Author Topic: Sims 3 App Crash from beginning  (Read 7623 times)

Offline bujart

• Nooboo
Sims 3 App Crash from beginning
« on: November 09, 2012, 11:48:54 AM »
i have this app crash problem ( Sims 3 has stopped working), this occur after clicking play from the launcher. that means, i didnt even make it into the game...

what ive done :

1. uninstall and reinstall 2 times
2. dep exception
3. remove all mods
4. fresh install again, only up to GEneration.

all above doesn't work.. ive met my dead end.

but here is the problem details

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   TS3W.exe
  Application Version:   0.1.0.1266
  Application Timestamp:   4ecd813f
  Fault Module Name:   TS3W.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.1.0.1266
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4ecd813f
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   000e5f26
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   044f
  Additional Information 2:   044f5d804e095772eddecffc100bd7ae
  Additional Information 3:   090f
  Additional Information 4:   090f780a3fcb2b345a1ea6624af3957e

i dont know what else to do. i appreciate your help. if u need dx diag. please do tell me because i dont want to mix and jumbling everything up~~ thanks

please do reply anyone~~~~ i need urgent help, this is the only 1 week for me to start enjoying SIMS3 -living life virtually~~~  ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Sims 3 App Crash from beginning
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:00:48 PM »
I had this same problem but what I did was uninstall completely.   There wasn't a trace left of the game on the computer with my "The Sims 3" folder safely on my backup drive.

I reinstalled in order of release - making sure to load the launcher and update between each disc.  I actually hit play to see that it would work between each one.  This is important for all the EPs/SPs prior to Generations since the patching was different back then.

I don't even have mods downloaded on my computer right now because of the crashing so I wanted to make sure that nothing was in the way of it.   I heard there is a possibility of needing a new resource.cfg file that can cause corruption. 

If you get just the base game installed by itself with nothing extra - all you did was install the game.   Are you patched to 1.42 and that is the cause of the problem?  Only way to find out is to download the superpatch to 1.39 that can be found on SimsVIP or crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog.   Try doing just that patch.  You cannot reverse a patch so that's why I suggest base game only.

How are you installing the content - origin, steam or discs?   I do a combination of discs and origin.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bujart

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:10:51 PM »
hi ricalyn~~~
thousand thanks for the reply~~

ok to start with, all this installer is in .iso file. so can also be called virtual CD as what ive learned. all this iso file is actually an old collection of mine few months ago. which is previosly installed and worked fine even with mods. but now i got new pc.. but the same old Hard Disc. in this case i still have the old Sims folder. so what ive done is. i just install at the same old directory (i put it on E drive, but Drive C is Fresh Windows) .. so i hope i dont have to redo everything else. and 1 more thing.. i didnt buy the original CD.. i just try the crack version.

about patch : i didnt know whether its already in 1.42 or not. because after complete installation. i just hit update. then after update are successful. i think thats just it.. nothing more. anyway... i can read a stated version from Launcher ( 9.0.73.019001)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
Sorry but we can't help you because our Forum does not provide support or help for Illegal Copies or Pirate Copies of the Game.

3. Any discussion of piracy and things like CD cracks is forbidden.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]