Author Topic: Fortune Teller Career Glitch  (Read 4722 times)

Offline Corylea

• Townie
Fortune Teller Career Glitch
« on: November 10, 2012, 10:52:28 PM »
One of my sims got to level 10 in the Fortune Teller career (mystic branch), and immediately started losing relationship points with everyone, including her wife.

Other sims -- including her wife -- boo at her when she walks by, the way they do with celebrities who've done something bad.  But my sim isn't a celebrity and hasn't done anything bad.  It seems to be a glitch.  She's losing relationship points really, really quickly, too; her relationship with her wife declined from 100 to 30 in just a couple of hours.

I restored from a previous save, worked her up to level 10 again, and the same thing happened.  Then I did it one more time, to make sure.  Her relationships are all fine when she leaves for work on the morning that she reaches level 10, and nobody boos at her.  When she comes home from work after being promoted to level 10, everyone hates her.

Edited to Add:  It turns out that it's not a glitch.  I opened the Fortune Teller Career in S3pe, and discovered that anyone who has the Good, Friendly, or Family Oriented traits -- plus anyone in the Science career -- will hate people with the mystic aura (i.e., anyone at level 10 in the Fortune Teller Career, Mystic Branch). 

What?  Why would being friendly make a person hate fortune tellers?

So I made a little mod, replacing those traits with the Supernatural Skeptic trait.  It makes sense to me that Supernatural Skeptics would hate fortune tellers.

Offline Silverwing

• Nooboo
Re: Fortune Teller Career Glitch
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:58:41 AM »
Is there a place where I can get this mod?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
Re: Fortune Teller Career Glitch
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 01:07:23 AM »