Antiquity
« on: September 15, 2012, 01:10:13 PM »
Hey all,

Editing my whole post and posting my findings up till now.

Your sim can research several supernatural topics, chosen at random. Each topic has two research paths based on skills.
From my current tests it seems you need a minimum skill level of 3 to pass the first question. A skill level of 4 is required for the second one. Although testing also showed that this requirement might be more flexible as I failed one with a skill of 6. It also seems the chances on a reward instead of a moodlet get better with a higher skill level. At level 5 I often get moodlets related to the topic in question. From level 6 onwards I get rewards related to the topic at hand. I did get the Vampire potion at logic 4 though. So passing the test seems to be enough for a random selection from a list of related awards.
See below for specifics.

Notes on the results:
- It is totally random which question you get. Extensive testing shows no difference based on time of day or moon phase.
- There is no difference in rewards for either option as far as I have seen in my tests. I did not test all option as extensive, as my test-sim was not well-versed in all skills. So I had many failed Fae questions.

Werewolves:
Physical Stamina (Athletics) versus Food Gathering (Fishing)
Rewards: 
* "Wow, a Werewolf" moodlet
* Book "GrrrROWLF!!"
* Werewolf teddybear
* Bottled Curse of the Lycan

Fairies:
Fairy Gardens (Gardening) versus Fairy Dances (Dancing)
Rewards:
* "Wow, a Fairy" moodlet
* Fairy teddybear
* Bottled Blessing of the Fae

Ghosts:
Examine the Illustrations (Painting) versus Decipher the Recipes (Cooking)
Rewards:
* "Wow, a Ghost" moodlet
* Book "How to cook for 40 ghosts"
* Haunted Magic Gnome
* Melancholy Serum

Vampires:
Why Darkness? (Logic) versus Snazzy Clothes (Charisma)
Rewards:
* "Wow, a Vampire" moodlet
* Bottled Vampire's Bite
* Vampire teddybear

Elixer:
Mix it Right (Alchemy) versus Right Ingredients (Collecting)
Rewards:
* "Wow, a Witch" moodlet
* Bottled Witches Brew

General possible outcomes, regardless of which supernatural topic:
* Terrified moodlet
* Magical Rubbish moodlet
* Lunacy moodlet
* Historian moodlet

Offline Manuel

• Nooboo
Re: Vault of Antiquity
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 09:54:39 AM »
Another rabbit hole adventure...
I love them, but they are quite random and sometimes it's frustrating.
I entered the vault of antiquity with a warlock, I followed the "elixer" path, "mix it right" option twice and I got the "Bottled Witches' Brew" as a reward.
I also got the "Potent Zombification" elixir as a reward when choosing "decipher the recipes" ("ghosts" path).
I think that the "snazzy clothes" option of the vampires path is related to charisma and the "fairy dances" to the hidden skill dancing.
Fairies loves dancing at the radio, but any sim can do it as well. It is supposed that the more they dance the better they do, but you can't see the skill level.
I hope it may help. It's my first post, I'm spanish, and my english it's not perfect, so I hope not making so many mistakes.
Regards.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:11:27 PM »
Regarding the fairy section Paul completed the gardening path and he got a very cute fairy teddy bear.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
Manuel your English is near perfect.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 02:49:36 PM »
Wow, I need to visit the Vault of Antiquity more often! I only used it once, got the Alchemy question, picked ingredients (Collecting) and since my Sim had done no collecting I failed. I didn't know anything at all about it and since I had a disappointing experience I haven't tried it since. Now I understand better, I am going to try it again! I will update my results.

Also, Donatello is right, Manuel, if you had left off that last part, I wouldn't have known you weren't a native English speaker.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Manuel

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »
Thank you very much Donatello and Ombradellarosa. You should hear my accent, it's pretty funny.  :)

Offline Draigh

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 03:22:10 PM »
Updated my first post.
Thanks for your help Manuel. It confirms my results.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »
Oh I forgot to mention, my Sim has gone various times and got different questions and often the "Historian" moodlet, when studying ghosts or alchemy.

By samoht04

Offline Draigh

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 04:11:53 AM »
I was still thinking about the Historian moodlet, as I have gotten that one pretty much in all conditions. So I was wondering if I should mention it at each one or if there are also simply standard outcomes like that.

Did you also get questions that are not mentioned above? Or results from those questions that are still missing?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »
No, I got all those same questions except I haven't got Vampire yet. And no other results either.

By samoht04

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 11:43:48 AM »
There's also one about ghost cooking. My sim had a low level in cookiing, so failed. When, I sent the sim with a higher level of cookiing, she didn't get the same test. Wonder if it increases cooking?

Offline Draigh

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 05:29:25 AM »
What do you mean?
From my experience the questions remain the same, regardless of your skill level in it. But which question/topic is asked is randomly chosen. So are you meaning that when you sent in someone with a higher cooking skill, you suddenly do not get the question regarding the ghosts anymore?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 03:32:31 PM »
No what I mean is, that if the one who got the question had

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 03:37:54 PM »
No what I mean is, that if the one who got the question had

Edit: cat walked on my keyboard.

What I'm saying, is that I wonder if a person with a higher skill, would get a benefit from answering the questions? Personally, I think these rabbitholes, are a waste of time.

Offline Draigh

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »
From my experience there is a higher chance of some interesting bonusses when your skill is higher. The expensive potions to become one of those supernaturals seems to be easier to get with a higher skill level (if you don't have alchemy and/or the ingredients to make it yourself). Also you can get the different teddy bears this way, but again you need to have the related skill. And with a lower skill chances on one of the moods is bigger, while the higher skill levels seem to be more likely to result in the items.

Just my experience with it though.