Author Topic: Witch cast spell - make couples fight?  (Read 7006 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Witch cast spell - make couples fight?
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:14:40 AM »
I'm curious (and also to some extent, confused) if this is possible.  I placed a sim couple from another game into MF.  They had good relationships, no problems.  The first day I sent them both to the garden I had created and they were collecting veggies, fruits and such.  The three witch sisters were there, casting spells it seemed on everyone, turning a couple into frogs, dueling with each other.

One of them cast a spell on my sim, there were some sparkles but that was all.  It was late, sent them home to have a meal and go to bed.  The next morning, they get up and start off fighting, they are angry at each other, and I can't seem to get them to stop fighting.  There is the negative red as soon as they get near each other.

Is it posslble for one of the three witches to have cast a spell that causes a couple to fight?
I haven't played a witch yet, so I don't know what they can do in such areas .

I sent the female sim to get some items from the Alchemy store, and then had her go to the arboreum.  He had, at the home, a having a blast moodlet and she was smiley face while at the arbor; but as soon as they saw each other, the became angry again. 
I'm confused at this behavior.  It shows them as enemies now. 

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: witch cast spell-make couples fight?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:41:55 AM »
Unfortunately it sounds like one of the witch sisters tried to cast love charm on your sim but failed.  When this happens the next person to interact with your sim within a 24 hour period instantly becomes an enemy, rather than falling in love with them. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: witch cast spell-make couples fight?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 02:06:23 AM »
Definitely enemies. It shows them as not married, she refused to get in the bed with him where the night before they had no problem.  Daggers and mean looks toward each other. 

Thankfully, I had saved it just before I sent them to the park, so I checked it out; it shows them as a married couple, their relationship is high and they were flirting with each  other.  I am just glad I had saved it just before the visit to the park. 

Thanks for the info, I was going Huh? at the total change in behavior.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
Re: Witch cast spell - make couples fight?
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
I had a witch scare on one of my couples as well. A witch cast a love charm on my female Sim. I had to make sure she went over to her husband to talk to him before anyone else. They both had the eternally faithful (or whichever one) moodlet and I didn't want to mess that up.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 06:55:08 PM »
Those meddlesome Crumplebottoms! They're always casting Love Spells on my Sims!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 07:38:37 PM »
Those meddlesome Crumplebottoms! They're always casting Love Spells on my Sims!

Imagine being a townie spouse when my sims are around though. I cast love charms on everything just to wreck their days. If one of your sims has a moodlet manager, use it on them if a townie casts on them.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 11:22:39 PM »
The old saying " I don't get mad, I get even" ?  That is my plans.  I had fortunately saved just before they went to the park, and since of my sim's LTW is alchemy, she will be making up some elixers to remove their ability to be witches.  Revenge is so sweet  :D

My couple had another mishap.  She mixed up an elixer which backfired and turned herself into a toad.  When her hubby kissed her to remove the spell, he was turned into a toad!

She was able to make a cure for both of them, but still; things come in three, wonder what will happen next to them. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 02:40:23 PM »
I'd like to give a welcome to the site, it is a great place to learn about the game, tips that can help a lot.  I'm glad that I found this place, it has helped me a lot in how to fix a problem, so if it can be fixed I am sure someone here can help you.   

I am curious though, how long was your couple together before this happened?  Had you just started the game and it was just a few days, or had you been playing for a while, they had gone through the romancing stage, the dating, getting to know each other over a period of time and then the proposal, marriage?

My theory, and it is just that, a theory, is if this is a new game and they met and had the romance then marriage in just a couple of days, it could be a glitch in the game itself. 

Do you have a save from an earlier time?  Before they met and married?  If so you could try going there (although I am sure you have aleady tried that) to see if that will fix the problem.   

There are those here who are much more knowledgeable about the game and the intricacies of the games. I am sure that they can help you better than I can.   I do hope you can find an answer. 

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 03:50:24 PM »
From my experience, do NOT let an inexperienced witch caste a love charm on themselves or someoone else, since it can back fire and cause what was described. Watch your sims que an see if they have "cast love charm", then delete it! Once they are experienced in witchcraft, there shouldn't be a problem.

Also, in MF be careful, because there are  a LOT of withces, and when you're not watching, someone can cast a spell on your sim without your knowing!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 03:58:33 PM »
That I find strange, about exiting the carvan and sniping at each other. On the safe side, I never have my partnered sims in the same employment, since personally (in real life) I had to fire my husband.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 01:31:47 AM »
I haven't done the fortune teller career yet, am planning on doing that one in a personal dynasty that I am working on.  Making a list of careers that I  have never tried and going to set rules for it.  Looking at the the challenges here for ideas, I don't think, at least at present, I could do one of the formal ones, I like to use some of the cheats too much, the motherlode and a couple of others.

I remember reading about a blue aura, how it had a negative effects on the sims. 

I was just glad that I had saved mine and didn't lose the couple.  I think the Crumplebottoms sisters, especially Beatrice, enjoy casting bad spells and messing up sims lives. 
She toadified a sim who was walking by her.  Later on, she did that to one of my daughters.  I got even, though; first I cured my daughter then used the potent cure and took away Beatrice's powers, she became human.  Then tossed a flask of angry bees at her.   

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 04:17:41 AM »
You need more than the essence of magic to make her a witch again. There is another elixir (sorry I forgot the name) than will turn her back into a witch. The "potent cure" makes them human. I use it in my town to keep the number of supernaturals down to a reasonable number.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 11:16:32 AM »
It is called Witches Brew.  I think you have to be at level nine to make it, the ingredients are toad, light bettle and moonstone gem.  You can find it at the elixer store sometimes. 

anything