Author Topic: What factors gauge a positive or negative performance?  (Read 3270 times)

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
What factors gauge a positive or negative performance?
« on: October 04, 2012, 05:11:48 PM »
I'm curious if there's anything I can do further for my acrobat Sim. He's had two miserable performaces. I've made sure all his status bars are full and that his mood is high. I'm wondering if there's anything (if you know anything specific) that I can do further to promote a positive outcome.

I do have a feeling that his being fatigued while performing may have had something to do with the last negative performance. I'll check that the next time.

Thanks for any help =)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: What factors gauge a positive or negative performance?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 05:29:44 PM »
I'm moving this over to the Showtime board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 12:47:37 AM »
Thanks Pam...sorry =)

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 05:34:29 PM »
I'm not very experienced with the acrobat career yet, but out of curiosity, what level is he at?  I know that lower-level acrobats are more likely to fail at doing tricks and such - maybe he just had bad luck, failing two performances in a row?

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 02:24:30 PM »
Almost level 6. He still fails at contortions most times, at least on stage. Is there an invisible skill with the mime performances, contortions, juggling, etc? I've focused mostly on his fitness.

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 08:32:55 PM »
In my game, I've found that the athletic skill merely aids the progress.  My acrobat is almost at level six of her career and only has two points in the athletic skill.  Having your sim pratice the tricks either on his own or while playing for tips will probably help more.

This probably ties in to the fact that there seems to be a hidden skill level for every trick that rises each time you perform it. For example, let's take that fire stick one.  The first time your sim does it, he'll wave it around in the air and attempt to spin it.  He'll drop it and maybe catch on fire.  But the more times you perform this trick, the better your sim will get.  After a while, your sim will be able to toss the stick in the air and spin it across his arms.

Also, on a side note, the skill level for each trick seems to be separate.  I love the fire stick thing but hate juggling, so my sim still fails a lot when she juggles during a show, even though she has a higher career level than required to perform the trick.

I should probably note that these notes are merely based on my observations, and that I'm not sure if anything in the game data supports this.

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
Rose, thank you. I'm sorry it took a month to respond. I've gathered the same as your thoughts. I've not played that family since, but I'd bet the individual hidden skills for each talent is spot on. I will try this the next time I'm playing that "hood". Thanks again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything