Author Topic: Device 0 cannot run title  (Read 4874 times)

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
Device 0 cannot run title
« on: October 10, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »
Hi, this just a last ditch attempt at what I think will never be fixed but anyway. Over time I stopped playing Sims but one day I decided to play it again and it gave me the error Device 0 cannot run this title. I've google it a couple of times but never found a fix. Does anyone here know anyway to fix it?
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Device 0 cannot run title
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 06:51:07 PM »
I don't know of a solution for this specifically, but have you tried re-installing your game?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 10:19:05 PM »
Hi, this just a last ditch attempt at what I think will never be fixed but anyway. Over time I stopped playing Sims but one day I decided to play it again and it gave me the error Device 0 cannot run this title. I've google it a couple of times but never found a fix. Does anyone here know anyway to fix it?

Hi, Chopsticks.

I did some Googling. Was there anything more to the error message? Most responses I've seen seem to center around either the videocard drivers being out of date, or missing something the game needs to run (such as Pixel Shader 2.0). Thanks. :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »
I don't know of a solution for this specifically, but have you tried re-installing your game?

I reinstalled it twice as well as an old backup I made a while ago.
Hi, Chopsticks.

I did some Googling. Was there anything more to the error message? Most responses I've seen seem to center around either the videocard drivers being out of date, or missing something the game needs to run (such as Pixel Shader 2.0). Thanks. :)

Flynn

I know for a fact I have pixel shader 2.0 and updated my drivers recently enough but I'll try updating to the latest one. Error message is Unable  to start game. Device 0 cannot run title. No supported video card detected. Please check hardware. I've made no changes to my hardware since I last played and managed to play once and save and then the next time I launched it this happened.
Thanks.

Edit: Updated my drivers and reinstalled. Still gives the error.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 11:42:51 PM »
I know for a fact I have pixel shader 2.0 and updated my drivers recently enough but I'll try updating to the latest one. Error message is Unable  to start game. Device 0 cannot run title. No supported video card detected. Please check hardware. I've made no changes to my hardware since I last played and managed to play once and save and then the next time I launched it this happened.
Thanks.

Edit: Updated my drivers and reinstalled. Still gives the error.
What video card does the system show you have installed? The error suggests the card isn't supported. Many recent systems have two video cards - one on the processor (which rarely supports the game) and a separate card. It could be the game is only detecting the on-processor card.

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

anything