Author Topic: Patching Problems: Help Please!/ Store Download  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Matthew

• Llama Wrangler
Patching Problems: Help Please!/ Store Download
« on: October 04, 2012, 07:11:27 AM »
Hi everyone,

It seems like that EA patches aren't very reliable.  I was using Patch 1.36 and then tried to patch up to date to 1.39, but for all the times, patching is not successful.  Errors occured and stopped me from continuing to patch!  (And the uninstallation made me most annoyed...)

So I searched for patches uploaded by others and starts downloading Patch 1.38.  I've heard that some cannot play after installing patch 1.39.  Maybe it's a good idea to wait for the Seasons patch, isn't it?

So, as a conclusion, I must tell you two points.  Point one, backup before patching, or perhaps wait longer for the patches in case you have mods and creators haven't updated yet.  Don't assume the mods are compatible.

Point two, any kind of help would be extremely appericiated!

(And one more: EA is JUST STUPID!)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Patching Problems: Help Please!/ Store Download
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 04:41:43 AM »
Hi Matthew.

We don't allow EA bashing here and your last sentence qualifies as bashing.  Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Also, we don't really recommend skipping patches.  Yes, it's true that each patch seems to bring solutions as well as new problems to the game.  It becomes a lot to keep up with if you try to pick and choose which patches you want to download.  Additionally, a player must be patched to the latest update in order to play any of the challenges on our Forum.  Sometimes a re-install is necessary and it often solves problems in the game.  Many players (myself included) regularly re-install the game to help keep it running smoothly.  I normally do it when I install a new expansion or stuff pack.

Backing up your game is always good advice, even when you're not installing a patch.  I always recommend keeping a current backup of the entire game, plus back up copies of the individual game files.

So, at this point, have you been able to get the most current patch downloaded successfully?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Matthew

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 04:45:52 AM »
I am not yet able to patch up to Patch 1.39 but I've successfully downloaded the item.  It was not successful before because of the patch.

And, best regrets for my comment on EA.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 04:52:10 AM »
I'm glad you got your item installed.  Maybe try the patch again and see if it installed properly this time.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline shibamistress

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 01:15:50 AM »
Since I'm still fairly new to the game, I wondered about the suggestion to not skip patches?  Do you recommend that even if you don't have the EP that the patch addresses?

I'm thinking of the latest, which seems to only address things in Supernatural.  I don't have Supernatural, so I thought I'd just wait til there was another patch so I don't have to redo all my mods, etc.

Is that a bad idea?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 01:25:28 AM »
Since I'm still fairly new to the game, I wondered about the suggestion to not skip patches?  Do you recommend that even if you don't have the EP that the patch addresses?

I'm thinking of the latest, which seems to only address things in Supernatural.  I don't have Supernatural, so I thought I'd just wait til there was another patch so I don't have to redo all my mods, etc.

Is that a bad idea?

I can't answer about the mods because I don't use them.  As for the patches, I still recommend installing all of them even if it seems you don't need it.  It could have some small things not relating to the EP that would help your game.  For me, it's entirely too much work to try to pick and choose the patches.  Plus, I always have at least one challenge I'm playing, so I couldn't skip one even if I wanted to.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline shibamistress

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »
Thanks for your reply!  I did end up installing it last night.  Didn't seem to change anything, but I did decide it was best to just do it. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.