Author Topic: Unable to Save While Connected to Internet  (Read 1886 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Unable to Save While Connected to Internet
« on: October 21, 2012, 05:24:03 PM »
I have run into a new problem the last few days where if the game is connected to the Internet, I can't save. I've tried both "save" and "save as."  As soon as I logoff I can save again. I've also tried exiting without saving and going back into the game. It still won't save. I really don't know how long this has been going on because I haven't been playing while connected for a while. Suggestions?

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 11:50:14 AM »
Does anyone else have this issue?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
Re: Unable to Save While Connected to Internet
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 12:56:17 AM »
What exactly is happening? Does it do the saving routine and pop up an error code afterward? Or does it not bring up the saving box with the rings and plumbob? Does it allow you to even select the saving option?
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 08:57:39 AM »
What exactly is happening? Does it do the saving routine and pop up an error code afterward? Or does it not bring up the saving box with the rings and plumbob? Does it allow you to even select the saving option?

It just hangs there and crashes to desktop, then the error message, Sims 3 has stopped working. The save box does come up and I can choose "save" or "save as" but then comes the crash. As long as I remember to logoff before saving, it saves as its supposed to. I don't even logon anymore.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 07:15:07 PM »
It just hangs there and crashes to desktop, then the error message, Sims 3 has stopped working. The save box does come up and I can choose "save" or "save as" but then comes the crash. As long as I remember to logoff before saving, it saves as its supposed to. I don't even logon anymore.
I’ve never had that occur. Does sound interesting, though. I assume you clean your cache and related files? I do so every time after I quit the game. My technical know-how is somewhat limited in the department of fixing Sims 3 problems.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 07:18:31 PM »
Yes, I always clean my caches before playing. I imagine I'll have to do a reinstall before installing Seasons. Not looking forward to it. I would have to have all the "stuff". LOL

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 11:49:54 PM »
By “stuff”, I assume you mean your game discs? I digital download everything I can, but I still have CDs for my older games. I find it to be a pain in the neck to swap CDs whenever I want to play something different, and my optical drive doesn’t make the situation any better.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 11:54:41 PM »
I do digitally download but I have all of the store items as well. I always have trouble reinstalling them. They say they are installed but are not in the game when playing.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 04:43:09 AM »
I've had similar problems the last few times I've played. Now I always just tick the "select all" and press "install". It comes up saying "this package is already installed" for all of them, but I have no more missing objects. It wont give you duplicates in game, just remember to clear DCbackup, since there will be loads of new files in there.

anything