Author Topic: Tip for controlling Zombies  (Read 6141 times)

Offline jestina

• Occult
Re: Tip for controlling Zombies
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »
A zombie keg party. Sounds fun. The only problem i'm having is with the privacy issues this game has. My new sim peed herself because there were zombies loitering on her lot and she couldn't use the toilet.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 02:51:54 AM »
I have now got a zombie bug  :(

Though I'm not to sad about it.

Although I have zombies on my lot 24/7 they don't do anything. All they do is stand there and not move at all.

Does anyone else have this happen?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 04:39:22 AM »
I haven't tried it, because I don't have a zombie problem, but you could try inviting a friend over, then choose 'ask everyone to leave'. I mostly just cure them though. You only need lvl 2 alchemy. They leave on their own if everyone leaves the lot for a short time, too.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 06:51:03 AM »
That happens to me :) I always thought that had something to do with me having fences around a large part of my yard, with my garden up close to one of the sides of the fence. I have my gate locked to my household only ... which means that friends who aren't part of my household can't get in/out, same with any hired help I use. I don't mind them out side the fence ... I keep on wondering whether I should put toilets out there for them to use, and perhaps beds.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 10:54:34 PM »
When I had my entire yard and garden fenced in with a locked gate, zombies would still spawn inside of the fence wherever there was enough free space for them to fit. Solved the issue by spacing out my plants and yard objects more to prevent the gaps of space. This was pre-zombie patch, I have not played since the patch.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline simone23

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 01:27:40 AM »
If you end up with zombies hanging around outside your door and you want them gone, what worked for me was switching to build mode and building a gateless fence around the zombies.  When I switched back to live mode, they immediately stopped what they were doing, ran off through the fence, and disappeared into the night.

Leto85

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 07:24:40 AM »
A zombie keg party. Sounds fun. The only problem i'm having is with the privacy issues this game has. My new sim peed herself because there were zombies loitering on her lot and she couldn't use the toilet.

Did she has the Good trait? My fairy has and she appears to pee herself, faint and pee again in random order everytime the moon is full and she encounter creatures crawling in the night.
Maybe they are just too finely sensitive for this occult world, ironically.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »
I just discovered that the Moodlet Manager LTR cures zombies, I guess because it removes the negative moodlet.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Leto85

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 03:26:12 PM »
I just discovered that the Moodlet Manager LTR cures zombies, I guess because it removes the negative moodlet.

What an interesting found! And very plausible that your theory is correct.

Offline shibamistress

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 09:12:06 PM »
This probably sounds like a dumb question, but I only just got supernatural, and also only just downloaded the new patch (I guess...I'm up to date on patches, anyway).

So what does the zombie patch do?  How does it work?

I haven't even seen any yet, because I have even gotten to the full moon yet in my new game, but I already know I do not want any zombies in my lovely, unfenced (and perfect!) gardens in sunlit tides, so I'd like to be able to control them, and I don't quite know how to do that yet.

(I did have a suprise when I reopened an old game--Sunlit Tides--and was shocked to see the moon phase.  For some reason it never occurred to me that even my old games would now have Supernatural stuff, though once I thought of that, of course it made sense.  But I don't really want zombies or some of the other supernaturals in some of my older game files.)

edited to add that I figured out how to control the zombies!  Just in case anyone else is as clueless as I was and wants to know, you do it through cheats, through the mailbox cheat.  There is an option to control supernaturals.  I thought this would take out ALL supernaturals, which I didn't want to do, but finally I clicked it, and it gave me options to choose which ones I wanted to not include in the game.  So I will be able to keep zombies out of Sunlit Tides!  (Not sure if I have to reset this every time I play that save file or not, though).