Author Topic: Patch 1.42: 'Update Failed: Invalid File Found'  (Read 5601 times)

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
Patch 1.42: 'Update Failed: Invalid File Found'
« on: November 03, 2012, 12:51:31 PM »
 Every time I try to update my game to the new patch, the message "Update Failed: Invalid File Found" . I know this has occurred to other people and I've tried different solutions but nothing seems to work. And as all my current games are dynasty challenges, I need to be fully patched. :/
 I'm not very tech savvy so if you can help you'll have to put it in very simple terms for me  :-[
    Thank you.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Patch 1.42: 'Update Failed: Invalid File Found'
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 01:02:57 PM »
When was the last time that you updated origin?  Also - try the super patch - it can be found here.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 02:31:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure the last time I patched up to origin was very recent.
Thanks for the super patch I'll definitely try it :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
The Super Patch will let you patch. I've had "File Not Found" errors for several patches now.

However, you will probably need to use the Super Patch every time. If you want to get rid of it, the only solution I know of is a full reinstall (not a Factory Reset), because you've got a file somewhere that either A) shouldn't be there B) should be there but isn't or C) is there, but isn't what the Patch expected to see there. Without carefully scrutinizing your files against someone who doesn't have this error (which would take ages anyway), the only way is to reinstall.

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 04:21:17 PM »
The Super Patch will let you patch. I've had "File Not Found" errors for several patches now.

However, you will probably need to use the Super Patch every time. If you want to get rid of it, the only solution I know of is a full reinstall (not a Factory Reset), because you've got a file somewhere that either A) shouldn't be there B) should be there but isn't or C) is there, but isn't what the Patch expected to see there. Without carefully scrutinizing your files against someone who doesn't have this error (which would take ages anyway), the only way is to reinstall.

Darn it. I guess I'll just go ahead with the Super Patch and cross my fingers. Thanks for explaining that so well :)
Thank you both for your help. Let you know what happens I won't be able to try for about an hour or so.

anything