Author Topic: Tip for controlling Zombies  (Read 6176 times)

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
Tip for controlling Zombies
« on: September 27, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »
In my game I am fortunate enough to not have many Zombies. I do know that some people get five a night though and I find that if you put a plant as far away from your house you will find that they all go to the plants and stay there through out the night. They get so distracted that you can go out in the yard and normally they won't attack you, and even if they do turn around, their so slow (and depending on where you put the tree) so far away that they have trouble getting anywhere near you.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: Tip for controlling Zombies
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 07:47:47 PM »
I put up a fence around part of my yard (not the whole yard, part of it, including to the front door. I put a gate on the fence which I lock to "my household only". I then grow my gardens and do other outside things (including my pond) inside the fence. I've never had zombies appear inside my fence, on the outside of the fence, certainly, but never on the inside of it. I don't know whether that is simply luck or a feature of fences. :) Zombies do appear on the outside of the fence and walk back and forth on the outside of the fence, but that doesn't bother me at all.

Two things I have discovered:
* Bonhilda can't use the gate to get to the bin if it is outside of the yard I've created
* Repairmen (and I presume the other hired help you can get, and any guests/school friends/other non-household members) can't use the gate

So, I don't know if that is a feature of fences/gates or if I'm just simply lucky. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 08:00:11 PM »
So, I don't know if that is a feature of fences/gates or if I'm just simply lucky. :)

I haven't really tried fences so I wouldn't know but I would say that its probably the feature of the fence. I'm going off to test it.

Offline grumpykitteh

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 10:07:38 PM »
EA has released a Zombie Patch!  :D

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 12:50:48 AM »
I had a singer performing and zombies started coming out of the ground in front of the stage. One attacked the audience and the other watched the show!

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 02:55:45 AM »
EA has released a Zombie Patch!  :D

Really? To be honest I have no problem with the zombies but I guess it would still be good to control them sometimes.

Sorry for any grammatical or spelling mistakes - I'm on an Ipad.

Offline Bluebonnet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »
I can confirm the fence protection - it works for me the same way. And yes, Bonehilda can't use the fence gate if it's locked for household only.

The Zombie patch was released yesterday, but it doesn't affect existing worlds. You need to start a new one to have the zombies controlled.

I usually don't do much at all - so far I have them only spawning at full moon and my which goes out and cures them.
Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline littlemommy

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »
I've had a terrible time with zombies.  :( Besides deleting them the best luck I've had is inviting another sim over and then using "ask everyone to leave". Then all 5,000 zombies on my lot leave....briefly.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 11:17:56 AM »
I had 10 zombies on my lot at once, all of them outside of my fence, looking longingly at my garden. Them morning came, they stopped being zombies and they went and got into cars to return to wherever it is that townies go. :) I almost called for them to "Conga" at one stage ... or wished there was a limbo stick, so that I could get them playing limbo.

This is after I patched up to the latest patch.

Pictures of the excitement follows (these same pictures are also on my current attempt at an Immortal Dynasty).

The Zombie Conga Line.

Back to 'normal' the next day and leaving.

Leto85

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 01:45:15 PM »
I had a singer performing and zombies started coming out of the ground in front of the stage. One attacked the audience and the other watched the show!

Haha, that's just funny! Did the show turned out to be a succes though?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 03:46:07 AM »
It was an "epic" concert. After the show she zapped the zombie with a cure elixir.

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 04:07:08 AM »
It was an "epic" concert. After the show she zapped the zombie with a cure elixir.

They can? Wow!
Yes, I'm still new to this expansion (checking loading screen: 87% patch before installing).

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 05:53:36 PM »
I find that they're worst in Shang Simla. They all show up on the family vacation lot with a boom box and start to party. The parties go on for days.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 09:58:32 PM »
I find that they're worst in Shang Simla. They all show up on the family vacation lot with a boom box and start to party. The parties go on for days.

I haven't travelled yet but thats sounds really annoying. Though also quite hilarious...  :P

Offline simone23

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 04:28:26 PM »

The zombies or the singers?