Author Topic: Chances of dying of old age each day.  (Read 8162 times)

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
Chances of dying of old age each day.
« on: September 20, 2012, 12:36:52 PM »
Hi all,

I am new to Carl's Sims 3 Forum. I was just wondering the probability that an Elder sim has once they have reached the end of their lifespan? I play on normal, so info would be helpful.

Samantha
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
Re: Chances of dying of old age each day.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 08:39:37 AM »
Not sure what you mean by you play on normal.

But, I hope my answer is helpful.  Once a sim reaches elder status they will probably die of old age.  Unless you want to have them die of drowning or starvation you can go for that.  I play The Sims 3 pets on console but if you go into their menu you can see their age and whether they are a young adult and how many days old they are.  If your sim is an elder it will be the same, but the only difference is it will say like 7/17 like they are a seven day old elder with seventeen days left (of their life).  If you make ambrosia you can expand their life a little longer or you can use the divination or something like that power after they are a ghost and you can bring them back for a certain amount of time.  They will go back to elder status though and eventually die of old age again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »
I am going to go with you playing the default age settings.  I have added to mine but the outcome would be the same.  When my sim reached the elder stage, instead of the regualar count down, 21 days, 19 days, and continuing until they reach the set life span for elder of 21 days, it was the reverse. 

Instead of showing 21, it showed the total of her life at that stage, so she was 175 at her life span.  I had given the elders 21 years, each day it went up, 176, 177, and so on. When she readed the 21 day set (196), she continued and she "ended" at 209.  Her hubby had been five days younger than her, but he died at age 201.     
Guess it goes to show that women live longer than men not only in real life but in sim life also.  ;D 
(I really don't think that matters in the game; I am sure that it is random.) 

I have two other couples who are in the elder stage, they show the same, total of days with a day being added instead of taken way. 

I don't remember how many days I have for each life stage, I have changed it several times. 

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 03:06:36 PM »
If I'm understanding correctly, you're looking for the numerical chance that an elder sim will die when the aging bar reaches the end, yes? According to the GameplayData package, for a normal lifespan the chance is 14% per day, unless the elder is a marathon runner. Marathon runner multiplies the chance by 0.75 which leaves the percentage at 10.5%. I didn't see any multiplier for vegetarian in the file, but that doesn't mean it isn't listed elsewhere.

Just for completion's sake, short lifespan is 30%/22.5%, medium lifespan is 20%/15%, long is 6%/4.5%, and epic is 3%/2.25%.

anything