Author Topic: Fortune Teller Career Fix  (Read 23712 times)

Offline Corylea

• Townie
Fortune Teller Career Fix
« on: November 11, 2012, 08:01:52 PM »
Did you get to level 10 in the Mystic branch of the Fortune Teller career, only to find that your reward is to see people boo your sim all over town?  Are your relationships with some of your friends -- maybe even your family -- going down VERY quickly?

Yeah, EA planned it that way.   :(

If you look at the XML file that controls the Fortune Teller Career, it turns out that sims with the Good, Friendly, or Family-Oriented traits -- plus anyone in the Science career -- will hate people with the mystic aura (i.e., anyone at level 10 in the Fortune Teller Career, Mystic Branch).

What? Why would being friendly, good, or family-oriented make a person hate fortune tellers? (I can see where scientists might not get along with fortune-tellers.  ;) )  And why would they hate honest fortune-tellers who really CAN predict the future (Mystic branch), rather than dishonest fortune tellers who are only pretending (Scam Artist branch)? 

So I made a little mod, replacing the Good, Friendly, and Family-Oriented traits with the Supernatural Skeptic trait, since it makes sense to me that Supernatural Skeptics would hate fortune tellers.  So, scientists and supernatural skeptics will still hate you, but people with the Good, Friendly, and Family-Oriented traits won't.

You can get the mod at http://corylea.com/Sims3_Mods.html

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Fortune Teller Career Fix
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 08:25:48 PM »
It sounds like they copied the aura code to be the same as the one you get from being an Emperor of Evil since that's exactly the people who hate you when you glow red.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 09:18:50 PM »
It sounds like they copied the aura code to be the same as the one you get from being an Emperor of Evil since that's exactly the people who hate you when you glow red.

Ah, that's interesting.  I've heard about the red glow, but I've never actually played an Emperor of Evil, so I didn't realize it was those same three traits. 

I guess EA must have meant to change those traits from the ones that hate evil to something that would hate fortune telling but forgot to.  Well, I've changed those traits to something that makes sense for them.  ;)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 11:22:09 PM »
Ahh, good job Corylea :) I hadn't played that career yet, so I hadn't noticed the problem. I did something similar a while back for heckling - I restricted it to certain trait types, because I hate it when everyone is booing everyone else.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 09:07:30 PM »
I did something similar a while back for heckling - I restricted it to certain trait types, because I hate it when everyone is booing everyone else.

I hate that, too!  I modded it so that only teenagers would do it, since booing people doesn't seem very adult.  ;)