Author Topic: Elixir store clerk  (Read 11521 times)

Offline Easilyamusd123

• Llama Wrangler
Elixir store clerk
« on: September 17, 2012, 01:27:26 AM »
While I love the fact that the elixir store is open 24/7 it means that the clerk who works there is unavailable for marriage or dating because they work all the time.

Does anyone know of a way around this? I am playing an Immortal Dynasty file so Edit Town and cheats are not options. The only thing I can think to do is to move in someone else from his household and just add him into the mix.

If anyone else has suggestions or if I missed something please share  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Elixir store clerk
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 06:43:28 AM »
You could send your sim to the store and conduct the entire romance there -- propose and have private wedding. The game will supply another clerk when you add that one to your household.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 06:51:10 AM »
Or if you don't want a private wedding ask him or her to move in as a friend.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline lprkaun

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:25:36 AM »
I haven't tried asking them to move in, but I haven't had any luck with proposing marriage while Sims are on duty.  The option to propose only comes up after closing time (6 pm) at the consignment shop, and the elixir shop doesn't have a closing time.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 07:35:46 AM »
I have proposed and married a Consignment Sim before 6pm but I haven't tried with an elixr consignment Sim so I cannot comment on this.

Is it possible to buy the elixr store and fire the Sim. I know that is a bit extreme though.

Rachel

Offline Easilyamusd123

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »
I had no luck either with getting past romantic interest while they were on duty. I even reset him then invited him on a date but no luck. The option was there for about 30 seconds but kept dropping itself from the queue until it registered him as the clerk and was lost again. Their relationship was at its max (meaning the green bar was as high as it could go).

I haven't tried buying / firing yet tho thanks I'll give it a try later today.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 09:33:25 AM »
If all else fails then you might have to choose someone else to marry.
I don't know if moving someone in from that Sims family will work either as the elixr clerk is usually an NPC so has no home and no family.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Easilyamusd123

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 09:40:41 AM »
Oddly enough he does have 3 other sims living with him, despite the fact that he is an NPC. I think I'll have to go that route to get him into my house because they're still too poor to afford walls, let alone buying out the elixir store :P

thesweetestpea

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 09:44:30 AM »
I think elixir store clerks are usually homeless townies and they do have households. What's the clerk's name? I could find out for you.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 09:46:13 AM »
Oh I thought I read on the decadynasty thread that the Elixer Clerk was usually an NPC. Well my mistake,sorry.

Rachel

thesweetestpea

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 09:51:23 AM »
Oh I thought I read on the decadynasty thread that the Elixer Clerk was usually an NPC. Well my mistake,sorry.

Rachel

I don't know. I haven't checked enough to be sure one way or the other. But, I'd say that if they're showing up as having a household, they're probably a homeless townie. It's easy to mistake the two, and I may be wrong. It's just my guess.

Edit: I just checked in the DecaDynasty thread, and it does seem to be a homeless townie. Those are counted as NPCs for the purpose of the challenge. I'm about to go confirm this using a save game viewer.

Offline Easilyamusd123

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:50 AM »
Yes he is definitely a homeless townie, sorry I get them confused sometimes. He is in Sunlit Tides and his name is Cyrille Lynch.

The only thing I'm hoping is he will randomly quit. The last clerk did, out of nowhere, but she is still alive because she is a housemate of his!

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 11:26:30 PM »
Have a party and invite the clerk. Having the party animal trait or legendary host (I guess that's the name in the English original) LTR helps, by assuring the clerk will appear.

Since the store must have a clerk 24/7, another will be assigned and the one who came to your party will become unemployed. Tested. It works.

Also works for the clerks of foreign stores in WA and workers of LN clubs, this last one just as long as the party happens during the NPCs working hours.