Author Topic: Where can I find the fireflies/lightening bugs?  (Read 6660 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Where can I find the fireflies/lightening bugs?
« on: October 26, 2012, 10:57:13 AM »
I have searched the Arboreum at night and around my home as I have placed spawners for butterflies.  I read somewhere that the butterflies turn into fireflies at night, but still none show up.

Is there a certain place I can find them?  Can lights in the yard stop them from showing up?

I used the buydebug and placed the spawner for lightening bugs, the High 1 and 2, and Low 1 and 2, also the kite spawners, I want lots of pretty butterflies around my flower gardens.  I want them for looks,  not to collect. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Where can I find the fireflies/lightening bugs?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 12:06:45 PM »
Fireflies came with Showtime and the showtime patch I believe.   It's not guaranteed that a firefly will spawn just like it's not guaranteed that a butterfly will spawn and it's usually only specific spawners if I remember correctly from the research I did.  Does your skill journal have the firefly challenge when you look under collecting?  As for the question about lights, I don't think so.  I find green fireflies over by the elixir shop all the time.  Even the one I placed in Lunar Lakes does it. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »
Sorry to be so long in getting back.

The skills journal does have the challange, and they are mentioned in the statistics section.  However, they are not in the list that shows all of the collection items.  My assumption (and we all know that can be  :) ) is that it shows up in the list of collections only if you have that specific pack.  Such as Showtime for the fireflies.

My lack of knowledge of items specific to a certain expansion pack is showing through; it is frustrating (and  :-[  ) at times, since I should have thought of that.   

Offline CountessCrazy

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »
They are only out at night.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 06:12:31 PM »
In Moonlight Falls I see them outside the Potion Shop almost every night.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

anything