Author Topic: Help Needed - TS3 not working entirely  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Gingermouse

• Llama Wrangler
Help Needed - TS3 not working entirely
« on: October 24, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
Hi,
I started playing TS3 PC about three weeks ago. I have Sims + Pets. I love it so much and it has been great, however I really need some help because it suddenly has stopped working completely.

On generation 1 of a new game, my female young adult sim started to go through strange glitches (though these seem relatively common). She became all naked when wearing certain outfits. Her box went green and she would turn invisible and get stuck in places so i would type 'ResetSim Tracie Kirkwood' and it would be fine. Her husband had three wishes involving her, 'talk to Tracie', 'have a baby with Tracie' etc. and the base part of the wishes icons (such as the dummy for the one about having a baby) were there but her face was not. She became pregnant and when she went into labour in the night, the icon of sleeping was cancelled of course. She stood up and went invisible and was stuck oncancelling the icon of 'sleep till 7:00' with the icon 'Have baby' next, waiting  - this didn't end and the 'Reset Sim' code did not work. I did type it correctly.

Whenever she was due to starve to death, the starving moodlet went back to '7 hours'. She was completely invisible. I quit the game without saving and deleted the family.

Now I keep trying to make a new family because I love the game so much but it freezes and then I get the notice 'The Sims 3 has stopped working' and I have to close it.

I have a player profile but no mods or anything and no saved families.
 To try to help I deleted the compositorCache file, CASPartCache, scriptCache, socialCache, and the simCompositorCache file and many screenshots from my documents. I have barely any saved documents as the laptop is new and I have no other games.

I downloaded the game from Origin.

My laptop is the Sony Vaio 5gb Ram and runs very well when sims is working.

Any solutions?

Thank you so much  :). I hope this can be resolved

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Help Needed - TS3 not working entirely
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 12:47:52 PM »
Did you also delete everything but CCmerged from DCBackup? I don't know how much it would help, but it's worth a try.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gingermouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 12:51:30 PM »
Oh no I deleted everything from DCBackup. Even CCmerged. I read it made your game faster to clear it weekly or monthly in a thread here! But I did this after all the problems. Even so, is it a big deal? Sorry but I know very little about these things

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 12:53:22 PM »
Well, CCmerged is what helps your custom content (including Store content) work with the game. If your Sim had custom content, that might have affected it but otherwise I don't know too much about it.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04