Author Topic: Launcher Broken; Downloading Stuff from the Exchange  (Read 2793 times)

Abigor

Launcher Broken; Downloading Stuff from the Exchange
« on: June 19, 2010, 03:30:08 PM »
The launcher broke, dunno why, and I can't start it. I don't really care though, since I can enter through other various ways. My problem is the exchange; I can't download stuff from there. Is there anyway to get stuff from that exchange without starting the launcher? I want to download a couple of awesome houses and I cannot.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Launcher Broken; Downloading Stuff from the Exchange
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »
I'm afraid I don't know a way to work around the launcher for downloading from the Exchange.  All I can do is warn you that you can get some crazy third party content in those houses and it can really mess up your game.  If a third party object is used in building the house, it will get into your game when you download.  Try to find builders who don't use any third party content if you can.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 12:31:31 AM »
I noticed I had a message in my sims3 mailbox and it was from the administrator.  They are telling people not to download from the exchange because there are issues, now I don't know what they are, but they said until further notice do not download anything.  I have not downloaded anything in there for a few weeks, so I am not sure what is going on, so maybe that might have something to do with it.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 12:56:30 AM »
This is due to a custom content doll that was loaded to the exchange as part of one of the lots. The doll then attached itself to any house loaded to the exchange by anyone that had downloaded the original lot with this doll. The doll spread like wildfire and is reportedly causing serious problems for some people.

There are various threads on this doll, but the easiest way to clean up the doll from your game is:

The doll will mostly be in your DCBackup file!

To get rid of the doll, search the electronics arts folder in "my docs" for the following....

0x038a68fe04da61a6aa65f939d77fbc37.package

Then delete it.... it's so easy if everyone does it!!

Here are the links to the doll threads:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/215866.page

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/218510.page

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 02:45:45 AM »
I think I got that doll, too.  I saw it in Buy Mode beside the teddy bear.  It went away when I reinstalled everything with Ambitions.  Thank goodness!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 07:42:29 AM »
And this is the reason why the only thing I've ever downloaded was Riverview. :)

For the OP Abigor: I believe that the launcher is needed to download from the exchange. Why it glitches up, I don't know, but it sometimes fixes itself for me at least.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Abigor

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 05:45:09 PM »
Don't have the doll, so doubt it's the troublemaker.

And this is the reason why the only thing I've ever downloaded was Riverview. :)

For the OP Abigor: I believe that the launcher is needed to download from the exchange. Why it glitches up, I don't know, but it sometimes fixes itself for me at least.

K. I'll try to download it and report the results here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.