Author Topic: Cars in a fire station?  (Read 6067 times)

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
Cars in a fire station?
« on: November 04, 2012, 07:16:59 PM »
Okay, so I decided to try the fireman career finally and of course I was using the stock fire station that I plopped into sunset valley when I bought Ambitions which isn't a bad little fire station really it's just to cramped and the sims wind up taking the long way around to get every where which is really not acceptable when you're supposed to respond quickly to emergencies.

So I decided to build a bigger version of the fire station on a bigger lot. I'ts basically the same layout but just more room to move around so the sims can take more direct routes.

Trouble is I can't seem to figure out how they got cars in the stock fire house. It wont let me do it. Or the stove for that matter. Ovens and microwaves should so be allowed in fire stations.

Any one know how to get those things in there?
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Cars in a fire station?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 12:31:58 AM »
The cars are in BuyDebug. :)

As for stoves, that can only be done by a Mod such as this (but I don't think Buzzler's checked if it's compatible with 1.42)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 01:20:02 AM »
The cars are in BuyDebug. :)

As for stoves, that can only be done by a Mod such as this (but I don't think Buzzler's checked if it's compatible with 1.42)

Really? Buydebug you say?

The only vehicles I found in buydebug was the Woowoo 4000 and the Extravagator 5000. It was the obvious first place to look. But the stock Fire house has a red Vorn P328 pick-up truck and a red Big Lemon parked inside. Those are not in BuyDebug.

I'll keep an eye on that mod you linked for a 1.42 compatible update as that would solve the cars problem too.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 02:46:45 AM »
You meant cars like Sim Cars? Sorry, I thought you meant the Fire Truck itself.

I think EA probably sent the Sim with the car in their inventory, then when the car was parked, saved the lot. I'm not 100% sure if that'll work.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 07:26:24 AM »
Neh, tried that, or rather something like that. I built the lot as residential but as soon as I changed the lot type to fire-station the cars, the oven, microwave and the expansive grill all got deleted by the game.

I'm sure the mod you mentioned is probably the best solution but unfortunately it wont be a share-able fire-station since all those things would get deleted any time some one installed it.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 02:51:06 AM »
Someone found a way to get it to work by using CAW but it's complicated and the mod would be quicker and easier.

Neh, tried that, or rather something like that. I built the lot as residential but as soon as I changed the lot type to fire-station the cars, the oven, microwave and the expansive grill all got deleted by the game.

I'm sure the mod you mentioned is probably the best solution but unfortunately it wont be a share-able fire-station since all those things would get deleted any time some one installed it.

Have you used the Mod before? I don't see why it would delete the stove if it was placed on a Community Lot of the right zoning, if you didn't re-zone the lot I would have thought it would remain how it was in the library. The only real way to find out is to try it though.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 09:16:45 AM »
Someone found a way to get it to work by using CAW but it's complicated and the mod would be quicker and easier.

Have you used the Mod before? I don't see why it would delete the stove if it was placed on a Community Lot of the right zoning, if you didn't re-zone the lot I would have thought it would remain how it was in the library. The only real way to find out is to try it though.

No I haven't tried the mod before. This is the first I've heard of it and a 1.42 compatible version hasn't been posted yet. I'll try it when it's posted.

I built the lot on a residential lot and rezoned it community/fire station after the stove and cars were in place and before the alarm was in place as that is only available in community lot objects in built mode but when I rezoned the stove and cars got deleted with the message "Some items on this lot are not allowed and will be deleted."

And don't get me started on CAW. lol I'm still waiting for help in a thread in that board. Can't get my custom world to show up in game after export and install.
Details on that here.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »
Well, I found a way to get cars on the lot after it's zoned as a Fire Station without requiring a mod.

All you have to do is play a firefighter and wait for other firefighters to show up for work. When they do, their cars (usually a Sloppy Jalopy or a Big Lemon but sometimes something else) get parked in empty parking spots. Then with (testingCheatsEnabled on) shift-click on the ground and select (Buy on This Lot)

Even though no cars will show up in buy mode you can use the Eyedropper tool on the firefighters parked cars to clone them creating cars that will be left behind when they go home.

Then you can just use the Create a Style tool on them to make them red.

Wether or not they'll survive the export and reinstallation into a fresh town though still remains to be seen.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 09:16:32 PM »
I know you said you don't want to use CAW, but if you change your mind, here are the instructions.

1.  Build your lot in the game, as a residental lot.
2.  Save it to the library
3.  Make a empty world in CAW
4.  Enter Edit in Game
5.  Place a empty the same size as your lot
6.  Place your lot in the open one
7.  Exit Edit in Game
8.  In CAW,  change the lot type to community and the community lot subtype to what you want it to be
9.  Open Edit in Game and save your lot to the library.
10.  Share/ continue editing your lot,  whatever else you want to with i
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 02:57:43 AM »
Actually I did get it to work with out caw. Seems I was just trying to do things in the wrong order.

After having the Fire Alarm installed (which is allowed on residential lots since you fire firefighter will actually get one to install in his home at level 10 of the firefighter career) I then switched the lot type back to residential and put in my stove in dishwasher and stuff.

It's all finished and installed in my custom World which you can see here.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

anything