Wiry - McZombie Manor
1 (1.8%)
Gogowars329 - Five Strike Tower
12 (21.1%)
CynKuy - Zombie Apocalypse Now
7 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: November 11, 2012, 04:10:02 PM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2012: 21 - Zombie Defence  (Read 6898 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Building Contest 2012: 21 - Zombie Defence
« on: October 21, 2012, 08:15:10 AM »

You must read the Rules and Instructions Thread first, if you haven't already.

Building Contest 2012: 21 - Zombie Defence

Your Task:
The Full Moon has risen, the night when the dead rise has come. Who knows how long the Zombie Apocalypse will last... It's up to you to make sure your Sims survive it. It's time to defend against the Zombie hordes and build a base that is impenetrable. Perhaps it's almost as important to keep sims in as well as zombies out. There is a budget, there was no time to raise vast funds for survival, some town are already overrun. Will you let your town be overrun? Prepare for the worst, try to survive the worst. Good luck survivors...

Image by Carl from the Zombies Guide Page

Specifications:
  • Lot Type: Residential
  • Number of Bed Spaces: Minimum of 7
  • Budget: $55,000
  • Lot Size: Any.
  • Other Specifications:
    • Defensive Fortifications.
    • Supply Room
    • Living Area
  • Optional Specifications:
    • Medical Facility
    • Surveillance Room

Contest Start Date: 12:00am, Monday, 22 October, 2012   
Contest End Date: 11:59pm, Sunday, 4 November, 2012

How to post your entry:

Do not post any comments or compliments in this thread until the contest is closed. Please PM either samoht04 and Lilygirl with any questions or concerns.

Last Update:
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2012: 21 - Zombie Defence
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 08:16:31 AM »
Sorry this is later than usual. I was away from home for the last week and was returning home on Saturday. I had hoped to get it posted yesterday but we were late in getting home and by then I was exhausted and due to taking my computer with me would have had to set everything up again.

Hope you enjoy this Contest! Looking forward to seeing the great entries!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 03:52:43 AM »
Apologies for not unlocking the thread! I'd forgotten I hadn't unlocked it, whilst being distracted by four essays needing to be written for the same day..  :-X

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 02:42:54 PM »
Zombie Defence
by ladybug53
[b[b
Lot Size: 30 x 30
Price Furnished: 54,633
Price Unfurnished : 38,568

Expansions used : Late Night - Generations - World Adventure - Supernatural - Showtime - Ambitions.
Stuff Packs used : None.

This home has three bedrooms, two bathroom, one powder room, kitchen, living room, supply room, medical room and a garden. The garden is for certain items required to make elixirs for curing in case of a zombie attack. Let's all hope that the high fencing and locked gate will keep them at bay.

Lets take a tour of the home and lot.

Click to enlarge image.

Link to Download.             http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,13075.0.html
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline purpleice822

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 05:24:42 PM »
Name: Safehouse
Lot Size: 40x30
Price: 54,469 furnished
          38,599 unfurnished
(the price may be slightly different- the game keeps changing the price even though I don't change anything- but it should be within 50 simolens of what I have here)
Description: A perfect place to hide if zombies are coming after you! 1br, 1ba
Content: Amb, LN, Gen, Pets, Supernatural

The Safehouse is for when (and they will) the zombies rise up and attack us all.

The Only way in and out:

Try breaking through that- I dare you.

Next, the barricade of doors:

Now try getting through the rest- as a mindless zombie.

The first floor:

The floor had to be done and redone many times due to frequent zombie attacks while it was being built

Inventing and Alchemy:

Where skilled sims can work to better the other inhabitants' lives, or try to research a cure for the zombiism.

The Circle of 8:

This is where the inhabitants of the house will meet to discuss all matters pertaining to the the safety of the house and its inhabitants.

The Living Quarters:

The Living Area complete with 7 bed spaces, a kitchen with a LOT of storage, and a full bathroom.

A Close-up of the kitchen/eating area/storage area

The Garden Area:

Where plants are kept safe from zombies so the inhabitants will never go hungry.

Finally, the Observation Deck:

So you can see zombies coming before they see you.

Get the Safehouse today so that you can be prepared for the worst possible tomarrow!

Link:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,13069.0.html

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 05:59:58 PM »
Undead End Drive

Size:  20x30
Cost:  43,336
Expansions and Store content:  All (only free or acceptable store content has been used)

Description

Maddox awoke in a white room confused by what was happening and why there was a man standing in the corner of the room mixing potions.  He explained that his name was Fredrick and him and those who he lived with had saved Maddox from Zombies.  Maddox scoffed and didn't believe the crazy old man.  So he took her on a tour of the facility.  The room that she had woken up in was actually the Medical room, sparse as it was as they had yet to have a good rummage in the abandoned hospital in town.

Fredrick then took Maddox to the Surveillance Room were Roger, just barely a teenager was tapping away at a computer.  Fredrick explained that the computer was hooked up to various 'hidden' cameras in the area.

Maddox still thought that this was the ramblings of a crazy old man (yes even a lady who is purple can think that an old man is crazy).  He then should Maddox the truth of the situation he asked her to take a seat, he flicked a switch on a remote and suddenly a light came on in the glass room and there stood a man who was disfigured, well 'Zombiefied'.  Maddox looked in awe at this, this creature (no other word could describe him).  Fredrick assured Maddox that him and those that he lived with were trying their hardest to find a cure for the curse.

He gave Maddox a quick whistle stop tour of the rest of the facility including the store room where they were growing plants.

An over view of the facility.

And above ground.  The defence systems are five fold, first there is the peashooter, then Parker is always on the look out and will radio down.  The gate it's self is padlocked and even if the Zombies get past the gate and into the building they still need to choose the correct sequence for the 'bookshelf' to open and if they get past all that, the Zombie purifier will take them.

Fredrick asked if Maddox would help them in the fight against the Zombies.  She said that she would and just before they shuck hands Maddox disappeared in a ball of electricity!

To download this excellent Zombie defence facility please click the link!
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 03:48:44 AM »
Fort Sweet Fort, by Ausette

Lot Type: Residential, 1 br 1 ba
Lot Size: 20 x 40
Cost when placed on 20 x 40 lot: $51,391 ($32,891 unfurnished)
Contains Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Showtime and World Adventures content

In case of apocalypse, you might want to consider investing in this subterranean bunker. Inhabitants are protected from undead visitors by gates, doors, fences, swords, a trench, and a controllable dart trap.

I don’t have Supernatural yet so I had to make do with World Adventures. The dart trap will fire as long as there’s a Sim or statue on the switch controlling it. You can learn how to set your own traps from this thread.

Can be downloaded on its main thread, here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 11:58:27 AM »

McZombie Manor

Lot Type: Residential, 3 Bedroom, 1 bath
Lot size: 30x 40
Cost: 54,970 $
Contains: Ambitions, Generations, World Adventures, Supernatural, Showtime

You may think this is an altruistic bastion of Simanity, Oh no. It's nowhere near. This is simply a precaution for the man who caused it. He's hiding from his own Zombies.

Thick walls, a security gate, and a magically secured door make up the outer perimeter of defenses.

Tyson McZombie, the man who caused it all hides here. He is guarded by Tonia and Lara, two genie sisters who compete for his affection,a pair of werewolf twins, Jacob and Thornton, a Vampire, Eduardo, and a Ghost, Scout. Here they sit to listen to Tyson's proclamations.

The ground floor bedroom contains four bunk beds for the werewolves, Eduardo, and Scout.

The first bedroom on the top floor is for Tonia and Lara. That room contains the only door to Tyson.

The final bedroom is where Tyson sleeps.

Also on the to floor is the Alchemical Medicine lab. Here Tyson can treat any illness with magical and Alchemical means. It also contains a surveillance orb, which is used to monitor all the happenings of the inside.

A less refined surveillance area is also available for monitoring the perimeter.

They survive on magical produce and food conjured by Tonia and Lara.

The bathroom is rather spartan, as Tyson can take care of all the needs of the people inside.

Ground floor. Note the TombTech doors, magically sealed to these sims only.

Top floor.

While the apocalypse rages on, the man who caused it all can sleep soundly, comforted by his security.

McZombie Manor

Linkage: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,13103.0.html
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 04:34:50 AM »
Building Contest 2012, #21
A Zombie Defense

Name: Five Strike Tower
Lot Size: 30 x 40
Bedrooms and Bathrooms: 4 br and 3 ba
Cost Furnished:$54,000
Cost Unfurnished: $37,020
EP and SPs: Ambitions, (Beds, Decor, Inventing Table, Trees) Late Night, (Toilets, Sinks, Couch) Generations, (Chairs, Couch, Toys, Chemistry Table) Pets, (Weeds, Bed, Dresser, Dining Table) Showtime, (Windows, Bed) Katy Perry Sweet Treats, (Dollhouse) Supernatural, (Chairs, Toy Box, Teddy Bear, Alchemy Station, End Tables) Supernatural LE (Peashooters)

Five Strike Tower is the only way to survive against the zombie in Bridgeport. (Unless you are a zombie or a celebrity) Five Strike Tower uses many different techniques to keep zombies out. Example: Many peashooters are on the lot and the only entrance into the actual house is protected by not one but two gates. The small background is perfectly safe-ish. Let me show you around this safe complex.

The first floor of the tower is used as an office and has a view on every part of the complex. The first floor of the house holds the kitchen, living room and the small backyard. Some areas do need a bit of work but since we were low on cash when we began work, we need that extra push.

The second floor holds all of the bedrooms and the small ‘hospital’. We produce all of our medicine in the workshop on the third floor.

If you would like to donate or move in, we can’t wait!

Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 02:27:28 AM »
Building Contest 2012-21, Zombie Defence.
Name:  Zombie Apocalypse Now.
By:  CynKuy

Lot Size: 40 X 40
Furnished: 52,619
Unfurnished: 25,781
7 Bedspaces (Includes 4 Sleeping Bags), 2 Bathrooms.

Content: Base, Ambitions, World Adventures, Pets, Generations, Late Night,
Fast Lane, Supernatural, and some store content.

Description:

There are few things scarier than zombies, most of them are living, breathing human beings.
For zombie defense it's simple, peashooters, peashooters, peashooters, and continued vigilance.
The rest of the defense is too trick the wily live ones, the place seems to be uninhabited
except for a crazy old coot but downstairs behind the secret door lives his family.
They even have a generator disguised as an old air conditioner to power the washing machine,
laptop, and grow lights for the most precious plants.  Outside are the farm, bees, a pond, and
some skilling objects and an old bicycle for transportation. The basement holds an alchemy kit
and store room with tools for whatever minor repairs and fix ups they can manage. 
The outhouse can be used in a pinch to hide from the sneakier zombies.

Click images to enlarge:

Link to Download: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,13132.0.html
Cynthia

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 04:10:21 PM »
Voting is now Open.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »
Building Contest 2012: 21 - Zombie Defence - October 22, 2012 - November 4, 2012
    SassySimmer and Ausette!

Congratulations SassySimmer and Ausette! Zombie Defence was the task and defending against zombies, is what those entries are perfect for  ! You can see SassySimmers's Entry here and download it here. You can see Ausette's Entry here and download it here.

SassySimmer's Entry
Ausette's Entry

SassySimmer's Comment:

"First off congratulations to Ausette!!  I would like to thank everyone who voted for me (can't believe I won one, very happy!!).  I love participating in the building contests and for this one my idea came straight away.  I loved everyone's build and I am just honored that you voted for my build, so thanks again!"

Ausette's Comment:

"Congratulations to SassySimmer and all the other competitors! I loved how everyone had such a different take on how to zombie-proof a building. For me, the hardest part was deciding on the size of the house - too small and it wouldn't be practical for seven Sims, but too big and it would stick out to the zombies like a sore thumb. I had such a fun time entering the contests again, and it was great to see everyone getting into the Halloween spirit!"

Comments are now allowed!  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 07:27:37 PM »
I'm open to comments on my build, as usual.

Congratulations SassySimmer, it's about time all your effort paid off! I love how you turned your building into a story, and all the quirky little touches like the "hidden cameras" and "zombie purifier" were brilliant. Great job.  ;D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 07:42:01 PM »
Ausette - What I liked about your build was the very "Ausette" feel it had while still keeping to the brief. You always manage to create very "clean" and functional looking builds and this was no exception.

The exterior with it's unfilled moat and the tower made it feel like an abandoned military outpost.

The picnic tables added to the military feel, just like the work out equipment. The furnishing was suitably dingy, like they were all that was left after a zombie apocalypse.

But, no matter what other qualities the house had - I was in love as soon as I saw the picture of the zombie caught in the dart trap. A great way to use WA technology to fight the zombies.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 07:55:21 PM »
Ausette, yours was brilliant. I seem to be stuck in the old mentality that sufficiently thick walls are all you need, whereas yours was creatively using everything at your disposal.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler