Author Topic: Store items fills up DCBackup folder  (Read 2831 times)

Leto85

Store items fills up DCBackup folder
« on: October 28, 2012, 03:40:32 PM »
Is it normal that when I install all my store items at once, as they keep disapearing from my game, that the DCBackup file keeps filling up with files I have learned are better to remove?
280 files are suddenly added to this folder. :(

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Store items fills up DCBackup folder
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »
Yep, it's normal. Every time I reinstall all my store content the DCbackup gets filled with new files, I think it's part of the installation process. I just remove and start the game. No problemos.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 05:56:14 PM »
Yep, it's normal. Every time I reinstall all my store content the DCbackup gets filled with new files, I think it's part of the installation process. I just remove and start the game. No problemos.

Well, muchos problemos para mi as when I sometimes start up the game all my store items are gone and replaced by whatever the game like to replace it with. And I have to reinstall it.
Is there anything I can do about this? Would be nice if the game keeps my stuff. :P

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 06:43:14 PM »
I'd love a fix for that as well, but I haven't found one.

Right now I'm just re-installing it all every time I start up the game, it's annoying (but still takes less time than loading my dynasty file) so I see it as a way to practice patience.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 07:05:30 PM »
There is a bug where the launcher doesn't recognize installed items so if you try to do it again then they will say already installed.

Also make sure you're deleting DCbackup and not DCCache.  DCCache is the one that says that you have items installed.  So if you remove those files you do have to reinstall.   

As for the first mentioned bug, I noticed after my recent reformat that as long as I only tried to install 10 items at a time that it took a long time before I ran into the issue where the launcher stop recognizing installed content.  I would periodically close the launcher after every third or fourth install of items to make sure it was happening to.  It takes longer but I have everything installed even if the game doesn't recognize about 20 items.  I can still use them in game without trying to install them again through launcher.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 07:31:12 PM »
I have some items that show as not installed in the launcher but in game they are there.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »
You're not deleting CCmerged from DCBackup are you?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 08:02:43 PM »
You could try installing them in the mods/packages folder as .package files (instead). If you get Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter you can 'unpack' the sims3pack files. It's not especially complicated - you just tell it the folder where all the sims3pack files are that you want to extract, then the folder where you want the .package files to go, and click the button. Think of it like unzipping or unraring a file :)