Author Topic: Graphics problems... please help?  (Read 4035 times)

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
Graphics problems... please help?
« on: October 23, 2012, 04:36:50 AM »
Right so I've just installed a brand new graphics card as my old one wasn't really coping too well with The Sims 3. Loads of lag etc. Now I have a new problem (and still have lag as well).

Here are my specs:

AMD Phenom(tm) 9600B Quad-Core processor
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate
64-bit Operating System
AMD Radeon HD 7770 Graphics card

I've tried the game settings on low, medium and high, and I'm getting THIS for texture:

I don't use mods or custom content. Can someone please help me out? Not only do I still have loads of lag (in game fps is around 6-23 depending what I'm doing or where I am), and the graphics are all messed up now. :(
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Leto85

Re: Graphics problems... please help?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:18:18 AM »
Are you sure you are fully patches? And have you cleaned out the DC Backup file?

It took me a bit before I saw the green on your picture was supposed to be grass. Maybe there are other setting in your game that has an influence this.
You might want to experience with it.

Oh, and your avatar is not showing up for me. Might be my mobile phone is not loading it properly now but if more people are not seeing it you might want to consider to re-upload it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 05:20:09 AM »
Strange. My avatar isn't showing up for me either :/

Yes, my graphics card is fully patched and updated, and so is my game. I also play World of Warcraft, and it works perfectly with the new graphics card. I've tried different settings.

Here's another pic...

All the trees and plants are gone as well :/
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:51:34 AM »
Fortunately, Wow doesn't have things like cache files and just goes with the flow for the computer.  You've completely cleaned out the cache files, thumbnail files maybe and your DCBackup (except ccmerged).  You've restarted the game and the computer at least once.  And you've tried a brand new game?  It might even be worth it to delete the the worldCache folder for Moonlight falls if you have any. 

Maybe even do a factory reset folder and start a new game in it to see if it's different. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »
Have you tried to see if you can change the settings on the graphic card?  I know Nvidia has all sorts of settings.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 10:30:30 AM »
Hello Neashaleigh,

There has been an issue lately with most recent GPU not being recognized by the game. Graphic settings are set to the lowest choices by default, just as if the card was a low end model. It looks like the issue you're having with your HD 7770 (which should run the game just fine in fact).

Ellacharmed at ModtheSims has posted on this subject:

Here is a step by step guide on how to solve the issue:
Game Help:Getting new graphics cards recognized by the game

Here is the link to the Q&A thread where you can post your questions:
Q&A: Getting new graphics cards recognized by the game

From what I've read, you'll need to update manually the files under Program Files where the game can get info on how good or not the various models of GPU are. Always remember to keep an untouched copy of those files safely before you modify anything. You'd need it if things don't go as expected, and you'll need to put back the original files when a new patch is issued. This should happen in short time with the release of Season in November.

Wish you the best of luck!
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »
Hello Neashaleigh,

There has been an issue lately with most recent GPU not being recognized by the game. Graphic settings are set to the lowest choices by default, just as if the card was a low end model. It looks like the issue you're having with your HD 7770 (which should run the game just fine in fact).

Ellacharmed at ModtheSims has posted on this subject:

Here is a step by step guide on how to solve the issue:
Game Help:Getting new graphics cards recognized by the game

Here is the link to the Q&A thread where you can post your questions:
Q&A: Getting new graphics cards recognized by the game

From what I've read, you'll need to update manually the files under Program Files where the game can get info on how good or not the various models of GPU are. Always remember to keep an untouched copy of those files safely before you modify anything. You'd need it if things don't go as expected, and you'll need to put back the original files when a new patch is issued. This should happen in short time with the release of Season in November.

Wish you the best of luck!

You.... are a genius. I now have trees back using the info above. Unfortunately, it seems to be at the cost of paths :/

However, I will continue looking. Maybe I missed something. It was quite a tedious process.
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 12:30:58 PM »
Omigosh I'm so stupid lol.... Once I actually clicked on a lot to EDIT it, the paths showed up :D

IT WORKED! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

MWAH!
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »
Great! Enjoy your nice shiny graphics  ;) I'm planning to change my card in the near future and the HD7770 is high on the list of the potential cards.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

anything