Author Topic: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 62279 times)

Offline sunsetsorbet

• Townie
Re: Life States Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2014, 02:44:58 AM »
My sim's traits are commitment issues, daredevil, friendly, natural cook, and never nude.  She's a genie and the founder.   

She's doing cooking for her 1st skill, and culinary as her career.  I was hoping jam/preserves could be her item in the mausoleum. 

I'm not sure what her second skill should be, that won't get in the way of a future generation.  Options:
  • Nectar making - kind of goes with cooking?  I'm making her future baby-daddy garden, so she could use his produce or just buy some from the grocery store.  But what about future gardener heir?
  • Charisma - she is friendly.  But what if a future sim needs charisma for their career?
  • Consignment - I had thought maybe selling jam/preserves would be an option, but I don't think it is.
  • Other that I haven't thought of...

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #181 on: July 04, 2014, 04:31:46 AM »
My founder did cooking and alchemy, that worked very well. So if you have supernatural that is a good option giving you elixirs for the rest of the dynasty, her husband did the gardening for her so he could grow her alchemy ingredients.

There are some nice wishes with nectar making I found out when one of mine did it, I'd ignore the vizard of vine challenge to be honest, it's buggy and too much hassle, my nectar maker was after my gardener generation. One of her 5k+ wishes was make 500 bottles of nectar I then sold them all at consignment and completed those challenges, so 3 nectar challenges and 3 consignment.

Charisma I messed up there really as I cut myself off from journalism because I already used it, my gardener used it as it was part of his lifetime wish, so yes with hindsight I'd say save charisma for that career.

While I'm here I'll give some info on mermaids I've learnt, a bit like what was mentioned with vampires a mermaids hydration is affected by very little, a shower wont quite fill it but a bath will, swimming obviously, the moodlet manager and motive mobile works, a witch hygiene spell doesn't.

Base game and ep plumbing items work fine but any store items such as the outdoor shower or the skylight studio one do nothing, the dirt defiant LTR doesn't help either, and I found my mermaid was pretty lax at looking after herself and would let herself just dry up if I didn't keep an eye on her, unlike plasma fruit that will fill a vampires thirst kelp is more like eating any other produce, it only partially fills them up so they are hungry a lot too, although the hardly hungry LTR does help with that.

On the plus side though I found they can be astronauts as their hydration lasts just long enough for a day in space, it's very low when they come out but at least they don't dehydrate while at work, worried the life out of me the first time though, I really thought she wouldn't last the day.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2014, 04:00:58 PM »
Some tips - do kids music and all the others so with a little luck you may have a choice for heir.

Don't become a celebrity early. I wished I hadn't done that with Cerulean but she had an opp.

Witches and sunlight charms are amazing. Gen 2's spouse was Wilhelmina Wolff (spoilers!) and it was great because gen 1's spouse could cast sunlight charms. Wilhelmina finally aged up in week 6 - twice!

If you plan on using witches use them early, for founder or second generation. They do not live extended lives and there is no way to become one legally so they may all die out after a while.

Moonlight falls is the best town for this dynasty. Hands down. Townies starting supernatural makes it so much easier in terms of spouses.

And Jules MacDuff isn't beautiful but he is a great spouse. C'mon, Alchemy level 7!

Alchemy is great for this dynasty. Use it for potent invigorators and the like.

EDIT: If you have a fairy founder, it's always a good thing. Have them do gardening and grow basil. PERFECT basil. Atlantico maxed his career in a week, and now I just have to have him go to school on Monday, actually get that honor roll moodlet, and cake him up.

Also, Science has easy skill challenges, but never let a science sim garden. It causes a glitch where you can't harvest the plants. Thank god Cerulean was done with requirements before Jules got the science skill!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2014, 03:17:14 AM »
SunsetSorbet, I'd go with nectar making as there are no traits that go with that, but you'll need a spouse to do gardening. Move your spouse in early then do that.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2014, 11:37:18 AM »
Do not, in any case, use Logic as a toddler skill. Then they will gain Logic while being tutored, and honestly? I don't want that.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2014, 12:15:18 PM »
I taught logic to all of my toddlers, and while tutoring raised their skill, it didn't seem to do it significantly. Certainly not enough to get them to level 10.

My genius second heir sneaking chess time whenever I took my eye off her was far more deadly (still didn't mess me up, though).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2014, 05:20:02 PM »
In terms of life states: Watch for mermaids carefully. If you manage to find an original townie mermaid, you're in luck, and keep an eye on them so they don't die. If you want original townies, like I do, it is easy to get werewolves, fairies, and vampires because of their extended life. I would try to save those for a later generation.

Humans are very easy to get. You can just cure vampires and other long lived Supernaturals.

Aliens: Wait until an alien visits. Believe it or not aliens abducting you doesn't mean you know them. 

For that tricky seventh generation: Make that generation a ghost for two reasons. One, ghost potions can guarantee this. Two, you don't ever have to lock your last generation up so who cares anyway?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2014, 01:59:31 AM »
Just something I noticed - mermaids don't fill hydration from the motive mobile. I know that vampires don't get thirst refilled by the motive mobile but mermaids is a new one.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2014, 12:23:03 AM »
Don't forget that you can change the long-lived LS into a human (so long as you don't start with a human, obv). Already have a vamp heir yet want a vampy original townie? Move them in and have them forsake the vampire life state.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2014, 06:25:51 PM »
Yeah, I thought about using that too but seeing as I'm playing Moonlight Falls it isn't really necessary.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2014, 11:38:32 PM »
One more thing - I have noticed a lot of people saying that you should save stuff like cooking and nectar making. However, neither of those skills have skill challenges that involve food quality. They are all about the numbers. For cooking - 75 meals. For nectar making - 200 bottles.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2014, 08:37:25 PM »
One more thing - I have noticed a lot of people saying that you should save stuff like cooking and nectar making. However, neither of those skills have skill challenges that involve food quality. They are all about the numbers. For cooking - 75 meals. For nectar making - 200 bottles.

I may be wrong, but isn't there one for Nectar Making that requires x amount of money to be made, thus... you would need higher quality to achieve more money made quicker.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2014, 09:37:28 PM »
The challenges are squishing 40 batches, 15 different combos, making 200 bottles and the cursed vizard of vine. However, there are big wishes for making high value bottles, so maybe that's why one should wait.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2014, 09:50:24 PM »
Also, if they're self-employed as a nectar maker, then you really do want high-value bottles.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2014, 04:45:49 PM »
Just a quick thing for vampires: If you're doing the Science skills, DO NOT let them analyze plants. My vamp, who had never been near a plant before that, gained three levels in gardening with 1 analysis.