Author Topic: Fellowship of the Dynasty - And He Lived Happily Ever After...  (Read 35279 times)

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - And He Lived Happily Ever After...
« on: November 13, 2012, 09:52:46 PM »
The Prophecy

One Town will summon all
One Sim to find them
One Challenge brings them all
And Thus Forever Binds Them

"Gandalf!" Tia called cheerfully to the tall blond standing alone in the field.  "Time to get back to work!  I know we...can..." her voice trailed off as the figure turned to stare at her.

"You're not Gandalf," she began, but the man held up a hand.

"There have been a few changes," he told her.

"But, Lasse, Legolas, I mean, there was a schedule..."  Tia faltered.

"We had a meeting.  Gandalf refuses to start this again.  He says he hates cooking and he'll be back after you've found someone else to push out all those Autumn Salads."  He fixed her with a steady gaze.  "I'm not painting, either.  You need to shake up your thinking."  He handed her a sheet of parchment.

"What's this?" Tia asked, scanning the calligraphy carefully.

"Instructions to get us started.  There'll be more later."

"I've never even tried some of these things," Tia complained.  Her eyes went wide as she read the signature at the bottom of the page.  She looked up at Legolas, who nodded grimly.

"Oh, yes, Tia.  It's gotten to the point where he's taking a hand."

..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Will of the Council
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:04:25 PM »
"So, Lasse, what did you come with for this Dynasty?"  Tia asked, trying to keep up with the long strides of the man.

"I've got Charisma and Ambition, I Love the Outdoors, I have a Green Thumb, and I'm Family Oriented.  And I've got this."  He pulled out something that flashed in the sun.  Tia gasped.

"That's a tab, Lasse!  Those things are dangerous!"

"Not if used responsibly.  That's your department.  Besides, it's got all my Breaking Benjamin CDs downloaded."  He winked at her and continued.  "I'm planning to use it as a wedding present actually."

Tia cleared her throat.  "I don't mean to be awkward, but about that..." she began hesitantly.  Legolas stopped in his tracks, fixing her with a stare from icy blue eyes.

"I'm taking care of that.  In fact, now that the garden is in order, I'm on my way there now."  He pointed to the Unfettered with Feathers home.

"That was quick!" Tia told Legolas a few nights later.  "Please, just give her the tab.  You're scaring me to death with it.  I saw you listening to a writing tabcast."

"Welcome to the family, Hailey.  How do you feel about painting?  You can start listening to this wonderful cooking program while you practice."  Tia said, after the vows.

"Painting, cooking, fishing, it's all pretty much the same to me.  I don't have any real skills."  Hailey told her.

"How on earth do you start a fire making mac and cheese?"  Legolas grunted, as he battled with the flames.

"Well, I was stirring, and then I started thinking about how many dogs are in this town, and I forgot about it"  Hailey said, tears in her eyes. 

"It's not her fault, Lasse, don't get grumpy on us.  We'll just get her a better stove."  Tia said, flipping through the catalogue.

"That's funny, I just wished we had the one that helps you learn to cook.  It seems like every time I wish for something, it sort of happens almost right away.  I must be the luckiest person in the world."

"You just keep thinking that," Legolas told her, cleaning up the disaster that had been their outdoor kitchen.

"So, Hailey, who's your friend?" Tia asked innocently.

"This is Jen.  It's the strangest thing, I wanted a dusty old lamp, and all of a sudden, poof, there she was."

"Yeah, honey, really strange," Jen said, snapping her gum.  "So what's it gonna be?"

"We could use a little more cash around here..." Hailey began.

"Done.  You mind if I hang around here for a while?"  She turned her head as a whoop of delight came from the garden.  "What the heck was that?"

"Legolas just got his lifetime wish, that's all.  Stick around, Jen."  Tia told her, grinning from ear to ear.

"Now, let's see,"  Tia said to herself a few days later.  "Gardening is going well, portraits taken care of, Hailey is still learning to cook, but no more kitchen fires, thank goodness.  Bought the Coffee House and Cinnamon Crest, Ops are well under way.  That means it must be time for..."

"Ah, you've anticipated me."

..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:36:32 PM »
It looks like Legolas doesn't have pointed ears? But why?
Side note, glad to see you've started again. Good luck this time round.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 01:35:33 AM »

*looks shifty eyed*  Er, his ears will be a plot point later on.  Yep, a plot point.  And thanks, I can use all the luck I can get.
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 01:39:08 AM »
Yeah, Ma, why doesn't he have pointed ears? WHY DOESN'T HE HAVE the next chapter of the Hideous Dynasty up yet? POINTY EARS, MA?!

Yeah, but in all seriousness, it's because she has the whole fellowship already saved to the bin and has a file where she plays with them all, so she just pulled out a copy for sentimental reasons, as well as "this game's taking forever to load as it is, HE'LL DO!"
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 04:10:20 PM »
Ahhhh hahaha that makes sense.

By samoht04

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 01:12:07 AM »
*shooing Gwendy back to her room with admonitions to get her next Dynasty post in order*

@Rosa, the ears are a plot point later on, really.   ;)

Chapter Three - Babies, Instructions and Strategy

(Sorry there aren't a lot of screenshots in this part, I was so caught up in getting everything together I forgot to take them.  Also, since they don't have a house, some of them are dark.  I'll try to do better from this point on, though.)

"I see some things haven't changed,"  Tia said to Legolas as he and Hailey brought the twins home.  "Who's who, and why does that one have a note pinned to his blanket?"

"That's Aragorn," Legolas said, nodding at the baby lying comfortably on the grass while he put Boromir in the swing.  "The note is for you, from him.

Tia sighed and unfolded the paper.  "I wish he'd trust me a little more.  Things are going perfectly well."  She quickly read the contents of the letter.  "He wants them to do what?" she exclaimed.  Legolas turned from the twins, now giggling contentedly in their swings.

"It makes sense, if you think long term."  He stretched and looked towards the bed, where Hailey was sleeping soundly.  "She's doing extremely well."

"You all are," Tia muttered absently, re-reading the note.  "But they won't be able to start for ages, and with everything else..." she stopped, distracted by the book Legolas waved in front of her.  "Where did you get that?" she asked, a smile breaking across her face.

"Consignment store.  It wasn't all selling melons over there."  He grinned back at her.

The twins grew quickly.  They easily mastered the toddler skills, and Boromir read painting books every chance he got.  Aragorn loved exploring the toy chest.  All too quickly, they aged up into children. 

Between school, homework, portaits, Boromir's painting lessons, Hailey's rapid rise up the cooking level ladder and Legolas' frenzied gardening, the little family neglected pictures.  The twins had aged up to teens before Tia realized the deficiency. 

"Oh, well, at least the portraits are done," she said to Hailey over coffee, on one of Hailey's rare breaks.  Hailey had reached level ten of cooking and was now speeding along in her quest to master handiness and fishing. 

"It's not like anybody even had a makeover," Hailey pointed out.  "I hope you're going to fix that later on.  There is a certain look this family has to maintain."

Meanwhile, Legolas handed his oldest son a battered red-covered book.  "I want you to read this," he told Aragorn.  "And as soon as your done, give it to your brother."

"He won't take time from painting to read it," Aragorn said. 

"Trust me," Legolas said, smiling.  "This is something that the two of you must do together."

Aragorn sighed and began to read.  The ideas contained in the old book appealed to his disciplined nature, and he was eager to share this with his brother.  As soon as he finished the last page, he thrust it into Boromir's hands.

"Read this.  I don't care if you do anything else this weekend, just read this."

Boromir did, and was just as excited as his twin.  He neglected to eat, sleep or shower until he'd learned all the secrets of the book.  Exhausted, he drank some juice and fell asleep, a happy smile teasing the corners of his mouth.

The next day, the brothers were ready.

"Don't break the furniture!"  Hailey called.  In their rush, they'd left her the breakfast dishes again.

The twins sparred everywhere.  All over town, before school, as soon as the homework was done.  Their parents sighed, moved the dishes out of the way, changed the radio station from the death metal the kids were always playing, and went on with their tasks.  The twins even missed the great moment when their father reached the top of the gardening career, and all his tasks were complete.

"Nice look, Legolas," Tia smirked.  "Go have your snack."

Generation One: Legolas Fellowship
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Green Thumb, Family Oriented, Charisma, Ambitious
Lifetime Wish: Swimming in Cash
Building: Flying V Coffee House
Property: Cinnamon Crest
Supermax: Gardening
Career: Agricultural Mastermind
3 Lifetime Rewards: Fertility Treatment, Collection Helper, Replicator
6 Best Friends: Hailey Fellowship, Cornell Riffen, Maggie Grey, Benni Hennissey, Aragorn Fellowship, Bobby Parrott
6 Black Ops: Great Greens, Allow Me To Introduce Myself, Make a Dream, Fresh Taters, Business Model, Uncommonly Good.
Portraits: Young Adult, Adult, Elder

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 01:45:34 PM »
Wow, 200 views!  Hope you are enjoying this.

Chapter Four: Aragorn, Adventures and Amours

With Legolas having eaten his ambrosia, it was time to focus on the younger members of the family.  The twins finished high school and graduated with honours.

The next few days were spent at home, typically like this:

Boromir came out of his trance.  "Tia?" he called.  "He wants to know why we're not making progress."

Tia muttered under her breath.  "He's communicating directly now?  Tell him that we're on schedule, we're just waiting for something."

"What?" Aragorn asked, landing with a thump.

"Well, not to put too fine a point on it, this:"

"Poor Mom," Boromir said, sadly.  "I'm gonna miss her."

"Me, too." Aragorn replied.  "But did you see that dive?  That was awesome!"

"Okay, boys, pack up," Tia told them.  "You can get over your grief on the plane."

"Plane?" Aragorn asked.

"China.  Grand Tournament.  Let's go!"

The twins grinned and ran for the taxi.  Legolas stayed behind a bit with Tia, struggling with the bags.

"I think I should feel worse about Grim coming for Hailey," he said quietly.  "I'm not screaming or weeping or anything."

"It's the stone heart, Lasse," Tia told him, softly.  "We are working to a schedule, and grieving takes a lot out of you.  It's for the best, really."

The boys wasted no time getting set up in China.  The morning after their arrival, they began issuing challenges to anyone who had ever been near a Martial Arts Tournament.  Both twins having reached level 10 in Martial Arts before arriving, they had a great run of successes.  Then Aragorn called his next opponent.  Tia sucked in her breath as the competition arrived.

"What?" Aragorn asked, face flushed with victory and anticipation.  "I'm on a roll!"  He squinted at the figure mounting the stairs.  "Is that her?"

Tia hissed between her teeth.  "She's an old lady, Aragorn."

He shrugged.  "Yeah, I see the cane.  So?  I'll go a little easy on her if you want."

"Foolish boy!" Tia snapped.  "Have you forgotten Rule One?"

"Rule One," he mumbled, leaving her to greet his partner.  She smiled broadly and handed her cane to an onlooker.

There were, perhaps, stranger battles fought elsewhere in the universe, but this was one that no one present ever found an equal too.  Abi Yat Sen kicked Aragorn's butt six ways from Sunday.  She took him down easily, never losing the smile on her face.  She accepted every re-match, excusing herself a few times to take advantage of the washroom facilities, and then came back and beat him down again.  Finally on the 9th match, Aragorn managed to win.  Exhausted, dripping in sweat and hungry enough to eat even Boromir's cooking, he staggered back to Tia.  Legolas approached Abi and invited her out for dinner.

"Rule One?" Aragorn panted, hunched over, his hands on his thighs.  He peered up at her from behind sweat drenched hair.

"Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men."  She grimaced.  "Or little old ladies with canes, in this case."

Abi Yat Sen would be the fiercest competition Aragorn would face.  He sailed through the rest of the tournament, causing everyone to heave a huge sigh of relief.  The twins spent a day meditating in the Scholar's Garden, while Legolas did some necessary shopping.

"Aragorn!" Tia called, breaking through his concentration.  "Have you been wearing that all the time we've been here?  Capris?  Really?"

Back home, Legolas got busy planting his new exotics in the garden.  It was vital for future generations to have access to them...

and then he just goofed off in the sprinklers for a while.

"And I'm fishing in the dark on an island in France because...?" Aragorn asked.

"Because the grapes aren't quite ready.  If you get tired, your sleeping bag's in your pocket."

Back from his trip, he was quickly cornered by Boromir.  "How was it?  Did you see a lot of art?"

Aragorn yawned.  "It was boring like you would not believe, mate.  Shopping, pick up some grapes, and pull frogs out of a canal all night.  You go next time, okay?"

Once he was over his jet lag, there were two very important tasks for Aragorn.  Boromir had already enrolled as a Painter, and Aragorn joined the police force.  In the long term, however, the second task might prove more important.  Legolas sat him down.

"You need to get married." he told his son, bluntly.  "We need the next generation and I need someone else to play dominoes with.  Boromir cheats."

Boromir waved cheerfully at them from over his easel.  "All the time, Dad."

"But Dad," Aragorn said, "I don't have time for all that."

"Try the computer,"  Boromir said, wiping his brushes.  "They've got online dating now."

"Fine."  Aragorn switched on the screen and dove into the deceitful world of internet romance.

There was Tenisha:

She had all the qualities of a good Dynasty spouse but one.  She was married.

There were the old ladies, who sent cards and gifts.  Aragorn was intrigued, but Legolas put his foot down.  "When you finish all your requirements, you can squire the old dears around to your hearts content.  We need fertile."

Katrina was cute, they hit it off.  She was single.  She was breathing.  Her hair was brown, not grey.

"Move her in, she'll be perfect" Tia said.  But then the unthinkable happened.  No sooner had she got her bags unpacked then the sparkles showed up.

"You have got to be kidding me!"  Tia exploded.  Legolas was calmer.  He looked over the new housemate appreciatively.

"I'll take care of this," he said, with a sly smile.  "Aragorn, back to the computer!"

"I'll marry her," Aragorn said, pointing to a photo.  "I'm exhausted and I have work in the morning!"

"No Sasquettes, hon.  Go meditate, that always makes you feel better."  Tia said, as she watched Legolas from the corner of her eye.

"You didn't want Aragorn, you need a mature man, he's just a baby,"  Legolas was purring at Katrina.

"Man, y'all just get weirder and weirder the more I play," Tia muttered.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Aragorn, Adventures and Amours
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 11:43:50 PM »
I just wanted to say two things:

When I first read the Dreamweavers, I remember being surprised that Pam wished Indigo could be the heir instead of Nectarine.  A sim is a sim, I thought, what difference can it make?  Pam, I apologize.  I find myself feeling the same way about Boromir.

Secondly, Gwendy is trying to teach me to take better screenshots.  Please bear with me.  ;)

Chapter Five - A Hobbit Arrives

"Dad!"  Aragorn shouted, dropping out of his trance.

"He says we've been going about this the wrong way, and what we're looking for is right in our own backyard!"

He ran to the mailbox.  An attractive blonde woman was waiting there, hoping to get a photo or interview with one of the family. 

Life had not been kind to Lesley Strauss, orphan and struggling paparazzi.  Stalking celebrities didn't begin to pay for her designer shoe addiction.  So when handsome Aragorn Fellowship opened the gate and invited her into his home, she was thunderstruck.

They chatted well on into the night, and before the first rays of the sun peeped over the horizon, Lesley found herself not only engaged to the charming young man, but moving in with him as well.

Two days later, the couple exchanged vows, wanting the whole family to share the same last name.

If Aragorn had any qualms about how Katrina would take the news, he needn't have worried.

That night, there was quite a bit of excitement at the Fellowship homestead.  Aragorn aged up to Adult,

then Boromir,

then Lesley's water broke, sending Kat into hysterics.

Aragorn and Lesley brought young Meriadoc home, to have him promptly snatched up by the rest of the family.

Surprisingly, it was Boromir and Kat who did most of the child care.

They couldn't seem to get enough of little Merry.

"Boromir Sean Fellowship, who's hair have you stolen now?" Tia said, trying to keep the laughter from her voice.

He shrugged.  "Blame Kat, she bought some volumizing shampoo."

When Merry became a toddler, it was apparent that he loved his Uncle Borrie and his Grammie Kat.

Boromir bought him books and read to him constantly, while his parents were busy with work.

Grammie Kat couldn't walk past him without picking him up for a quick snuggle or little chat.

Merry aged up into possibly the cutest child sim Tia had ever seen in any Fellowship.

In between fawning over their grandchild, Legolas and Kat made time for each other.  Gardening, golf, dominoes, it didn't matter as long as they were together.

In fact, what could have been seen as a horrible mistake became a blessing as the whole family benefited from Kat's contributions.  She could cook, garden, fish, listen to bad jokes, she was the whole package.

On Love Day, she and Legolas packed up young Merry and took him to the Festival.  They had a grand time spoiling him and teaching him to rollerskate.

Kat was happier than she had ever been.

But not three minutes later, tragedy struck.

Legolas was left to try and console his heartbroken grandson.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Immortal Aragorn
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 06:54:45 PM »
Tiamet conflicted is a sorry thing to see.  One the one hand, there were so many problems playing in Appaloosa Plains.  Also, she'd made a bad decision concerning Seasons.  Eternal spring does not mean eternal warm.  Part of the appeal of this attempt was that there wasn't going to be a house, just an endless number of Outdoor Loving sims, happily enjoying the sunshine. 

On the other hand, was this:

So Tia bit the bullet and decided to try and work around her mistakes.  First there were a few things to take care of.

Aragorn worked hard to finish his requirements, getting to the top of his career.  Little Merry aged up to teen and was well looked after by the rest of the family.

Legolas helped his with his homework.

Boromir encouraged his painting.

And Lesley taught him to drive.

Aragorn finally finished all the requirements and sat down for bowl of yummy replicated Ambrosia.

Aragorn Fellowship (Gen 2)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Disciplined, Athletic, Charismatic, Brave
LTW: Physical Perfection
Property: Appaloosa City Water Treatment
Building: Darris Teeter Art Theatre
SuperMax: Martial Arts
Career: International Super Spy
3 LTR: Prepared Traveler, No Bills Ever, Jetsetter
6 Black Ops: Amateur Olympics, Ultimate Challenge, Celebrity Body, No Warts Please, Push It, Lots of Fresh Fish
6 Best Friends: Legolas Fellowship, Boromir Fellowship, Lesley Fellowship, Zhan Su, Willie Couture, Biyu Shen
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 07:06:27 PM »
Yay!   I hope you continue this.  I started reading it a while ago, but wasn't sure if you were going to continue it or not.  Hope it all works for you!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 09:18:59 PM »

I just got caught up, apparently having missed this one before. Gotta love the Lord of the Rings theme. Merry is super cute! And Loves the Outdoors is such a wonderful mood boost trait, I always enjoy that one. I suppose if you're worried about them getting wet but don't want to build a house, you could always just put a roof over some columns? Or what about Seasons seems to be the problem?

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 09:56:55 PM »
Thanks, Shewolf, Rhoxi!  I turned off all the rain/snow etc in Seasons, and made it permanently spring, but the sims still get cold, even with the Loves the Cold LTR.  Any new sims I moved in were chattering their teeth.  So I broke down and built them a house, so they can go in and warm up and not freeze while they're sleeping.  I've also been worried about all the combined rabbit holes in AP, but with the new buildings and things, and a judicious re-planning of skills, I think I've got it under control.

Thanks for the good luck!  And Merry is the most adorable sim child I've ever had.
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 10:00:12 PM »
If you have a huge amount of flame fruit, I'd give five or so to each person. I use it as a way to prevent my sims from freezing in the winter, and they get a nice moodlet for it too.

Oh, and I love this dynasty. It has just the right amount of story and humor. Merry is really adorable too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 07:53:01 AM »
Thanks for the info, Trip!  I had given everybody one flame fruit, I didn't know it would make a difference to give them more!  Definitely going to try it!

And on with the story!

Chapter Seven - Of Merry, Marriages and Monkey Wrenches

With Aragorn safely immortal, it was time to concentrate on the hobbit lad.  Just after his father's big step, the family left their compound and headed for his graduation.

Merry was Valedictorian and snapped up the Most Artistic award, as had his Uncle Borrie.  The family was gleaming with pride as they returned home.

"Dwarves in the Delve," Merry muttered as they got out of the limo.  "What is that?"

"That," Legolas sighed, "is a Trademark Tia Box House.  The only architectural style she knows is the long houses of the Vikings or northeastern Native Americans.  It's a long room, and she builds in smaller rooms as we need them."  He nodded at his grandson.  "Be grateful it comes heated, or she'd be putting bonfires in the middle where the hearths used to go."

"That's not fair," Tia complained.  "I was going for the Ancient Roman Villa in Britain look."

"Missed that one by a mile," Boromir said, grinning madly.

But they got settled in, and Merry had other fish to fry.

He had a date with Nikia Something-that-starts-with-a-W.  They'd gone to school together and graduated at the same time.  She was the sunshine of his life.

She thought he hung the moon.  And very quickly, it led to...

Nikia moved in, got friendly with the rest of the family, and failed to hear the screech that reverberated through the new house.

"How old?" Legolas asked.

"19 days from elder!"

"That's not a big deal," Boromir added.  "She's got lots of time for the nooboo."

"That isn't the problem." Lesley put in.  "She and Merry were supposed to be the same age so that she could paint his elder portrait.  Boromir and I are already in our nineties.  We won't last forever."

Sad and prophetic words.  But they were lost in the maniacal chuckling that came next.

"I've got it!"  Tia snapped.  "Where are they?  Lasse, drop some fruit on her, I know exactly how to handle this."

"Words that have doomed the Dynasty before,"  Aragorn said. 

"Another half-baked scheme that will have her crying by morning."  Boromir agreed. 

"Put down that fruit and step away from the laptop," Aragorn said in his best Official Police There is Nothing to See Here voice.  But nothing worked and destiny once again took a u-turn.

Boromir developed a strange habit that night.  Some force beyond him, (or Tia for that matter) compelled him to pull out every pumpkin he'd harvested that week and carve faces into them.

He was unstoppable.  Lesley just kept putting them outside on the lawn to make room for the new ones.  No one said anything, but it was just a little creepy.  Spooky Day would never come in this land of endless spring, and perhaps Boromir wanted to celebrate in the little time he had left.

But it was odd.

Nikia told her news to Lesley first.  Everyone hoped Lesley, at ninety-someting, would see the birth of her grandchild.

Merry wanted to make sure she attended the wedding, so they had it right there and then.

"Did you have to wear the wetsuit?" Legolas complained.  "It would only have taken a second to change."

"At our age, every second counts, Dad!" Boromir called cheerily from the rocking chair. 

Grim showed up just before the birth, to throw a scare into everyone.  It was one of Lesley's old friends from her paparazzi days. 

Grim may have known something the rest of the family didn't, and Lesley wasn't telling.  She gave him her autograph and they chatted away like old friends.

Nikia went into labour and brought home another surprise.

"Oh, Yay!  More twins!" Legolas said sarcastically, holding baby Gandalf.

"Knock it off, Mr Family Oriented, you're thrilled, I can tell," Aragorn said, with Elrond in his arms.

"It would be easier if I didn't have the feeling it's all going to come back to bite us in the behind later on."  Legolas said, snuggling up Gandalf before putting him to bed.

"Lesley's gotten to see her grandchildren, and Borrie his great nephews."  Aragorn said, as he fed Elrond.

Grim did appear that night, but surprised everyone.

It was the younger Boromir he was after.

"Don't get too upset, Merry,"  Boromir said, after saying goodbye to his father and brother.  His nephew was devastated.  "Tell the boys I loved them, and I'll see all of you again when this is done.  Don't worry."

Oh, Boromir Sean Fellowship, I shall miss you.  We never could have made it this far without you.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Of Merry, Marriages and Monkey Wrenches
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 05:23:47 PM »
Awww!  Poor Boromir!  Great update.  lol, I snorted when I saw him getting married in the wetsuit XD

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 10:16:45 PM »
Whoops! Late starting this, but happy I found this now. Like everyone else, I love the theme :) And your babies are adorable! RIP Boromir...

Also - eternal summer has drawbacks too - they get suntanned, then sunburned, then overheat and have a chance of bursting into flames! You would've had to have built some kind of a shelter anyway, so glad it all worked out!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 02:55:11 PM »
Awww!  Poor Boromir!  Great update.  lol, I snorted when I saw him getting married in the wetsuit XD

I'm gonna miss Borrie.  Merry runs around in the wetsuit all the time, I love it!  I don't usually change anything in the clothes department, unless it's for the story, I'm trying to keep the file size down, but the flippers crack me up all the time!

Whoops! Late starting this, but happy I found this now. Like everyone else, I love the theme :) And your babies are adorable! RIP Boromir...

Also - eternal summer has drawbacks too - they get suntanned, then sunburned, then overheat and have a chance of bursting into flames! You would've had to have built some kind of a shelter anyway, so glad it all worked out!

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it!

I decided against summer for those very reasons, but didn't realize just how cold spring could be.  But it's all good now, (I hope).  And speaking of babies...

Chapter Eight - Fellowship Family Life

Boromir was gone, leaving only happy memories and the faint smell of pumpkin in the air.  The rest of the family, busy with the babies, soldiered on, consoling those without stone hearts.

Grammie Lesley and Granddad Aragorn muscled out everyone to bring the babies to the cakes, where they proved that Merry's good looks would continue another generation.

Gandalf was bald, not surprisingly, since his grandfather had also been.

Elrond had hair, to everyone's vast relief.  It meant they could tell them apart.

This generation got to explore a whole new child care option, the playpen.

Tia was delighted that the twins could play peek-a-boo, while Lesley, Nikia and Aragorn were grateful that their needs went up while playing in it.  But they also got a lot of outside time, playing on the spring riders.

All too soon, it was birthday time.  Lesley and Aragorn took the twins to the cakes.

Lesley was holding up well, over a hundred and still going strong.  The twins aged up well...

Although Gandalf was still bald.  Tia marched him off to the mirror to get some hair. 

Elrond had the awful muscle shirt, so that was changed. 

Auntie Galadriel had sent special friends for the twins.  Gandalf started sitting in front of things, the dishwasher, the shower, anywhere he was sure of causing someone to yell that they couldn't get past him, and singing to Snuggles.

Aragorn missed his brother terribly, and in an attempt to cheer him up, the family decided to get rid of the Just-In-Time monstrosity that kept breaking down and no one ever remembered to use, and use the room for a practice area for him.  Aragorn found that practicing without Boromir hurt, but also brought back good memories. 

The twins were curious about Granddad Aragorn's secret room, since the door was firmly bolted against them, and Legolas explained that certain skills were for certain people.  He also explained why Gandalf couldn't have his constant wish to be a Vocal Legend.  The twins began to understand part of the strange family they were part of.

But it was Saturday, and it was a warm, sunny day, and they still had two days to be children.  They made the most of it.

Lesley was a big part of the boys lives, helping with homework, and fixing their favorite snacks.  At one hundred and eighteen, she was a lively old lady, full of fun.  But after a few days at home, having water balloon fights with Nikia and reading bedtime stories, the inevitable happened.

She got the Stir Crazy moodlet.

Tia begged her to stay home.  But she had been asked to present a cheque at the local school, in aid of a charity she had worked long and hard for.  Nothing was going to stop her.  She said goodbye to everyone and headed off, a spring in her step and a light in her eye.

Grim was waiting.

He had the courtesy to wait until after she'd made her speech, and then they shook hands.  Lesley had never been afraid of new things, and this would be a new adventure.  Legolas quietly collected her headstone.

While this was going on, Nikia and the twins had their birthdays. 

Gandalf

Elrond

Everyone dealt with their grief in different ways.  Merry painted, Aragorn broke boards, but Legolas had a different strategy.

Very different.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Fellowship Family Life
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 03:35:03 PM »
Awww!  Another faithful helper passes on.  I do like Legolas's way of dealing with it though.  Gotta love the bikes XD

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 08:41:41 PM »
I'm in love with this story! It's been bookmarked!
You've inspired me to keep going in my attempts as I now realized what I've been missing in all of mine - meaningfulness! I really need it to be meaningful, the names the reasons why there is a legacy/dynasty! Thank you for inspiring me, and I hope you do continue this story, as it is a wonderful read! I can't help but say I've laughed out loud (very literally) several times!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »

Whoah, the thing with the pumpkins was certainly weird. I've never seen a sim do that! Poor Aragorn; it's like he's having a mid-life crisis!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 02:03:35 AM »
Awww!  Another faithful helper passes on.  I do like Legolas's way of dealing with it though.  Gotta love the bikes XD

Trust me, he does!  I got Gimli a bike in another file, and Lasse promptly stole it and wouldn't give it back.

I'm in love with this story! It's been bookmarked!
You've inspired me to keep going in my attempts as I now realized what I've been missing in all of mine - meaningfulness! I really need it to be meaningful, the names the reasons why there is a legacy/dynasty! Thank you for inspiring me, and I hope you do continue this story, as it is a wonderful read! I can't help but say I've laughed out loud (very literally) several times!

*blushing*  Wow, thanks, I don't know that I deserve so much praise!  I do like to play with a theme of some sort.  It helps keep the long term picture fixed.  I have great respect for all the people on here who have done this, especially the ones who did it without all the new expansions.  Keep trying, find a story/theme that you like, and keep going.

Whoah, the thing with the pumpkins was certainly weird. I've never seen a sim do that! Poor Aragorn; it's like he's having a mid-life crisis!

The pumpkins blew me away, seriously.  Just one after another.  It was so weird!  Aragorn's going to be okay, but Legolas is starting his Mid Dynasty Crisis a little early, Gen 4 is only a teenager.  It comes up in the next update.  ;D
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 01:06:18 AM »
Chapter Nine - Legolas and the Mid Dynasty Crisis

"This place is awesome!" Merry exclaimed, in tones of breathless wonder.  "Why don't we have a house here?  I could spend weeks just painting the play of light across the sand, or trying to capture the way the green of the oasis flickers..."

"Meriadoc, when all this is done, we'll talk about vacation houses.  In the meantime, find Farouk and give him that painting!"  Tia scolded.  "Every time we leave home I break out in hives.  Just finish the opp, do the shopping and get back on the plane.  Please?"

Merry grumbled, but he knew there was more to Tia's worry than him picking up a traveling bug.  He'd had all his shots, all precautions had been taken, but it was still risky.  They were willing to take the chance if it meant he could complete his Opps.

The real problem was a current that ran underneath the smooth workings of the family.  This was more than grief at the loss of his mother.  It was more than the way his father sometimes tilted his head and laughed softly to himself, as if Uncle Boromir had just told him one of his famous jokes.  They were a weird mob, to be sure, but this was something different, something darker.  It was beginning to show itself in small ripples that could wreck the solid relationships that had been the foundation of his life.

There was something wrong with his grandfather.  And Legolas was the heart and solidity of the Dynasty.  Unflappable, focused, and with steely determination, he led them along the path he had set out.  But lately, he was strange, off, somehow.  If Legolas were to give up hope...

He straightened his shoulders and ran off to find Farouk.

He returned to find Legolas and Aragorn engrossed in the chess table.

"How was Eygpt?" Legolas asked absently, as he considered his next move.

"Amazing!  We have got to go there one day."  Merry told him, as he kissed Nikia and tugged Elrond's cap off.  The boy shrieked and pulled it back over his messy blond hair.

"And?" Aragorn asked, a world of import in the question.

"It's done!  I'm finished my Opps!"  Merry said with quiet pride.  Aragorn left the chessboard to join the group hug that surrounded Merry.  Nikia was so happy she instantly forgave Gandalf for being brought home by the police for breaking curfew.  The family looked across to their founder, who rocked back in his chair.

"Well done, Merry," was all he said.  He stood up and answered the incessant ringing of his phone.  Speaking quietly, he nodded and hung up.  "I have to go out."  He paused only to pat Merry on the shoulder and they heard the unearthly rumble of the Beast as he sped away into the night.

"Don't worry, Merry," Aragorn said, gripping his son's shoulder.  "I'll talk to him in the morning."

"Dad, I'm worried about you."  Aragorn said the next morning, as his father, looking the worse for wear, rolled in.  "What's going on?"

"Nothing that concerns you!" Legolas snapped at him and made his way to the fridge.

"Who was it this time?" Aragorn asked, concern and disdain mingled in his voice.  "Nellie?"

"Tamara?"

"That little fairy cutie from the consignment shop again?"

"People are starting to talk, Dad.  It's going to make it harder on Merry and the boys..."

"They talk about you passing out anywhere and everywhere in that sleeping bag, too!"  Legolas exploded.

"That's not the same and you know it, Dad."

"Aragorn, I've done my bit."  Legolas said, pulling out the juice.  "I've got a splitting headache, I'm tired, and if I want to meet new people and have some fun in my retirement, where's the harm?"

"But that's just it, Dad.  You never retired.  You haven't touched the garden in days, though.  You're not around to help the boys with homework, you don't want to do family things, it's like you're trying to distance yourself from us."  He paused and looked steadily into his father's icy blue eyes.  "What's really going on, Legolas?"

Something seemed to crumble in the other man.  He shook his head, unable to speak for a moment.  Then he blinked hard, and led Aragorn out to the greenhouse where they could be alone.

"It's Elrond," he said, a waver in his voice.
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Legolas and the Mid Dynasty Crisis
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 01:31:40 AM »
Ack!  Trying to kill us with suspense!  Poor Legolas... great update though ^^

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Legolas and the Mid Dynasty Crisis
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 11:57:02 AM »
Chapter Ten - What's a Nice Elf Like You Doing in a Place Like This?

"Elrond?"  Aragorn asked in surprise.  "What's Ronnie got to do with this?"

Legolas rubbed his temples.  "Please, Aragorn, don't call him that!  Not right now!  It's complicated.  I understand why we needed another helper, I don't like it, mind, I understand it.  But why would he send Elrond?" 

"Maybe because he's a great artist?"  Aragorn asked him, trying to fathom why it would bother Legolas so much.

"Faramir or Eomer would have done just as well.  But Elrond, well, he's an elf, you know, on the other side."

"I know that, Legolas, and so are you.  I would think that would make you closer..." he broke off as a horrible thought crossed his mind.

"He's going to die in this Dynasty!  And you'll have to watch it happen, not be able to stop it!"  he gasped, reaching out to hug his father, his friend.  "Why didn't you say anything to us?"

"What could I say?" Legolas mumbled into Aragorn's shoulder.  "At least with Boromir, it was the only way all nine of us could get here.  But Elrond?"

"Elrond has always been a friend to this Fellowship," Aragorn told him gently.  "Perhaps it was his choice."

"A little vacation from the Halls of Mandos, you mean?"  Legolas snorted.  "He's going to get old, Aragorn."

"So did you," his son told him.  "Talk to Elrond.  Don't pull yourself away to avoid getting hurt later on.  We need you."

"I just feel old and useless and frightened."  Legolas said.  "The town is full of old supernaturals and people with no homes.  Where are the boys going to find spouses?  What if we fail on Ops?  And there's nothing I can do."

"Don't give up on yourself, you're a vital part of things.  We'll talk to Tia about the spouse situation, but in the meantime, you had better talk to Elrond and Merry.  You really let Merry down when he got back from Egypt."  Aragorn pulled out his phone and texted the pair.  "Don't hold things in, Legolas.  We need you here.  And stop running around with all those ladies, you've got a Manipulator reputation!  What's all that about?"

Legolas looked down at the ground.  "I miss Kat," he said simply.  Aragorn looked at him for a moment and then nodded.

"Mom was a marriage of convenience, but what you had with Kat was special."

"And over.  She's not an elf, Aragorn."

"Let's just concentrate on getting Merry to Ambrosia in the next week, shall we?"  Aragorn said, as he heard Merry and Elrond come crashing through the door.

"Matching wetsuits?"  Aragorn said, raising an eyebrow.  "Legolas has a few things to say to you," he told them, turning away to give them privacy.

Legolas swallowed.  "I'm sorry for the way I've been, well, acting the past little while.  But I have to know something.  Elrond, how was it that you were sent here?"

Elrond started.  "Did you really think I'd let anyone else go with Gandalf?  One of my dearest friends in all the worlds?  There was no question of who it would be, I insisted."  He looked long and hard into his great-grandfather's face.  "Is that what's been worrying you?  I wondered."

Relief broke out over the old man's face like sunshine after a summer storm.  "I've been such an idiot!" he chuckled, shaking his head.  "As if even he could order you about."

"Thanks for you concern, old friend," Elrond told him, wrapping him in a hug.  "It will all be well."

"And you, Meriadoc!"  Legolas laughed, pulling the lad to him.  "I've been beastly to you as well!  Well done, lad, finishing all your requirements with nine days before you turn Elder.  Impressive!"

He hugged him fondly.

"I wanted to make up for the last time, with the whole horse business, you remember."  Merry told him, laughing.

"How shall we celebrate?"  Elrond asked.  "I've just learned a few new recipes."

"I've got something better in mind," Legolas said, with a return of the light that had been missing in his eyes the past weeks.  "Grab Gandalf, Aragorn, and let's teach these boys to drive!"

(I promise the funny will be back next update, this bit just had to be got over first.)

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - What's a Nice Elf Like You...
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »
Awww! Poor Legolas!  Very nice update Tia!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - What's a Nice Elf Like You...
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 02:04:12 AM »
Thanks, Shewolf!  It's not all nectar and skittles at the Fellowship homestead.  But things are about to get, well, interesting?

Chapter Ten - A What Now?

"Hey, Dad!"  Gandalf called, as the doorknob refused to turn in his hand.  "The music room is locked!  Can you do something about that?"

"Try the other one!" Merry called back.  "You've been skilling up too fast in there."

Grumbling, virtuoso Gandalf tried the door to the room that had been locked since before his birth.  It opened to show him an old book resting on a stand and a fully stocked cupboard. 

"Yes!" he cried, pumping his fist in the air.  He rushed over to the book and began scanning the secrets in its pages.

"IwannabeanAlchemist!IwannabeanAlchemist!Iwannabean..."

"Fine, fine," Tia told him, as the LTW not only popped up immediately, but four times as well. 

"That's him sorted for the next while," Nikia said, fixing the dishwasher.  "Any ideas about girlfriends?"

"I've got one," Elrond said, pulling out his phone.  Three hours later a giggle of teenage girls descended on the gates for a slumber party.

"What?" Elrond said, as his parents stared at him.  "I know them all from school anyway."

The slumber party was doomed from the beginning.  For some unknown reason, Elrond and Gandalf couldn't talk to any of the girls.  The best they could do was not snub them, but other than that, no interactions were available.

Then, to the delight of the gnomes, the girls all camped out in the garden, oblivious to the sprinklers that soaked them as they tried to sleep.

"That's the worst party I've ever seen," Aragorn muttered to the other adults as they stared out the window.  One after another, the girls declared how lame everything was and left.

But intrepid Elrond had another idea up his sleeve, er, wetsuit...

"You've got to be kidding me!"  Merry told his son.  "You do realize that in a few days everyone in this house except you and your brother will be an elder?"

"It's bound to work, Dad.  Listen, Mom and Great-grand already have Family Oriented.  We've got a ton of stuff in storage.  Gandalf is learning elixirs so quickly..."

"Your Great-grandad has been very specific about those, Ronnie.  Friendship, Potent Cure and Invigorating only.  He says anything else feels like cheating."

Elrond shook his head.  "Old fashioned ideals.  Anyway, with a couple invigorating elixirs, and four people in the house, it ought to be a cakewalk."

Merry shook his head.  "Never tempt fate.  Let's go talk to them."

Meanwhile, Gandalf had made progress of his own.

"Oi, Great-Grand!  Check this out!" he yelled, pitching the bottle.

"Hey, I feel great!  Thanks, son!"  Legolas said, as the invigorating elixir revived him.  "Think I'll head out to the garden!"

"Wait a minute, Granddad."  Merry said, as he and Elrond came in.  "The boy here has an idea."

Elrond sketched out his plans, and a broad smile broke across Legolas' face.  "I think you're on to something here.  At least we know we'd be able to interact with them."

And so, after a quick family meeting, Legolas went to the library and used their computer to register the new business.

Thus the Sunshine Senile Senior Sant came into being.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - A What Now?
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 06:12:02 PM »
A daycare!  Very cool ^^

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - A What Now?
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 06:42:55 PM »
Hmm, let me be honest I'm still stumped... a daycare? I guess I'm a little slow. Maybe it will come to me in a few minutes  ::)

Great update!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - The Immortal Hobbit
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 08:41:14 AM »
Thanks, I thought a daycare would help get the townie population back up again, and bring in some young people.

Chapter Eleven - The Immortal Hobbit

CRASH! Nikia jumped out of her rocker, startled by the tinkling of broken glass.

"WAHHH!" All the babies in the daycare started screaming.

"THANKS FOR LOOKING AFTER BOBBIE AND CARA!" The Prices yelled at Legolas, collecting their children.

"Nobody said anything about how loud this was going to be!" Nikia muttered, her nap ruined.

"Gandalf!  Hit Merry now, he's getting tired!"  Aragorn yelled over the bedlam.

CRASH!

"How long is this going to last?" Nikia asked her grandfather-in-law.

"He's only got to throw 50 bottles."  Legolas told her, handing over the last toddler to it's parent.

"How many is that?" she asked, nodding over to where Merry was feeling revived.

"Seventeen." Legolas told her.

Later that night, when everything had quieted down, and Nikia was tucked up with a good book, Gandalf stopped his conversation about Martial Arts with his grandfather.

"I feel strange, Granddad," he said.  "Like I've finished something, but I don't know what."

They heard the roar of the Beast, as Legolas came home.  He slapped his hands together to warm them, the night being chilly spring.  He beamed as he looked down at Gandalf.

"Well, my lad, that's your Alchemist career taken care of.  Level 10 and not even finished high school.  Impressive."

"How long have you been collecting potions against this day, Dad?" Aragorn asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Since we figured out there aren't any Alchemy Ops."  Legolas told him.  "Think about another career, Gandalf.  Once you graduate, you can join one until you get your Ops."

"Sly elf," Aragorn told his father, with a chuckle.  "Nice to have you back."

Graduation was a bust this generation.  For some reason, the school wouldn't let them go.  The boys changed into their robes, and then ran around the yard to celebrate instead.  Nikia beamed with pride at her boys.  Young adults now, they discussed their priorities and options.

"Fishing has some good points."  Gandalf said.  "But I think I'm going to join the music career."

"I'm going to be a chef," Elrond said, chalking up his cue.  "It would be great to have the fridge that keeps things fresh forever, just so you guys don't need to cook."

A few days later, after the screaming children had gone home, Gandalf had thrown all his bottles for the day and Aragorn had been shoved into the shower, (he had been trying to teach the children to spar and had worked up quite a sweat), Nikia served dinner.

"Where's Merry gone?" she asked Legolas, putting down the vegetarian grilled salmon.

"He went to pick up a cake."

"Wow, is it tonight then?"  Gandalf asked, counting up days on his fingers.

"Already?" Elrond added, grabbing a plate.

"Yep, and we're not waiting a second past midnight.  Helen looks like she's going to drop on the front lawn any second."

So as soon as it was legal, Merry blew out the candles and became an elder.

"We match again," he said, hugging Nikia.

"Later!" Legolas said.  "Painting, now, please!"

"Remember when we were so worried about not getting his Elder portrait done?"  Aragorn said, in an aside to his father.

"Don't get snippy" Tia said.

"Oh, you're back?"  Aragorn said.  "Where've you been?"

"Inventory.  Do you guys have any idea how much stuff everyone was carrying around?"  Tia said, watching the artists with pride.  She kept one eye on Helen the paparazzi who continued to complain at the front gate.

Paintings hung, requirements complete, Merry's name was added to the ambrosia room door, and the three immortals sat down to their meal.

Meriadoc Fellowship (Gen 3)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Artistic, Bookworm, Charismatic, Ambitious
LTW: Renaissance Sim (Painting, Charisma, Guitar)
Property: Adventure Landing
Building: Wells Book and Bath
SuperMax: Painting
Career: Master of the Brush
3 LTR: Extra Creative, Legendary Host, Transporter
6 Black Ops: A Public Speaking Event, Best Food in Town, Painting the City, Deliver a Painting to France, Interior Decor, Deliver a Painting to Egypt
6 Best Friends: Nikia Fellowship, Ralf Christiansen, William Parnell, Sonia Diehl, Grace Willis, Helen Meza
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 11:24:32 AM »
Wow, congratultaions for your third immortal!
You are really doing well, I think. ^^

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 12:42:43 PM »
Yay!  Merry's an Immortal now!  Way to go Tia!  I love the way you tell this story.  It's a lot of fun ^^

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 12:45:52 PM »
Congrats on the third immortal!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 11:26:38 PM »
Congratulations Tiamet on your third immortal! :D Woohoo! Five more! You can do it!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2013, 09:35:07 AM »
Wow, congratultaions for your third immortal!
You are really doing well, I think. ^^

Thanks so much, Maisie!

Yay!  Merry's an Immortal now!  Way to go Tia!  I love the way you tell this story.  It's a lot of fun ^^

Thanks, Shewolf, I have a lot of fun playing them, so I'm glad it comes out in the story.

Congrats on the third immortal!

Thanks, Trip!

Congratulations Tiamet on your third immortal! :D Woohoo! Five more! You can do it!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, LivvieLove!
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Another Hobbit!
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 10:06:20 AM »
Chapter Twelve - Another Hobbit!

After about a week and a half in the Music career, Gandalf was able to report that he'd finished his Ops.  There was much cheering in the Fellowship home.

"I'm so proud of you, son!" Nikia told him.

"I see you've given up the wetsuit," Legolas said to Merry.  "Any particular reason?"

"The daycare kids keep trying to ride around on the flippers."  Merry pointed out.

They celebrated with one of Elrond's famous pizzas.  For his YA birthday, Elrond had asked for the Monte Vista oven, and the family was addicted to the wonderful smell of fresh baking.

The Sunshine Senile Seniors Sant was flourishing.  Even Aragorn, when he wasn't trying to teach the toddlers to meditate, got into the spirit of it, and was often seen showing the babies the proper way to ride on the spring toys in the playground.

Gandalf quit the Music career and helped out with the daycare, his Family Oriented trait kicking in.

But time was slipping away, and all too soon, Nikia got a visit.

Grim's arrival set off all the babies, who immediately needed a diaper change.  Nikia was not unhappy, though.

"Goodbye, Merry, it's been a lot of fun!  Look after the boys!"  She only had one question for Grim.

"Will it be quiet?" she was heard to ask, as she followed him into the afterlife.

Gandalf and Elrond comforted each other as best they could.  Elrond was full of advice for his brother.

"If you like the girl, call her up and invite her over."  Elrond told him.

"But the age gap..."

"Isn't going to get any smaller.  Quit wasting time."

And thus, Shannon Jolly came to visit.

"She's gorgeous," Tia whispered to Gandalf.  "Go for it!"

And thus, (again), Shannon joined the household.

And, LO!, a resigned sigh was heard throughout the lot.  For the beautiful Shannon was but four days from her Elder birthday.

But Gandalf, being a canny and resourceful young man, was not daunted in the least, and the next morning Shannon came to him with the glorious news.

"'Kay, don't freak out, but we're gonna have a baby, dude!"  Shannon told him.

"Awesome!" Gandalf said, embracing her.

One quick marriage by the toybox was arranged.

Shannon was an athletic girl, who loved to work out. She also loved to flirt.  And in a house with Legolas the Player, that could have been problematic.  But Tia kept an eye on her, and Shannon found other ways to keep herself busy.

"Shannon?  Should you being doing that?"  Merry asked.  "You're the equivalent of nine and a half months pregnant!"

"It's fine, Merry,"  Aragorn assured him.  "A little exercise is good for her, and keeps her happy."

"She could at least keep her feet on the floor," Merry grumbled.

But Shannon finished her workout before going into labour.  Gandalf met her at the hospital and Aragorn had been right, since it was a quick and easy labour.

Peregrine had arrived.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Gandalf Goes the Distance
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 10:14:11 AM »
Chapter Thirteen - Gandalf Goes The Distance

Three days goes by very quickly in a house with a nooboo and a daycare.  Despite his work with Amber, the resident problem child, Aragorn was very protective of Pip. 

The little mischief maker was an adorable toddler, showing no signs of the havoc he was going to wreck on the Dynasty.

It was Aragorn who made the first save.  Little Pip blended in so well with the daycare children, learning all his skills, and playing happily, that everyone was shocked when Aragorn stormed in and picked him up out of the mele.

"Dad!" he yelled across the noisy house.  "Do you know what happens tonight?"

"It's Pip's birthday!"  Legolas called back as he coaxed Susie to keep walking.  "Merry picked up a cake."

"Yeah, and we would have lit the candles. Without having Pip's Toddler portrait done!  It ends now, Dad.  We can start the daycare up again later if we need to."

Legolas made the call while Merry painted away.  Once the picture was hung and the last children picked up, the family breathed a sigh of relief.  Pip had his birthday and aged up.

"What's wrong, kiddo?" Tia asked him

"I want some hobbit hair.  I look like a Ken doll."

One quick trip to the dresser later...

"Whoa!"  Gandalf said, pleased.  "You're your Uncle Elrond all over again."

With the demise of the daycare, Pip wanted to throw a Slumber Party and invite all his friends from school.  Remembering the last attempt, Aragorn shook his head, but Merry made the phone calls.  All the children he invited had aged to teens by the time they got there, except for Jerome.

While the teens played pool with Gandalf and Amber apologized to Merry for her behavior as a child, Jerome asked why Pip lived with so many old people.  Even his mother was an elder.

"I dunno.  We just live a long time." Pip told him.

Even with all the age disparity, everyone had a good time.  Amber gave Pip a big hug before she left.

"You've got a great family, Pip, you're really lucky."

Pip aged up into a good looking young man with a less than keen interest in school. 

But the rest of the family were waiting with baited breath.

"This is it, Gandalf," Elrond told his brother.  "This is what we've been working for.  I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks, Ronnie," Gandalf said.  "I'm glad you've been here with me the whole time."

And that night, it happened.  The sparkles, the portraits, and then Gandalf had his name added to the ambrosia room door.

Immortal.

Gandalf Fellowship (Gen 4)
Traits: Heavy Sleeper, Virtuoso, Ambitious, Family Oriented, Supernatural Fan
LTW: Alchemy Artisan
Property: Appaloosa Historical Society
Building: DT Grocery and Koffi Cafe
SuperMax: Alchemy
Career: Alchemy Artisan
3 LTR: Fireproof Homestead, Philosopher's Stone, Climatron Control Unit
6 Black Ops: Puzzle Panic, Some Hogan Rock, The Set Up, Stick Around For The Music, Attend Master Class, Filling the Application
6 Best Friends: Elrond Fellowship, Shannon Fellowship, Kane Causey, June Price, Natalie Weston, Ralph Price
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Gandalf Goes the Distance
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »
Pip is ADORABLE!  And congrats on your 4th immortal!  Half way there!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - The Trouble With Tooks
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
Pip is ADORABLE!  And congrats on your 4th immortal!  Half way there!

Thanks, SheWolf.  This is where it starts to get hairy. (In more ways than one)  :D

Chapter Fourteen - The Trouble with Tooks

"It's no wonder I've got a complex."  Pip complained to his assorted grandfathers.

"A what?" Merry asked, looking up from his book.

"One of them syndrome thingies.  I'm surprised I'm not insane."

"What are you going on about now?" Gandalf asked him.

"He's complaining about how ill treated he is."  Legolas supplied.  "He never had to sleep in a field and live off whatever we could scrounge."

"Fighting an old lady who was really a secret weapon," Aragorn added.  "We didn't have any fancy potions, either.  It was all hard work and sweat back then, my lad."

Pip rolled his eyes.  "I'm saying that my story needs to be told.  It's not easy being the fifth, you know."  Merry nodded sympathetically.

It had all started back at the slumber party.  Pip had been exhausted, and to help him get his homework done, Gandalf had slipped him a Potent Invigorating Elixir.  With everyone else awake at all hours, no one noticed that the child was getting less and less sleep.  Once he reached the teen years, he was eager to get started on his Nectar making skills.

"Elrond!  Get out of there!"  Tia yelled.  The boy looked up.  "Oops, sorry, Pip.  What is it with you guys and wetsuits?"

The mood swings kicked in and the generally pleasant boy began wanting to fight with everyone and skip school.

"I'm not going, I'm horrid at it anyway," he told Tia bluntly.

"Fine, get in the vat.  But don't try to blame this on me."

For the next few days he alternated between going to school after spending the night squishing grapes and just skipping school altogether.  Aragorn noticed that he hadn't been at a meal in three days and started asking questions.

"He's in the basement, living off of dried travel rations," Tia finally admitted.

Legolas cornered him and scolded him.  Then he dropped his bombshell.  "We may have some serious trouble with the Nectar making skill.  The Vizard of Vine challenge is buggy."

"Y'know, some days this all gets way too meta, Great-Great.  What does it mean for the Dynasty?"

"You have to plant and harvest the grapes."

"But the super fast skilling means that I could theoretically max Gardening.  That's your skill."  Pip said, wiping grape skins from his wetsuit.

Legolas ran a hand over his braids and regarded Pip thoughtfully.  "There's a way around that.  But you won't like it."

That night Gandalf became one of the Immortals.  The very next night, the beautiful Shannon shrugged off her mortal coil and left with Grim.

Poor grieving Pip, hopelessly addicted to Invigorating Elixirs, now found himself trying to plant and harvest while he was hungry, tired and dirty.  His mood got lower and lower.

"Elrond!"  Tia yelled.  "Pip needs to do...oh.  Sorry, Pip.  The green plumbob threw me off."

"I managed to eat something while you weren't looking,"  Pip muttered.  "Uncle Elrond is abusing this gardening station in the worst way.  I have to harvest these things every other second."

Legolas pulled him in and tried to tutor the now D student back into the green.

Not surprisingly, Pip was in the middle of harvesting again, when the school dance rolled around.

"You're wearing that?"  Tia asked.

"I've been trapped in this gardening station for the past day.  I don't remember the last time I showered.  You're lucky I'm not wearing the wetsuit," he barked, rolling his eyes.  "I'm grateful for the travel rations Uncle Boromir left me, or I'd be hungry enough to try and eat the sunshine Uncle Elrond keeps feeding these things.  I hate grapes!"

But the buggy Appaloosa school struck again, and instead of going to the dance, Pip was left on the front lawn, watching the limo speed away.  He celebrated with a hot shower, a hot meal and a quick frolic through the sprinklers.

"Gandalf, get the Flask of Bees ready," Legolas said, watching the boy enjoy himself.

"That's going a little far, Dad," Aragorn pointed out.

"We start this again, and you get to come first.  Alright," he relented, as Aragorn glared at him, "you can zap him with that useless Moodlet Manager."

Pip made one more attempt to get his grades up before graduation.  Merry was there to lend him some love and support.

"It all started to go wrong when I stopped being a baby."

But his grades would never be good.  Only once in his whole school career did he get an A.  It was too little, too late.

"Look on the bright side, you did graduate." Gandalf told him.

"In a bright green cloud." Pip muttered. 

"We didn't think the ceremony would work," Elrond told him.  He shrugged.  "The school is strange that way."

Pip was the first generation not to have a Valedictorian.  His friends, not knowing what he was most likely to be, went with the fact that he could kick a soccer ball, and guessed sports star.

After some dodgy math, and collecting 450 grapes on his own, Pip was startled when the dreaded Vizard of Vine challenge suddenly completed itself. 

"I don't get it, Great-Great," he told Legolas, as he inhaled his favorite dinner in celebration.  "I crushed 380 of the grapes you'd harvested, 60 of the ones I did, then 380 of the ones that I planted, but Uncle Elrond harvested, and then when I had 450 of the ones I harvested in my pocket, the challenge fired on the next batch.  I can't make sense of it."

Legolas shrugged.  "It's finished, that's what matters.  You're almost at level 7 of gardening, so I don't ever want to catch you in the greenhouse again, got it?"

Pip nodded enthusiastically.  "Good.  We're going to the Festival tonight to celebrate.  Win yourself a teddy bear or something."

But Pip had other plans.  At the Festival, the usual happened.

Aragorn passed out in the washroom.  Gandalf shook his head.

"We live next door, Dad," he complained to Merry.  "Couldn't he have made it back to the house?"

Legolas proved he still had a soft spot for the fairy lasses.

But Pippin hopped the fence and made a quick phone call from the yard.  She agreed and came right over.  She always knew what he needed.

"Amber, honey," Tia said gently, "I don't usually do this, but if you two are going to get married, you are hitting the dresser first.  You're mixing Siouxsie and the Banshees with Mary Tyler Moore, and it's not working."

"Much better."

So Aragorn's problem child and his great-grandson tied the knot and Amber joined her favorite family.  Four days later they came home from the hospital.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2013, 12:23:07 PM »
LOL!  Poor Pip... feel so sorry for him.  Hm... that Vizard of Vine challenge really is a mystery XD  I'm afraid of it now... but I'm glad Pip got through it alright.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2013, 09:38:28 AM »
LOL!  Poor Pip... feel so sorry for him.  Hm... that Vizard of Vine challenge really is a mystery XD  I'm afraid of it now... but I'm glad Pip got through it alright.

I can't figure out how it works either, but I'm so glad it did!  I was worried for a while.  ;)

Chapter Fifteen - Growing Up Gimli

"I want a divorce!" Amber screeched from the kitchen.  Dishes crashed and there were sounds of sobbing.

"Of course you do!" Pip yelled back.  "You've been having a midlife crisis for ten whole minutes!  Me, I'm the one who has it rough..."

"Well, there they go again," Aragorn said resignedly to his father.

"Yep," agreed Legolas, rocking baby Gimli.  "Just think, when she's finished, it'll be his turn.  We'll have to find a place that sells dishes wholesale..."

While his parents argued about whose life was worse, Gimli, content with his great-grandfathers, aged up to a child.  Like every other child in the Dynasty, he received his imaginary friend from his Auntie Galadriel.

He spent the next twenty minutes trying to twist its head off.

Gimli was a demanding toddler, stubbornly refusing to get off the spring riders or to wear anything but his sleepers.  He claimed bottles were for babies and would only eat in the high chair.

"What are we feeding him anyway?" Merry asked his son.  Gandalf raised an eyebrow at him.

"It's brown, and he likes it.  I wouldn't ask too many questions."

"Where's Amber?  She should know, she's the cook."

"At the spa again," Gandalf sighed.  "It keeps her happy and keeps her from flirting with Great-Grand."

"That would explain why he and Erond are out of the greenhouse, then.  Whenever she's around they both have this sudden urge to weed things."

Pip came in and cleaned up Gimli before he left for work.

"You look tired, son," Gandalf said.

"Probably because I haven't had a night's sleep since I was nine!"  Pip snapped.  "Whatever happened to that, 'Oh, no, we shan't abuse the potions' strategy of Great-Great's?"

"You're not getting any ops, Pip.  He's worried.  Here, give me the baby, and you get to your job."  Merry said soothingly, taking the sleepy toddler.

"Music this week?"  Gandalf asked.

"Yes, and I'm supposed to be an Acrobat.  I can feel it in my bones.  Or at least a Firefighter."

"Everything in the town blacked out when you joined that career, my boy.  Four seconds of firefighting is all you're ever going to get."  Gandalf patted his son on the shoulder.  "Off you go.  Once you get your ops, you can be anything you want.  I promise."

Late that night, Legolas and Aragorn were woken from their naps by strange sounds coming from Gandalf's alchemy room.  Concerned, they banged on the door.

"Gandalf!"  Aragorn cried.  "What's going on?  Are you barking?"

Gandalf unlocked the door to let them in.  They were surprised by his new shaggy companion.

"This is Bellaboosh," he told them enthusiastically.  "I've just adopted her."

"You adopted a dog called Scaramouche?" Aragorn asked.

"Bellaboosh."  Gandalf corrected him.

"Bless you." Legolas said, bending down to read the tag on the dog's collar.  "It's B-something," he said, as he straightened up.

"Bill it is, then!" Aragorn said happily.

"She's a girl."  Gandalf pointed out.

"Bill."

Gimli, oblivious to the madness that seemed to be overtaking his family, aged up.  He stared at Legolas in dismay.

"Right, then.  What happened to my beard?" he asked him.

"You're eight.  It'll come in time."

"Eight?" Gimli exploded.  "It should be long enough to braid by now!"

"When you hit young adult, we'll get you something.  But you won't like the selection."  Legolas told him.  "Now drink this elixir and get your homework out."

"Gandalf!"  Aragorn called a few days later.  "Bill's not doing his job.  We've got rats!"

"She is doing just fine, Granddad."  Gandalf said.  "I adopted a puppy."

"Great, what do you call this one?  Fandango?"

"That's Kimo."

"Well, she seems to be an ambitious little thing."

"That turkey is bigger than she is."

Elrond spent the last week of his life happily in the garden or spending time with his family.  When he hit one hundred, he decided it was time.  Grim came and Elrond said good bye to everyone before shaking the Reaper's hand.

Legolas refused to come out of the greenhouse to say goodbye.  Elrond understood.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Growing Up Gimli
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2013, 12:38:28 PM »
Awww, goodbye Elrond!  You will be missed!  I giggled a little at Pip and Amber's fight.  Mid-life Crisises are a pain, particularly when it comes to Dynasties and the fact that no one can be moved out XD

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Pip and Ambrosia
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2013, 12:03:30 AM »
Awww, goodbye Elrond!  You will be missed!  I giggled a little at Pip and Amber's fight.  Mid-life Crisises are a pain, particularly when it comes to Dynasties and the fact that no one can be moved out XD

Pip and Amber threw up no less than eight wishes for divorce between them!  And their relationship status was good!  *shakes head*  'Course, she did want to flirt with everyone from Legolas to the paper boy to the dogs...

Chapter Sixteen - Pip and Ambrosia

Gimli climbed off his rocking horse and beckoned to Aragorn.  "Great-Great?"

Aragorn was still a little shocked to find himself addressed by Pip's name for Legolas, but time was marching on. 

"What's on your mind, Gimli?" he asked gently.

"Why did Uncle Elrond have to go back to Mandos?"

"Well, the Halls of Mandos are only for very special people.  Uncle Elrond was one of those people."  He picked the child up and settled him on his lap in the rocking chair.  "He had a very special job to do..."

"You only need one more op, Pip," Legolas said, after catching his great-great-grandson in the sprinklers.  "I'm very tempted to let you pull a couple weeds to see if another gardening one fires."

"Nope, I'm switching over to Private Eye."  Pip said.  "I've done enough gardening in this lifetime."

Legolas laughed.  "You can never get enough of green growing things, Peregrine."

Gimli shot up into a handsome teenager.

"Still no facial hair, I see," he grumbled. 

"It's coming."  Amber said, putting more leftovers in the fridge.

Gimli continued Gandalf's proud tradition of being brought home by the police after curfew.  He was grounded, of course, but almost instantly forgiven.  Gandalf shrugged at Pip.  "He was out.  Things happen."

"I remember being chained to a vat at his age.  He's got school in the morning!" Pip protested.  "And I hate being a private investigator.  None of my cases are getting solved!"

"Switch back to music."  Merry said calmly.  "And you hated school, Pip."

Grumbling, Pip went back to work at the theater.  Everyone else was getting calls for opportunities every day.  So when the call came for him to sort sheet music at the bookstore, he was out the door like a shot!

"So that's Dad done," Gimli crowed.  "We're actually going to do this!"

"Cautious optimism, Gimli.  This is Pip, he still has to stay alive long enough to become an elder and eat the ambrosia."

Pip came dancing through the house, all his requirements finished save the elder portrait.

"Free! Free!" he sang, grabbing Amber around the waist.  "I'm gonna be the best acrobat the world has ever seen!  I'm going to juggle fire and knives..."

"You see what I mean?" Legolas grinned.

Gimli fell in love with a classmate, Meaghan.  He was on the phone with her constantly.  He didn't care that she had Agnes hair, that she was Evil and a Slob. 

They even talked about marriage.

"Let's hope she doesn't get the aging bug that's going around." Merry said, watching his great-grandson.  "It would break his heart to lose her."

"I'm pretty sure I've got a potion for that," Gandalf added, rocking contentedly.

"You're getting awfully free and easy with those potions, old man," Pip put in, doing cartwheels across the living room.

Since birthdays were now being celebrated with cakes, Gimli aged up to a gorgeous young man in the middle of the night.

"Can I please have my beard back?" he asked, as soon as the candles were out.

He found a hairstyle he could live with, but true to Legolas' prediction, none of the beards available impressed him.

"Maybe I can find something by the end of the week," Tia said.

"This will do, then," he told her, tossing his braids.  "Where's that dynamite?"

"Grandad, you don't look happy," Merry said, settling on the sofa.  "What's going on?"

"Where do I start?" Legolas sighed.

"Aragorn has been breaking space rocks for twenty two hours and fourteen minutes.  I can smell him from here."

"It keeps him busy," Merry pointed out.  "What else?"

"Gandalf keeps banging away on the drum kit at all hours.  Amber is showing signs of having Incipient Boromir Pumpkin Syndrome."

"It's only been two jack-o-lanterns, Grandad," Merry soothed.

"Pip," Legolas snorted, "is spending all his time in bad clown makeup pretending to be locked in a box.  I think we messed up with him somewhere.  Maybe he's right and all that invigorating elixir did something to his brain..."

There was a tremendous roar and the house shook.  Legolas waited until the debris stopped falling on the roof.

"And of course..." he went on,

"Gimli is blowing up sports cars in the driveway."

To everyone's surprise, the school called and informed them about graduation.  Somehow the entire family piled into one of the un-detonated sports cars and zoomed off to see Gimli become Valedictorian and Most Likely to be Electrocuted.  Since it wouldn't have been a Fellowship Family Outing without someone pulling out the sleeping bag, Legolas obliged so Aragorn could spend more time at the punch table.

Two days later, the house held it's breath as Pip blew out his candles.

"Finally!" he yelled. 

"I don't know why you have to be so dramatic about everything," Merry told his grandson, setting up the easel.  "You don't even have that trait."

"Yikes!" Tia said, as Pip posed for Merry.  "You look too much like your grandad."

"Here," Gandalf said, handing something to Pip.  "It's Elrond's hat.  He wanted you to have it."

"Okay, ambrosia, here I come," Pip said, heading for the locked room.

"WAIT!" Tia hollered.  "Your portrait disappeared!  Get back over there."

Merry quickly started another.

"Hurry, Merry," Tia urged, flipping through Pip's relationships.  "Kimberly's not getting any younger!"

The portrait in place, Pip rushed into the ambrosia room.  The entire family breathed an enormous sigh of relief.

Pip had made it to immortality.

Peregrine Fellowship (Gen 5)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Daredevil, Good, Athletic, Natural Born Performer
LTW: Bottomless Nectar Cellar
Property: Appaloosa Plains Public Pool
Building: Heuber Associates & Kim Gould Steakhouse
Supermax: Nectar Making
Career: Master Nectar Craftsman
3 LTR: Engaging, That Was Deliberate, Change of Taste
6 Black Ops: Don't Cry, Great Plums, Logic 101, A Stimulating Experiment, Save the Herding, Sheet Music Mayhem
6 Best Friends: Amber Fellowship, Sterling Wilde, Kimberley Mena, Quinten Reeder, Dane Reeder, Irfan Guinn
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Pip and Ambrosia
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2013, 12:19:45 AM »
Congrats on Immortal number #5!  Go Pip!  And I love Gimli!  It is sad that the facial hair in Sims is so disappointing.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - "Stands on the Edge of a Knife"
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2013, 12:28:29 AM »
Congrats on Immortal number #5!  Go Pip!  And I love Gimli!  It is sad that the facial hair in Sims is so disappointing.

Thanks!  Pip is a lot of fun and a lot of worry all rolled into one.  I'm glad to see Gimli, the last three generations had clones.

Merry, Elrond, Pip

Chapter Seventeen - "Stands on the Edge of a Knife"

Now they were five, and a night of celebration seemed in order.  All the elders in the family popped out for drinks at Flying V's.  A good time was being had by all when a sudden commotion started up, startling the family and causing a return of Tia's hives.

Grim had a double pickup that night, and one of them was wearing Merry's hair.  Since Merry had started dressing like Tony Curtis on reaching elderhood, it took everyone a minute to realize the ghost was really the woman they had just met.

Gimli, now that the fun and games of his teen years was behind him, had settled down to cranking out the inventions his supermax required.

Pip had cheerfully given him Uncle Boromir's travel rations, Gandalf had given him lots of Invigorating Elixirs and what Aragorn sardonically called "Joy Juice." 

"Can't I even talk to Meaghan?" he asked.  "I really want to marry her, you know."

"That depends on your mom," Legolas told him, lingering in the doorway.  "You finish the Flying Fighters and you can have some fun."

He wasn't quite finished when Pip told the family to come up to Performance Park to watch his first official gig as an Acrobat.  He'd been performing for tips, but this was the big time for him.

Aragorn brought the sleeping bag, of course.  He wasn't even tired, it was just habit.  The show was exciting and the reviewers were kind.

"A great show! Look at that, right in the paper, Dad!" Pip enthused.  Gandalf hugged him proudly.

"You set your hair on fire, Pip!" Legolas exclaimed.  "I'll be out looking for more death flower seeds, if anyone needs me."

Amber was thrilled with her husband's success, and they had a private celebration at the Spring Festival.

"I love the music they play here," she said, spinning happily.  "I think it gets stuck in my head, and I can even hear it when I'm at home."

"You can," Pip told her, grinning.  "The bathroom is right opposite the speakers.  That's why the dogs sleep in Gandalf's room."

The next afternoon, something in the yard caught her attention.

"Gimil!  Why are there hundreds of dishwashers in the yard?"

"It's only sixty, Mom," he told her, looking up from his conversation with Pip.  "It's for my supermax."

"Are you going to upgrade them all?" she asked, appalled.

"Not exactly," he told her, with a wry smile.  "Want to watch?" he asked his father.  Daredevil Pip did not need to be asked twice.

Gimli was used to hearing his mother cry over dead plants, due to her Green Thumb.  He now realized that her Frugal trait was making her cry at the destruction of perfectly good appliances.

And the the next night, Amber did something that shocked everyone.

She was only ninety. 

"This is horrible!" Tia said, in a strangled voice.  "Aragorn, get the moodlet manager!"  She tried very hard to keep the glee from her voice.

There was a quick consultation with the head of the family.

"If we use the same pattern that we saw with Nikia, she should be just the right age."  Tia whispered furiously.  "And he's got his heart set on it."

"If it doesn't work, we have to wait who knows how long."  Legolas protested.

"Yes, but it doesn't matter how old he gets, he can still father a child."

"You don't have another one of your 'feelings' about this, do you?" he asked, curling his lip.  "Like the one about Merry being an Equestrian."

"Nope, this is based on observation."

Legolas rubbed his temples.  "I never had migraines until this.  Go ahead.  But I'm holding you responsible."

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2013, 01:12:09 AM »
*giggling helplessly*  Oh Tia... I don't know why, but the line where you're trying not to let the glee in your voice cracked me up XD  I know the later in a dynasty you go, the better it is to have older spouses, right?

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2013, 01:31:15 AM »
*giggling helplessly*  Oh Tia... I don't know why, but the line where you're trying not to let the glee in your voice cracked me up XD  I know the later in a dynasty you go, the better it is to have older spouses, right?

*grins* I feel so bad, she started floating and I was like "YES!"

I like older spouses, since you don't have to wait around forever for the next generation.

I've been worried about timing in this generation in particular since seven has to be female and she therefore has only a certain window to have gen eight.  I guess it has more wiggle room when the heirs are all male, since they have the option of fathering a child when they're elders, and can afford to wait until there is room in the house.  I've been worrying about having another Kat situation, where she was supposed to marry Aragorn, but aged up to elder as soon as she moved in...and Lasse took to her like a duck takes to water. 
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Dynasty Princess
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2013, 07:06:03 AM »
Chapter Eighteen - Dynasty Princess

"Ho yeah!" Tia yelled triumphantly, as Agnes, er, Meaghan dropped her meager belongings in the house.  "Ten days till elder!" 

Legolas smiled and headed to the greenhouse.  Moments later the sounds of Breaking Benjamin flooded the lot, drowning out the constant tunes from the Spring Festival.

"Is he okay?" Meaghan asked, twirling a strand of her pale hair.

"It's how he celebrates," Gimli told her.  "I hooked him up a decent stereo in there."

Meaghan took the opportunity to fix her hair.

"Oh, yeah, much better."

While Meagan got settled, Gimli finished the mystery invention he'd been working on.  With tears in his eyes, he beheld his daughter.

She was given the traditional Dwarven name of Valerie.

Gimli was overjoyed.  Even as Valerie left with the good wishes of the Fellowship, he wanted only one more thing to make his day perfect.

Whether it was moving in with so many men, or her wardrobe change, or maybe the idea of being stepmom to a simbot, Meaghan turned him down. 

But she was not adverse to a night on the town and a little private celebration.

"I don't understand why all the girls you lads bring home have to be flirty."  Legolas said, as he'd ducked another compliment from the overly friendly Meaghan.

"It seems to go with the athleticism.  But she's family oriented, just like the rest of us."

"And evil and a slob."

"Give her a few days in the house," Gimli said, "Tia seems to knock it out of them sooner or later."

"It never really goes away though," Legolas shuddered.

The next night, Gimli asked her again.

She accepted happily and the told him about the baby.

So they had a private wedding in the yard.

Meaghan was not as lucky as Shannon, for doing her workouts brought on labour.  She drove herself to the hospital in Amber's motive mobile.

Gimli joined her and they became the proud parents of Samanthawise.

"She came with a note." Gimli told Tia, handing it over.

"What on earth can he have to complain about," she muttered, reading quickly.  Then she stopped and stared at the baby in Meaghan's arms.  "Oh.  It seems he 'forgot' to mention a few things to Sam here."

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2013, 10:21:42 AM »
Awwwww!  A nooboo!  So close Tia.  Can't believe 7th gen is here!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2013, 11:06:05 AM »
Awwwww!  A nooboo!  So close Tia.  Can't believe 7th gen is here!

I know! This is my first ever pink burrito!   ;D

Chapter Nineteen - Sam's Lament

Samanthawise Fellowship was perfect.

She was also puzzled.  There was something intrinsically wrong with her position.  It wasn't that she was hungry, tired, messy or bored.  In fact, the adults in her life fell over themselves to make sure she was happy.

It wasn't that she was an only child, for her father had 3 simbot kids, Valerie, Savannah,

and her half brother, Julio.

"Who's the widdle princess, then?" Legolas cooed, as he blew raspberries on her tummy.  "Who's the sweet little girl?"

Girl?

Aragorn sighed, as the baby stared at him with incredulous eyes.  How was he going to explain this to her?

She waved her tiny fists at him indignantly.  He looked down in surprise as she repeated the motion.  His years in the police force had included at course in ALS and he watched in astonishment as the babe in his arms signed again.

Strider?  What happened to me?

"I think Gandalf can explain it best," he told her, calling his grandson over.

"Well, you see, Sammi," he began, to be interrupted by the flying fingers.

Sam!

"Oh, you precious thing," Gandalf chuckled, tickling her.

Sam giggled furiously as she waved her little hands.  Stop that!  This is serious!  Then she giggled again.

"You're right, kiddo.  Come on, I'll explain it on a walk."

"You explained the Dynasty rules to a newborn?" Gimli asked, taking his daughter back that night.

"Yes, and she seems to have a firm grip on the situation."  Gandalf told him.  "You just worry about your ops."

I'm still not happy about this, Sam signaled tiredly. 

"It doesn't matter, anyway," Gimli said grimly.  "I'm not letting any boys near her.  Ever!"

"Oi!  Mr Overprotective!"  Legolas called.  "Time for a chat in the greenhouse!"

What happened in the greenhouse stayed in the greenhouse, but it was a humbled and grumpy Gimli who donned his singer costume and went out to trill for tips.

Pip, on the other hand, was reveling in his quest to become the world's oldest acrobat.

Whether it was the way his joints creaked when he contorted or the thrill of wondering if his arthritis cream would catch fire during the fire baton routine, he continued to pack in the crowds.

Sam, like the rest of the Fellowship, aged up to an adorable toddler.

Gimli scooped her up and tossed her in the air.  But Sam had other things on her mind.

So Gandalf sat her down and taught her to speak.

Not surprisingly, given her hobbit nature, her first words were about food.  Specifically, when dinner would be.  Sam was motivated, and picked up the skill quickly.

"Somebody is going to pay for this," she told Gandalf.  "I notice Tia is conveniently absent right now..."

She clung to Legolas, her best friend in the household, for support during these trying, undignified times.  His constant reassurance that all of this was for the best was a comfort to the tiny girl.

He taught her to walk.

"So, one does simply walk, Great-Great?" she asked.

"Just not into Mordor, my love," he replied.

But they ran into complications with the potty.

All the while, Gimli waited for the ops...

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Sam's Lament
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2013, 11:35:43 AM »
*eyes widen in a cuteness overload*  Awww!  That is too cute!  Not only is she too adorable for words, but I love the fact that she's having an issue with being a girl XD  So cute!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Sam's Lament
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 09:00:55 PM »
This story is SO hilarious! Oh my gosh I cannot stop laughing! My boyfriend is looking at me like I'm a nutcase! Poor Sam! He's going to be scarred!
What will this do to his(--er--her?) gender identity?!

I swear, Pip was always my favorite and now you've just added the icing on the cake... if he really was reincarnated to do this job I could TOTALLY see him pulling off the acrobat stunts! I love this story! You're almost there! Please don't stop now, otherwise I won't know what to do with myself!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Seventh Gen Stretch
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2013, 09:51:57 AM »
*eyes widen in a cuteness overload*  Awww!  That is too cute!  Not only is she too adorable for words, but I love the fact that she's having an issue with being a girl XD  So cute!

I'm having a lot of fun with Sam, I must say!

This story is SO hilarious! Oh my gosh I cannot stop laughing! My boyfriend is looking at me like I'm a nutcase! Poor Sam! He's going to be scarred!
What will this do to his(--er--her?) gender identity?!

I swear, Pip was always my favorite and now you've just added the icing on the cake... if he really was reincarnated to do this job I could TOTALLY see him pulling off the acrobat stunts! I love this story! You're almost there! Please don't stop now, otherwise I won't know what to do with myself!

Thanks, LivvieLove, Pip had definite ideas about how to spend his immortality!  I'm so glad you're enjoying the story, I'm really having a blast with it.

I have to say, though, I didn't have Sam set in stone as the girl until about Gandalf's birth.  The more I thought about it, the more sense it made.  Since then he's always been in the back of my mind as saying "But why do I have to be the one to wear the dress?"

Chapter Twenty - Seventh Gen Stretch

Gimli had given up singing for tips, and had moved on to being a career criminal.  His knowledge of explosives came in handy when faced with stubborn safes and gave him time to spend with his family.

Sam was growing up.  Her toddler days were filled with love and play time.  Aragorn took her out to the spring rider every chance he got.

Merry told her stories constantly.

"And that's how Great-Great Strider got his butt kicked by an old lady with a cane."

"Tell it again, Great-Great Merry.  I like the part where he fell down and broke the table."  Sam begged.

"With all the books you read, this is the only story you can tell her?" Aragorn protested.

She had tons of pretty toys to practice her family...skills...

"Sam, sweetie?" Tia asked cautiously,  "is that doll supposed to be me?"

"Mgragle, orffa bween girl!"  Sam mumbled.  She spat out the doll.  "S'him.  Gonna have words with him."

Tia backed off to see how the rest of the Fellowship were doing.

"Pip!" she hollered.

"Busy! Performing!" he shouted back.

"That's unnatural," she shuddered, as Pip began to hop around the stage.

Gandalf and Merry were teaching Aragorn how to hustle pool.  Meahgan was at the spa.  Legolas was fooling about with the bees.

"You look very calm for someone being attacked by bees." Tia said.

"I'm getting used to it," he shrugged.

But even the most idyllic of toddlerhoods must end.

"Are you ready, Sam?"

"Not bad," Tia mused.  "Off to the dresser with you."

"Hobbit hair?" Sam asked, looking at her leggings and t-shirt with glee.

"Not exactly."

"Honestly, Great-Great, I think she's enjoying this just a little too much," Sam grumbled. 

Over the next few days, Sam worked hard at school and Gimli delivered a strange package.  Then, out of the blue, he got a call to deliver some veggies.

He celebrated the completion of his ops with the traditional sprinkler frolic.  Tia joined him, until she notice a flash of red.

"Social Worker?" she shrieked, flying to Sam.  "Inside, now!" Tia ordered, flipping open the catalogue.

"I didn't know we were on the rainbow slider," Merry said, as he lit the fire.

"We're not," Aragorn told him.  "She's freezing!"

Warmed up, Sam was tucked into bed.  Legolas read her a story.

"And that's what happened to the children who stayed out in the freezing cold without bundling up."

"That was awesome, Great-Great.  Now will you tell me the one about Great-Great Strider again?"

Gimli had a week to go until he aged up to elder.  He quit his job as a criminal, which made Aragorn, the former Police Chief, much happier and hung around with Meaghan.  Gandalf asked him what his plans were.

"I was thinking about looking for dragons," he told him.

"But Tia is having problems with the store."

"Is that what all the swearing was about?"

Sam discovered that Jimmy Sprocket put her grandfathers to sleep.

And then she was a teen.

"I'm keeping the pants." she said, stubbornly.

"Okay, but let's tweak this look a bit," Tia said, pushing her to the dresser.

Sam sighed.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Seventh Gen Stretch
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2013, 12:00:19 PM »
Sam is a gorgeous teen!  Poor kid, almost froze to death XD

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - In The Dwarven Halls, Ambrosia!
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »
Sam is a gorgeous teen!  Poor kid, almost froze to death XD

I swear, all sims are mad!  Give them a house, they want to stay out in their jammies, Give them a fridge stocked with their favorite foods, they want to try to cook.  And Gimli...well, you'll see.

Chapter Twenty One - In the Dwarven Halls, Ambrosia!

Gimli had four days to go.  He took the opportunity to spend time with Legolas and Sam, both of them preparing the girl for the tasks before her.

"And I have to do it all dressed like Pat Benatar?" she asked them.

Pip was sympathetic.

"The Dynasty is a harsh mistress," he told her.  "Nectar Making night and day..."

"Speaking of which," his father told him, "you've still got some huge Nectar making wishes queued up.  Why aren't you in the vat?"

"I'm an acrobat now, Dad!  Plus I was just about to help Sam with his, er, her homework."

Tuesday night and Prom rolled around.

"Are you going?" Legolas asked.

"I don't know.  If I change, I guess I am."

"Yep, there it is."

Sam, despite being Prom Queen, did not find romance.  She did, however, get into no less than three fights, have punch spilled all over her, worry about aliens, and get turned down for a dance.

"I couldn't help it," she explained to Pip, when questioned about the fights, "she made this face at me!"

"There's more to life than Prom, Sam," he told her. 

"Oh, I know.  There's revenge."

The next day, after Sam was safely got on the bus, the Fellowship plus Meaghan began to whine as one.

"I'm booooored.  I haven't been out of the house in days."

A spa day was quickly arranged.  Out they all went, to come home chipper and refreshed.

Well, most of them.

"NO! Meaghan!"  Gimli was heartbroken.

So was Tia.  "She was only 91!" she cackled in grief.

Gimli spent the next day re-connecting with his other children.

Julio was sympathetic and tried to console him.

"I know she wasn't the cookie baking type, Julio."

"S'aright, Dad, she were like a mum to me.  A mum who run, screaming "Ahh, a simbot!" but a mum nonetheless.  Me an' the girls is sorry fer yer loss."

"You're a kind lad to say it," Gimli replied, hugging his only son.

Trying to cheer him up, Merry bought him a karaoke machine.  It made Gimli and Sam feel better as they belted out Meaghan's favorites.

The rest of the house stuffed cotton in their ears.

Then Sam left her dull old (out of tune) father, to go and shake hands with whom she hoped would be her next partner.

"How did Arlo get to Appaloosa Plains?" Gandalf asked, elbowing his was through the crowd at the window for a better look.

"Don't be ridiculous, it can't be him."  Legolas said, pushing Gandalf's head down to see for himself.

"Not with those cheekbones." Pip put in, standing on a chair behind him.

"He's wearing capris!" Aragorn snorted, as Merry wiggled under his arm.

"Dad, there are those pictures of you and Uncle Borrie in China.  I wouldn't be saying anything."

Legolas looked around.  "Where's Gimli?"

"Just getting my axe, I mean, that wrench I misplaced the other day," he called cheerfully.

Pip craned over the others and slipped off his chair.  His lightning fast reflexes, tuned by years of acrobatics, turned the fall into a front flip, his feet catching Legolas in the back of the head.  Gandalf lost his footing, fell into Aragorn and Merry and the whole lot of them crashed through the screen, landing in a pile at Pip's feet.

"Ta-da!" he crowed.

Sam's new friend backed away in horror, as much from the tangle of lunatics in front of him as from the cheerful Gimli, thoughtfully smacking his wrench in his hand, who exited the house.

"Come in for a cuppa, lad." he growled.

Arlo's hair and the dashing cheekbones were down the street like a shot.

Sam stamped her foot at them.  "Really?"  She looked at them again, her belligerent father, the flopping grandfathers, and began to laugh.

They all played in the sprinklers till midnight.

Cake slices ignored, one elder portrait done and hung, and Gimli ate his first ambrosia.

Another Fellowship Immortal.

Gimli Fellowship (Gen Six)
Traits: Eccentric, Brave, Lucky, Handy, Charismatic
LTW: Monster Maker
Property: Rustler's Den
Building: Appaloosa Plains Public Library
SuperMax: Inventing
Career: Fourth Dimensional Architect
3 LTR: Efficient Inventor, Artisan Crafter, Festival Frequenter
6 BlackOps: Broadway Cameo, Master Invention, Showtime in the Park, Charismatic Cash, A Package For You, Ingredients Ripe for the Eating.
6 Best Friends: Kate Velasco, Rian Adair, Rene Curran, Ashley Hanna, Julio Fellowship, Cemre Lora
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder.
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - In the Dwarven Halls, Ambrosia!
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »
"How did Arlo get to Appaloosa Plains?" Gandalf asked, elbowing his was through the crowd at the window for a better look.
Not gonna lie, that was my first thought, too. It's also the shirt.

------------

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2013, 01:41:28 PM »
OMG!!! I was dying!  That whole scene of them crowded around the door and them crashing through... pure brilliance! I'm still giggling at it XD

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2013, 09:56:50 PM »
Not gonna lie, that was my first thought, too. It's also the shirt.

*grins*  We now have Arlo Impersonators.  How cool is that?

OMG!!! I was dying!  That whole scene of them crowded around the door and them crashing through... pure brilliance! I'm still giggling at it XD

Thanks, I thought it was something they would do!  ;D

Chapter Twenty Two - A Girl's Gotta Do What A Girl's Gotta Do.

Samanthawise was a brilliant, talented and outgoing teenage girl.  But underneath it all, she was a hard-headed little hobbit with definite opinions and a couple of grudges.  She was bitterly disappointed that she couldn't garden, although cooking was an acceptable substitute.  As for the other indignity, well, when she got a hold of him...

But Sam also had to deal with hormones the rest of the Fellowship couldn't even fathom.  She couldn't seem to get Not-Arlo out of her head.

She was delighted when she came home from school to find him chatting about his hopes for love and family with Merry.

"Oh, Great-Great Merry," she trilled, as the smell of baking wafted through the open window.  "I've made your favorite, nice fresh Country Bread."

Clever, clever Samanthawise, knowing the way to open a hobbit's mouth is to wave food in front of it.

Not-Arlo hopped into his ride and disappeared.  Merry came in and sat down with his granddaughter, salivating at the mounds of fresh butter and jam on his bread.

"Not so fast," Sam told him.  "You were chatting all afternoon.  What's the skinny?"

"His name's Zakary." Merry shrugged, reaching for the platter.  "Turns out he's never even heard of the Bunch family, funny, inn'it."

"Don't forget that he's one of those guys who claims he's waiting for true love," Pip said, pulling up a chair and reaching for the treats.

"He's our new paparazzi.  Don't know why we need a new one, Helen Meza is still calling for dates."  Gandalf said, drawn in by the aroma. 

Merry choked a bit.  "She's one of my best friends, son.  Try to show a little respect, the woman has got to be 900 years old by now."

"And still human," Gandalf pointed out.

"Back to Zakary," Sam said firmly.  "Being one of the pap, he'll be hanging around the front gate anyway.  I want you guys to make friends with him.  Keep him around until I get home from school."

So they did, hiding all of Gimli's heavy tools first.

Sam chatted him up constantly.

"He's so dreamy," she told her grandfathers, once Zakary had bolted once again at the sight of Gimli sharpening his screwdriver.

"He looks a little shifty eyed to me," he rumbled, as Sam took the rest of his tools away.  "He's too old for you."

"Everyone is too old for me!" Sam protested.  "Except Riley, and he's not right in the head."

But that was soon to be rectified.

Happy Birthday, Sam!

"Okay, Tia," she sighed, heading to the dresser.  "What kind of frou-frou are you putting me in now."

"Nothing, actually.  You look great!"

Sam spent the first day of her young adulthood running about town, buying property and getting a job at the diner.  Legolas gave her Amber's old motive mobile.

Zakary came by and enjoyed a game of billiards with Gandalf. 

But as soon as Sam got home, he bolted.  There was no time to chase him, as graduation was working again.

Sam was Valedictorian and Most Likely to Have a Large Family.

"Not bloody likely" Gimli snorted.  Pip decided to get into the Fellowship Sleeping Bag act.

But her romance with Zakary was proving more problematic.  Sam, having built up a relationship with her sisters over the years, called Savannah for help.  Valerie was a loner, but Savannah was more outgoing.

"But that's just it, Sav, I can't get married.  That's how it goes."

"You can get engaged, Sam, there's no rule against that."

"Isn't that a little underhanded?" Sam asked.  "Oh, hey Greg," she waved at the postman.  "I mean since it'll never happen?"

"Never say never, Sam."  Savannah told her.  "How's Dad dealing with all this?"

Sam laughed.  "Badly.  But Great-Great just keeps giving him the evil eye."

So after a lot of romantic interactions under the treehouse at Cinnamon Crest, Sam proposed and Zakary accepted.  She tried to ignore the fact that her teeth were starting to chatter from the cold and Zakary had to pee.  Three times she tried to lure him up to the little love nest, and three times it wouldn't work.  They couldn't get up the ladder.  So home they went.

He gave her flowers, and then took off for parts unknown.

Sam was getting frustrated.  She had been chasing him down for four days.  The next morning she rounded up the grandfathers and sent them off to the spa.  Gimli grumbled about being chased from his rocker for a paparazzi.

"He's a line cook now. Just go, I keep getting these urges to just marry Zak and I don't know how long I can hold out."

So off they went, and Sam made the phone call.  It took six tries, but the chimes were finally heard.

After throwing up on Valerie at work, Sam came home to tell the family.

Gimli pushed back the urge to find his tools and tried to give Sam a massage for her aching back.

"Dad!" she shrieked.  "My legs aren't supposed to do this!"

Zakary was overjoyed.

As were the grandfathers

And her sisters and brother.

Appropriately enough, on Love Day Sam went into labour.  Zak met her at the hospital, and a few hours later, Frodo made his appearance.

Gen Eight was here.
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - A Girl's Gotta Do What A Girl's Gotta Do
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2013, 12:24:53 AM »
I really love your story! It's great to read! I'm always amazed by the careers and skills that everyone uses in their dynasties - I'd never be brave enough to try Nectar-making or self-employment careers. They seem so difficult.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2013, 11:35:01 AM »
I really love your story! It's great to read! I'm always amazed by the careers and skills that everyone uses in their dynasties - I'd never be brave enough to try Nectar-making or self-employment careers. They seem so difficult.

Thanks!  I'm glad you're enjoying it, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I was afraid of the careers and skills too, but I found that if I did some preparation in the generations before it made it much easier.  For instance, when Aragorn went to France back in Gen Two, he didn't just pick up the Nectar Makers, but some high quality nectar as well.  That was what Pip sold to reach level ten, it had been aging forever down in the basement.

When I knew Gandalf was going to do Alchemy, I started Legolas growing the ingredients he would need for the potions I would use the most of.  Plus he bought out the expensive potions at the store, so that it was the same, one day career boost for Gandalf.

The best thing about the dynasty is that it makes you try new things and you will learn so much about the game from doing it.  Yours is coming along quite nicely!
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2013, 12:11:46 PM »
Tia, I just got caught up with this -- it's great! I love it that Sam had a gender identity crisis. And you're on Generation 8 already. Fingers crossed for Frodo.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Ooh, Nooboo, Nooboo, It's a Wild World!
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2013, 05:57:06 AM »
Tia, I just got caught up with this -- it's great! I love it that Sam had a gender identity crisis. And you're on Generation 8 already. Fingers crossed for Frodo.

Thanks so much, Marian!  It means a lot, coming from you! (Plus, I always play Frodo on some variation of this, if you recognize him)

Chapter Twenty Three - Ooh, Nooboo, Nooboo, It's a Wild World!

"Right, everyone, gather round," Legolas called, holding Frodo.

The family crowded up, hoping to get a chance to hold the infant.  Legolas and Aragorn were hogging him between them, only relenting when Sam yelled at them to hand the baby hobbit over.

"We're too close to start losing focus," Legolas told them sternly.  "Until he becomes a child, certain habits of certain people are not going to be tolerated."  Pip squirmed under his great-great-grandfather's steely blue gaze.

"You know what I mean, Pip," Legolas told him.  "No more gigs for a bit.  You're almost at the top of your career anyway, a short absence will only have the crowds clamoring for you to come back."  The tall man turned his head to Merry's son.

"Gandalf, you will stop starting impromptu jam sessions in the middle of the night, in the middle of the house, or in the middle of anything.  Do I make myself clear?  Sam needs her sleep to do well at work, and you waking everyone up isn't helping her.  She's so busy with the job and the baby, we need to make her life easier."

Aragorn interrupted him.  "And while we're on the subject, the fridge is stocked with leftovers of perfectly good meals.   There are four replicators filled with everything from lobster to fruit parfait.  Is it really necessary for you to pull out the ingredients for awful old mac and cheese?  And then rant that you can't find a counter?  There's a reason the kitchen is locked!"

"Gimli works very hard to keep this place tidy." Legolas continued smoothly.  "You are all old enough to put your own dishes in the dishwasher.  And Merry," he added, beaming broadly at him, "you are doing fantastically well with getting to know everyone in town!  Just keep doing what you're doing."

Three hectic days later, it was time for the cake.

Frodo was a toddler like no other.  He seemed to have a strange introspection, and some very odd mannerisms.

He couldn't decided on a name for his imaginary friend.  It was either Smeagol or Gollum, and was treated accordingly.  Smeagol was hugged and sung to while Gollum was bashed against the toybox.

As soon as he could form words, he was telling Aragorn horrid tales of a flaming mountain in an evil land.

But he did like to play with his toy sheep.

Sam refused to see anything wrong in her son's strangeness.  When Merry tried to talk to her about it, she turned on him ferociously. 

"There's nowt wrong wi' him!" she growled, her accent slipping.  "Poor lad's always been a bit different since all that, well, you know!"

"I'm just saying that we'll need to keep a close eye on him, Sam, that's all.  The world can be cruel.  He'll have troubles keeping friends."

"Not in this house he won't."

She was right, of course.  At home he was always accepted, always loved and cherished.  He learned all his skills quickly, sat quietly for his portrait and read his books.  He loved books.

Taking a rare break from work and her family, Sam went out with Savannah.  Time with her sisters always helped her keep her balance in the awkward place she found herself.

"You're a great cook!" Savannah told her.

"But I haven't had one cooking op yet, Sav.  It's why the skill was reserved for me, to get those ops."

"It'll all work out, don't worry." Savannah said, giving her a big hug.

"That's a great face, Sam, does Frodo need changing?" Tia asked.

"Not since Dad put the floor hygienators around the potty.  No, I'm thinking about Zak.  It's just not the way it used to be, y'know.  And I feel bad about him being tied up in a relationship that can't give him what he wants."

"He loves Frodo," Tia pointed out.

"That's not the point, I can't marry him.  I'm going to break it off with him tonight, I'm meeting him at Adventure Landing."

Sam was bopping along to Lynard Skynard on her iPod when she felt the chill of something strange behind her.

She turned around, ready to use the Dwarven Defense moves her father had taught her as a child, when she realized who it was.

"Zak!" she fairly shrieked.  "What happened to you?"

The old man shook his head sadly.  "I left the house a young man, I turned up here like this.  And I've also become a witch somehow."

"That's awful!" Sam said.

"I have bad news, Sam," he continued.  "I just don't think it's fair to force you to keep to an engagement when the circumstances have changed so much."

"Oh, Zak," she breathed.  "I was coming to tell you that I don't think it's right for me to keep you hanging around forever for a marriage that will probably never take place."

They looked sadly at each other for a moment, and then embraced.  "I still want you for my best friend, though," Sam told him.  "I need you in my life, and so does Frodo.  We're having a small party for his birthday, and I want you to be there."

So Zak was.

And was delighted with his hobbit son.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2013, 07:13:22 AM »
Poor Frodo, he can't get away from Mt. Doom. And I love it that his IF is sometimes Smeagol and sometimes Gollum.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2013, 04:41:03 PM »
That was brilliant!  Poor Frodo... he never was right after Mt. Doom.  And I agree with Marian, the fact that his IF is Gollum and Smeagol is just genius!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Stand In The Light
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2013, 11:51:56 AM »
Poor Frodo, he can't get away from Mt. Doom. And I love it that his IF is sometimes Smeagol and sometimes Gollum.

That was brilliant!  Poor Frodo... he never was right after Mt. Doom.  And I agree with Marian, the fact that his IF is Gollum and Smeagol is just genius!

Thank you both!  As I said to Marian in another thread, Post Ringbearer Syndrome isn't something one gets over easily.  (I have to give credit for the idea to one of my favorite fanfictions)

Smeagol/Gollum just came when I was watching him sing to the IF and then try and beat it to death.  It cracks me up every time!

And a big thanks to all the silent readers who have pushed this over the 2100 views.  I hope you all enjoy this story as much as I enjoy writing it.

Chapter Twenty Four - Stand in the Light

There was always a lot of affection shown in the Fellowship house, and it seemed that the closer they got to their goal, the more frequent the hugs became.

Frodo was doted on and the attention he received might have spoiled a different child.

But Frodo seemed to walk between two worlds.  The everyday, mundane world where he did his homework and wore his tux to school.

(with the dashing plastic flip flops to give the outfit that certain elan)

And the world of his imagination, where he ruled vast kingdoms and completed great quests.

Sam was dealing with her own stresses.  One day she simply turned invisible.

"What's this about, then?" Legolas asked her, watching the plumbob bounce across the house.

"I'm gong to blow it, Great-Great!" she told him, tears in her voice.  "I can't get any cooking ops."

"It'll be fine," he soothed her.  "Go have a nice hot shower, you'll be more yourself."

Pip had gone back to performing, and was rolling himself about in great flaming hoops.

"Why, Pip, why?" Tia groaned.

"Gonna be the best, that's all," Pip said confidently.  "The crowd loves this bit."

"They love the butt fires!"

Frodo developed a taste for falafel, simply because it looked like lembas.

Sam filled the fridge with autumn salad and fruit parfait until the family was sick of the sight of it.

"Replicate something else then," she snapped at Merry.  "How do you think I feel?  I'm partial to tri-tip steak myself, but nooo, it takes too much time or something..."

Merry hugged the distraught woman.  "You're almost done, Sam.  And then it's baked alaska and steak every night."

He was right, and the next day Sam finished the last salad to supermax cooking.

Gimli taught his grandson the traditional Dwarven Dance Moves.

Leaving Aragorn to watch Frodo one night while Sam was at work, the rest piled into the motive mobile and headed out for a night on the town.

"Wait," Tia said, "what are you doing behind the bar?"

"We sort of bought the place," Gimli confessed.

"Our very own tavern!" Gandalf enthused.

"It's no Green Dragon," Pip admitted.

"But we like it." Merry finished for him, concentrating on the game.

"And you brought Jedidiah with you?" Tia exclaimed.  "The poor man is seven hundred years old or something."

"Lad needed a night out," Merry, who made friends with anyone who showed up at the gate, shrugged.  "Do him good to have some fun and a pint."

Frodo had been given his room for his childhood birthday.  Here he penned his stories, writing out all the dark fantasies that filled his mind.  He spent so much time in there that his birthday snuck up on him.

It was a nice suit, but he missed his hobbit hair.  So off to the dresser he went.

He decided instead of a large party, he wanted a small family reunion.  So he made the phone calls.

"Dad?  Are you busy?"

Zak was never too busy for his son.  In fact, the boy was the greatest joy in his life.  He offered every support he could, from late night phone calls about Frodo's problems to giving him solid critique on the books the boy was publishing at an alarming rate.

Gimli's children also came.  Frodo loved his aunties and uncle.  He never blinked at the way they spoke or moved, they were just part of the clan.

Gimli was immensely proud of all his children, but what he loved most was the relationship they had built up together.  He also loved the way they all pretended to laugh at his terrible jokes.

Sam and Valerie spent some time trading stories and boosting each other's confidence.  Val had always been a loner, large groups, even with the family made her a little uneasy.

Frodo and Zak discussed Frodo's latest book.

"You have such talent, son," Zak told him.  "But your stories are getting too dark.  There's such a light in you as well, Frodo.  Stand in that light.  Nothing can touch you there."

Maybe Zak had some premonition of what was to come, for he suddenly hugged his strange son fiercely.

"Always remember that I love you.  You are the best of your mother and me."

Two days later, Zak passed on quietly in his sleep.

Devastated, Frodo locked himself in his room and pounded away at the keyboard.  Reading over the bleakness on the screen before him, he sat back and recalled his father's words.  He remembered the bike his father had given him, how he'd made him learn to ride it.  He thought of how patient his dad has always been, even listening to the nonsense he'd spouted at him.  His dad had just hugged him and ruffled his hair, and kept on listening.  Zak had poured all his love into his one child. 

Frodo straightened his shoulders.  He would stand in the light.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
Awwwww!  Poor Frodo!  That's so sad!  But I'm glad he's taking his dad's words to heart.  So close now Tia!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
I love the hobbit-hair. Too bad you can't do anything about their feet -- I was thinking brown socks, but those probably wouldn't look like anything but brown socks.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2013, 01:55:20 PM »
Awwwww!  Poor Frodo!  That's so sad!  But I'm glad he's taking his dad's words to heart.  So close now Tia!

I wanted him to have something that kinda helped him...and I always liked Zak.  Him and his Arlo hair.

I love the hobbit-hair. Too bad you can't do anything about their feet -- I was thinking brown socks, but those probably wouldn't look like anything but brown socks.

Brown socks look like brown socks, yes.  *sigh*  It's the heights that bother me the most.  I wish there was a way to make them shorter.  ::)

Update coming soon.  The end is nigh!
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2013, 05:35:48 PM »

Wow, Tia, you have just sped through this whole challenge! I can't believe you're almost done. The fellowship has been making me giggle the whole way through! I feel bad for Sam and her gender identity crisis, but overall I think Pip's gotten the worst luck of anyone. Maybe he's just fun to pick on!  ;D

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Stuff Happens
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2013, 06:28:59 PM »
Wow, Tia, you have just sped through this whole challenge! I can't believe you're almost done. The fellowship has been making me giggle the whole way through! I feel bad for Sam and her gender identity crisis, but overall I think Pip's gotten the worst luck of anyone. Maybe he's just fun to pick on!  ;D

Thanks, Rhoxi!  I love to make people laugh.  My poor Pip, he really does the craziest things in game.  I have to keep an extra eye on him.  He and Sam have been best friends since she hit her teens, but they get into arguments at the drop of a hat, and the next second are hugging.  It's never dull.

Chapter Twenty Five -  Stuff Happens

"Sam!  Did you put broccoli in the pancakes again?" Pip asked, crossing his eyes. 

"You want more fruit parfait, Grandad?" she called back.  "Eat your veggies and be grateful!"

The yelling woke up Aragorn.  "What was I going to do?" he asked vaguely.

"Break your zillionth board today." Frodo told him.

Yes, the weirdness continued at the Fellowship place.  Some kind of horse monster began spontaneously spawning at the front gate.

"You should try racing with all of these," Ladonna told Gandalf.  "Sure to have a winner in there somewhere."

"Yes, but they get tangled up with more than four legs," Gandalf replied.

"Gonna need a bigger shovel," Jedidiah thought.

Merry continued to share the family stories.

"And that's how Sam nearly froze herself and got taken away by Social Services."

Sam and Frodo grew closer.

Sam went on some bad dates.

Sam has discovered that Lester is Inappropriate.

"Ya think?" Sam said.  "For goodness sake, Lester, this is the junkyard!  Who takes a date to the junkyard?  Well, beside Dad, I mean..."

Pip, in a final blaze of glory and a spectacular butt fire, reached the pinnacle of his career.

The family celebrated with a night at the coffee shop.  But as soon as they got home, Pip decided to retire.  Legolas sighed.

Jedidiah went above and beyond in his dedication to document every single thing the Fellowship did.

Pip decided to take up beekeeping.

"You might want to try the beekeeper's kit," Legolas called from the hot tub.  "They're a little tempermental."

"I got this, Great-Great." Pip told him.

"Man, why can't you make faces like this, Lasse?" Tia giggled, snapping away.

"Elven dignity," Legolas sighed, sinking deeper into the bubbles.

The boys were teaching Frodo the finer points of hustling when Sam burst through the door, full of good news.

"Got the promotion!" she yelled.  "5 Star Chef!"

So now the waiting game began again, and the focus shifted to Frodo.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Stuff Happens
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2013, 06:31:36 PM »
Oooo!  So close Tia!  So close!

*giggles*  I love Pip... it's so funny to watch him.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Sam, the Seventh Immortal
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2013, 07:11:28 AM »
Oooo!  So close Tia!  So close!

*giggles*  I love Pip... it's so funny to watch him.

While I'll admit right out that Lasse is my favorite, Pip is such a character!  They've all got such interesting personalities.

Chapter Twenty Six - Sam, The Seventh Immortal

"Hey, Dad?" Gandalf asked Merry, coming in from the cold.  "Who's the new guy over by the lamp post?"

"Not a clue."  Merry responded, his mouth full of cheesy bread.  "Just showed up, he doesn't talk, he doesn't move, it's very strange.  Did you get the cake?"

Gandalf had, and Frodo had his birthday.

It was his first one without his father and he took to his room afterwards.  He'd been inspired by his father to try new writing styles and dedicated his two-volume poetry collection to him.  Iambic Meditations on Mallorn Trees and A Piece of Broken Morning in Galadriel's Mirror.  They had become instant best sellers.

"It's almost time," Pip told Sam, as they played in the sprinklers.  The once huge garden was gone now, a lone gardening station tucked away in the back for emergencies, the trees neglected as Legolas tried new hobbies.  Aragorn heard Boromir's voice, as he often did.

"Tell her we're all proud of her," his brother whispered.   So Aragorn did.

The last Fellowship Graduation rolled around and the family gathered at the school one last time.  Frodo was Valedictorian and voted Most Likely to Offend Others.  The school board sighed in relief as the exploits of the family had worn their way into legend.  Boromir's prize winning art still decorated the halls, next to Merry's hilarious abstract of the principal.  Aragorn's martial arts trophies, Gandalf's chemistry prizes and Sam's home ec awards hung proudly in the trophy cases.  Bottles of Pip's infamous nectar still sat, untouched, in the teacher's lounge, after his unsuccessful attempt to bribe his way to a passing grade.  Even Gimli's scorch marks decorated various hallways. 

And one last sleeping bag.

In a house with seven retired folks and one insane writer, there's a whole lot of "Sweet Home Alabama".  Aragorn tended to get too carried away.

"Girl, I'm comin' home to you!"

"Careful there, Great-Great Strider!" Frodo cautioned.  "You give yourself a stroke, and Great-Great is going to kill you!"

Sam caught up on her reading.  Frodo was about three books ahead of her, and she did her best to keep up with what he was producing.

Gandalf continued to start jam sessions at two in the morning.

Upsetting the rest of them.

"It's foolproof, I tell you," Pip told Aragorn.

"You give the amp to Gimli to detonate, and I'll stuff Gandalf in a sack.  Once we're able to move again, that is."

"Sam?  Are you ready?"  Tia asked. 

"Not yet," she replied.  "Show them the pictures of the house."

Okay.

Sam's kitchen, everyone else's kitchen, the ambrosia room.

Frodo's room, the bathroom, Aragorn's room.

Music room, Gandalf's room, Gimli's room, the gym.

Pip's dungeon, I mean basement.

The clock wound down, and Sam had her birthday.

"Tia!" she yelled.  "Lose the hat!"

"Not a chance," Tia giggled as Merry did the portrait.  "That is adorable!"

"Well, at least I won't freeze again." Sam mumbled.  Then she sat down for her ambrosia.

The seventh Immortal.

Samanthawise Fellowship (Gen seven)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Virtuoso, Family Oriented, Bookworm, Natural Cook
LTW: Celebrated 5 Star Chef
Property: Equestrian Regional Training Centre
Building: JRA Equestrian Centre
Supermax: Cooking
Career: 5 Star Chef
3 LTR: Born to Cook, Fast Metabolism, Vacationer
6 BlackOps: Raise the Fun(d), Getting to Know...You, Spaaah Marathon, Authorized Biography, Practice Makes Better, Urban Noise
6 Best Friends: Savannah Fellowship, Valerie Fellowship, Susannah Culver, Melanie Barton, Brooke Cornish, Tomas Roy
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2013, 08:34:25 AM »
Way to go, Sam! I love it that the Fellowship has left its mark on the school.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2013, 11:11:39 AM »
Yay!  Way to go Sam!  Way to go Tia!  Congrats ^^  Just one more to go!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - It Is A Truth Universally Acknowledged...
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2013, 09:34:08 AM »
Way to go, Sam! I love it that the Fellowship has left its mark on the school.

Yay!  Way to go Sam!  Way to go Tia!  Congrats ^^  Just one more to go!

Thanks, Marian, Shewolf!  Sam is quite proud of herself.

Chapter Twenty Seven - It Is A Truth Universally Acknowledged...

That a bored Dwarf, in possession of a Masterful Miner, must be in want of a hole.

It looked like so much fun, Legolas got in on the act.

"WHAT ARE WE DIGGING FOR?" Legolas hollered.

"THE JOY OF IT!" Gimli yelled back.

And a caveman suit.

And to watch Aragorn fall in on his way to the footie pitch.

Frodo was having a very productive time.

He liked to shake up his readers, so after his poetry sensations, he started work on the Dark Sports Quartet.

The Last Scout in Mordor
Use the Suit to Recruit for Sauron
Legend of the Sports Agent Morgoth
The Orcs of Summer

Then, in a nod to his Dwarven heritage, he wrote a set of non-fiction books.

Gem Quest in the Misty Mountain
Bifour's Guide to Bikes
Dwarf Bread - Food or Weapon
The Trouble with Smaug

He quickly followed these up with the best selling Rohan Romances:

Lover's Alley in Edoras
Endangered Passion in the Rohan
Lover's Descent in Helm's Deep
Lover's Rising in the Mark

But it was an op from his friend Bernice Dalton that started the science fiction series he would become best known for:

Rohan Trek
RT 2: The Wrath of Wormtongue
RT 3: The Search for Saruman
RT 4: The Voyage to Meduseld
RT 5: The Fangorn Frontier
RT 6: The Undiscovered Caves

Legolas and Gimli met up in the hot tub after another day's hard digging.

"Aragorn's getting pretty ticked at us wrecking the lawn and him falling into holes."  Gimi said.  "Pip is all for it, though, he's diving in headfirst."

"Must be time to change plans, then," Legolas replied.  "How about fishing, if the weather's good?"

Tia stopped fretting at Frodo long enough to notice that Gimli and Legolas were having a nice time, and that their mood bars were completely full, thanks to Gimli hot-wiring Sam's motive mobile.

And so the Fellowship Family Fun Roadtrip was born.

Trips to the movies,

the pub,

the art gallery.

"This is art?" Aragorn asked.

"I don't know," Legolas mused.  "It just makes me want barbeque."

Frodo's adult birthday rolled around and it was decided that a beach party would be nice.

Sam and Pip swam in the chilly water.

"Don't worry, I'm wearing my hat!" Sam called cheerfully.

"Me, too!" Pip laughed.  "No freezing this time.

Gimli challenged Legolas to a drinking game.

Aragorn took the keys away from Gimli.  (Always remember to enjoy your juice responsibly, kids)

Frodo spun some platters, (ask your parents),

And a great time was had by all.

Frodo was an adult.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2013, 09:47:32 AM »
Late congrats to Sam on immortality, and another congrats on getting a caveman suit. So close!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2013, 10:18:02 AM »
I love Frodo's books! I'll have to remember the road trip for when I have a bunch of elders.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »
Late congrats to Sam on immortality, and another congrats on getting a caveman suit. So close!

Thanks, Trip!  Sam's being quite smug about things right now...

I love Frodo's books! I'll have to remember the road trip for when I have a bunch of elders.

Thank you, Marian.  The road trip is great, they just go from one place to another, without getting bored, stir crazy, or in my hair.  I think it was four days before I brought them home. 
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2013, 11:52:08 AM »
lol, that's awesome Tia!  The roadtrip is just awesome!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - A Long-Expected Party
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2013, 10:21:17 AM »
lol, that's awesome Tia!  The roadtrip is just awesome!

Thanks, Shewolf!

Chapter Twenty Eight - A Long-Expected Party

Twenty one days. 

The road trips continued.  Aragorn dragged them all to the gym, where Gimli was entranced.

"Great-Grand?" he called to Merry.  "What is this?  It's like a tiny movie theatre in the wall."

"It's a TV, Gimli.  We've never had one."  Merry told him.  Gimli stood there, mesmerized, until they hauled him off to the next venue.

And the next.

Someone in this group has unresolved issues...

Pip ran home from Micks.  Tia was checking the date again, when she realized something.

"Pip!  How on earth are you 87 years old?  You guys eat ambrosia every week!"

"Must have missed last week," he grinned, walking into the replicator.

Frodo got his last three ops.  The family sat down for a conference.

"Okay, we've got eight days left."  Legolas told them.  "Everybody can relax, and Frodo, you don't do anything dangerous.  We'll all be too busy watching Pip to keep an extra eye on you."

"No problem, Great-Great.  I've got some books I want to write."

So Frodo knocked off several new series, and finished his masterpiece, On The Ledge With Gollum. 

The last four days were another roadtrip.  Just for old time's sake.  Including the sleeping bags.

Finally it was Frodo's elder birthday.  The Fellowship gathered in from the sprinklers, Gimli pulled Pip out of one of the holes, Gandalf put down his guitar, and they gathered for this serious occasion.

"Oh, Frodo," Tia sniffed.  "You look awful."

Merry's last painting was popped into the museum.

All the family portraits, (including Boromir and Elrond, although they wouldn't be counted for value)

Frodo sat down and ate his ambrosia.

Frodo Fellowship (Gen 8 )
Traits: Bookworm, Insane, Couch Potato, Virtuoso, Handy
LTW: Professional Author
Property: Performance Park
Building: Wolfson's Hospital & Research Centre
Supermax: Writing
Career: Blockbuster Writer
3 LTR: Acclaimed Author, Motive Mobile, Excellent Groupie
6 BlackOps: The Drumline, Guitar Up, To Boldly Go, Tough Negotiating, Correcting Past Mistakes, Funny Looking Fish
6 Best Friends: Bernice Dalton, Bobbie Bowie, Clint Chatman, Gayle Singleton, Jamie Gunter, Rex Casper

"Well?"  Legolas called up to the ceiling.  "We've done it."

"Still need a picture." His voice came back, clear and happy.  "Well done, all of you!  It's going to make a brilliant story in my new book!"

Sam muttered under her breath.  The group hastily moved furniture and after what seemed like hours, a suitable picture was taken.

"FINISHED!" Tia shrieked in delight.  There was a blinding flash of light.  When they could see again they discovered a chest had materialized in the middle of the room.

"I'm so very proud of you all!" Bilbo's voice continued.  Sam's muttering took on a more frenzied tone.  "Drink a toast with this,"  Bilbo told them, "and let the celebration begin!"

They did, Legolas lifting his beaker, looking at the others and gravely saying "To all of those who helped us on this journey."  The sparkles were blinding.

And then there was a mad crush for the dresser.   A new picture was quickly taken.

"What's wrong, Frodo, my lad?" Bilbo asked.

"It's not right yet," Frodo replied.

"I've got this," Tia said.

Recognize this young man?

No?  How about now?

Can you spot him here?

"It's still not right," Frodo complained. 

"You're absolutely right, lad," Legolas told him.  "Come on, boys, we've got work to do."

It was bedlam.  There were ghosts and plates of ambrosia everywhere. 

But the first one resurrected of course, was Boromir.

Amid the chaos that quickly broke into a huge party, Tia managed to grab everyone for a photo.  The group was not happy to have to break off the festivities.

Sam hugged Zak.  "I thought this would be a little more awkward," he admitted.

"Sam, I don't pretend to understand any of it, I'm just glad to have been a part." Zak told him.

And while couples re-united, families hugged and the party raged on, Hailey had private words with Legolas.

"I hope you can understand," she said calmly.  "Tomorrow you'll be an elf again.  I won't.  I'm going to spend this new life doing the things I always wanted to do.  I'm going to become a veterinarian.  I'm going to spend some time with the boys and get to know all the grandchildren.  I respect you, Legolas, and I'll always love you, in a way, but you were always distant."

He took her hands.  "I was, I'll admit it.  I'm happy you have this chance to live again and find real love.  I want nothing but the best for you, Hailey."  He leaned in and kissed her cheek.  "You made all this possible.  If there's ever anything you need..."

She held up her hand.  "What I need, Legolas, you can't give me.  I need someone who will love me, all of me, with everything in him.  You can't do that."  She looked at him, her eyes softening a bit.  "I hope you find someone, too."

"What are you two grinning about," Gandalf, as Frodo and Sam held each other up.  The'd pulled up the good nectar, not Pip's from the cellar.

"We're going to pay a visit to Mr. Bilbo," Sam told him, as Frodo tried to wink.

"After the party, of course," Frodo added.

(There will be one more update, either later on today or tomorrow, to let everyone know what the Fellowship will be up to next)

Thank you all for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2013, 12:09:06 PM »
Woot! Congratulations! Three cheers for the Fellowship! And I love it that Sam got to have her (his) gender change.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2013, 12:41:54 PM »
Congratulations on completing the dynasty!   And Welcome to the Hall of Fame!!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2013, 12:57:17 PM »
WOOT!  Congrats Tia!  *throws a party*  So happy that you made  Hall of Fame!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2013, 12:59:06 PM »
A big congrats on finishing and your spot in the Hall of Fame!

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2013, 01:17:24 PM »
Congratulations! I loved your dynasty and I hope the Fellowship will be back to do something! They were hilarious and awesome!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - And He Lived Happily Ever After...
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
Woot! Congratulations! Three cheers for the Fellowship! And I love it that Sam got to have her (his) gender change.

Thank you, Marian!  I'm glad you liked that little bit, but Sam's still off to have words with Bilbo.

Congratulations on completing the dynasty!   And Welcome to the Hall of Fame!!

Thank you, Rica!  I still can't believe it's done!  And I can't stop smiling.

WOOT!  Congrats Tia!  *throws a party*  So happy that you made  Hall of Fame!

Thanks, Shewolf!  *attends party*  I feel like I've been let into the big kids yard to play! LOL

A big congrats on finishing and your spot in the Hall of Fame!

Thanks, Trip!  It feels pretty awesome.

Congratulations! I loved your dynasty and I hope the Fellowship will be back to do something! They were hilarious and awesome!

Thank you, Akon!  I'm glad you liked the dynasty, the boys are a lot of fun to play with.  Don't worry, you'll see them again around the forum.

Chapter Twenty Nine - And He Lived Happily Ever After, To The End Of His Days

The party was over, and thanks to the leftover elixirs, no one was hung over or sick.  Like kids on the last day of school, they hung over their goodbyes, knowing they would miss each other terribly, knowing that they would be able to be together, anywhere in the Simverse, at the earliest phone call. 

Frodo and Sam left first, Sam manhandling the bags into the back of the motive mobile.  He came back to fetch Frodo and gave Legolas one last hug.

"Take care of yourselves, Sam," Legolas told him.  "We'll get together soon on that new island they've discovered, have a few drinks."  He looked at Sam.  "I think you had the hardest part of all in this."

Sam shrugged.  "There's nothing I wouldn't do for Frodo.  He is my best friend, after all."  He nodded over at the dark hobbit, who was watching Aragorn and Boromir spar.  "He'll be more himself back at Bag End.  Zak is going to come along, we're picking him up on the way.  Frodo and I are both very fond of him.  So it wasn't all bad.  But I don't know that you need to be telling Bilbo what I said just now."  He winked at the elf and took Frodo by the arm.  Legolas hugged them both once more and then watched them climb into the blue van and drive away.

Merry herded Gandalf, Elrond and Pip, all engaged in animate conversation towards the gates.  Nikia, Shannon and Amber were already in the van.

"Are you sure you won't come?"  Merry asked, hugging the elf.  "Egypt is beautiful." 

Legolas shook his head.  "You're going to have your hands full with keeping Pip out of trouble in the tombs."

Amber stuck her head out of the van window.  "We're going to miss our flight, guys!  Bye, Legolas!  We'll all get together on Snowflake Day!"

"Sounds good!" Legolas called, as they piled into the motive mobile.  Hands waved from every window as they drove off.

Legolas went back in the house, got dressed and found Gimli.  He was just putting away his cell phone.

"That was Meaghan.  She's found us a nice place in the mountains.  We're going to drop off Boromir and Aragorn at the airport and then go check it out."  He hugged Legolas.

"Anytime you want to visit, you know how to find me.  I always need a friend to dig holes with."  Gimli told him, looking at him with concern.

"I'll hold you to that."  Legolas told him. 

He met Boromir and Aragorn outside.

"Where's Lesley?" he asked.

"She's meeting us at the airport.  Said she had to do a little shopping before we left.  Something about shoes."  Aragorn told him.

Boromir laughed.  "No designer shoes in the afterlife."

Legolas laughed dryly, and then looked at them both seriously.  "You two be good to Hailey," he said, his voice soft.  "She left without saying goodbye, but promise me you'll look after her for me."

"We will," Aragorn told him.  "She's smart enough to know what she wants."  He looked up at the elf.  "We should all be that smart."

Gimli beeping the horn distracted him, and there was just enough time for quick hugs all around before the dwarf pulled up to the gate.

"This is it!"  Boromir said excitedly.  "Time to take my crown as Tournament King!  You've had the title long enough, my brother!"

"As long as there are no old ladies,"  Aragorn grinned, opening the car door.  "Bye for now, Legolas!  Snowflake Day at Pip's, don't forget!"

"I'll be there!" Legolas called, as he watched them go.

And then it was just him, as it had been in the beginning.  He half-heartedly started to tidy up, for Savannah and Julio would be moving in the next morning.  It was so quiet.  Too quiet.  No stereo, no "Sweet Home, Alabama," nothing.

"Lasse?" Tia asked softly.  "I've got this.  Why don't you go take a walk or something.  You still need to decide where you want to go.  Dragon Valley is still out of the question, but there's tons of other towns..." she trailed off.  The elf nodded absently and went through the gate.  Tia smiled gently and started cleaning the house for the simbots.

His feet took where they would while he considered his options.  He could always spend his time visiting between the others, the beloved Great-Great, welcome wherever he went.  The idea made him laugh. 

He found himself walking up the hill to Cinnamon Crescent, his very first property.  "Tia's made some changes," he mused, as he made his way through the azaleas to stand at the water's edge.

"Lasse?" came a voice, very quiet in the evening air.  It was only Tia who called him that now, but this wasn't her voice.  Hands trembling, he turned around.

"It is you," she said.  "Can we talk?"

He crossed to her quickly, ignoring the sweet scent of the blossoms his boots crushed in his hurry.  He stopped, confused, and stared at her.

"When you didn't come, last night," he began, then faltered.  He continued to stare at her, and she reached up to touch one ear delicately.

"Yes," she told him, her eyes large and soft.  "It's true."  She smiled and he reached out to trace the point gently, a look of wonder on his face.  "When Elrond came back, he went straight to Bilbo with a very firm request.  Elrond is not a person that anyone says no to."

"Kat," he whispered.  "Why didn't you come last night?  Everytime a new ghost showed up, I hoped it was you."

"Hailey had the right, and she had things to say to you while she had your full attention."

"And now?" he asked.

"Now," she smiled up at him.  "We decide where we want to go."

"It doesn't matter," he told her, pulling her close.  "Wherever you are, that's home for me."

"Ahem" Tia discreetly coughed.  "Since you feel that way, can I get you two to give me a hand in Sunset Valley for a bit?  I'm getting things set up for the Kings..."

"Fine!"  Legolas said, a smile on his face, as Kat giggled.  "But we need to be at Pip's for Snowflake Day."

Tia transported them home.  "We'll go in the morning."

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2013, 06:09:28 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!  Go Lasse!  So happy to see him with Kat!  I can't wait to see what else the boys get up to ^^

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2013, 10:43:20 PM »
Congrats, Mom! I'm so glad you've finally finished!  ;D

------------

Offline aargpirates

• Nooboo
    • Avast Ye Scurvy Dogs - Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2013, 02:14:55 AM »
Fantastic!  Congratulations.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2013, 09:24:18 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!  Go Lasse!  So happy to see him with Kat!  I can't wait to see what else the boys get up to ^^

Don't worry, they'll be around! Lasse always threw about three times as many wishes to do things with Kat then he ever did with Hailey, so it seemed appropriate.   ;)

Congrats, Mom! I'm so glad you've finally finished!  ;D

Thanks, hon, so's everyone else in the house, it means I'm cooking again.

Fantastic!  Congratulations.

Thank you!
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2013, 04:47:51 AM »
Congrats to all in the Fellowship! And I'm pleased that Sam is his old self again. :D

Edit: I was half expecting that LegoLAS(s) would have been the female. LOL  :)

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2015, 11:31:16 AM »
Sorry for necroposting this, but I just finished playing LEGO Lord of the Rings(not 100% as Isengard was giving me grief and I despise LEGO Gollum for glitching up one level run  >:() and enjoyed Tolkein's story, so this inspired me to read this again. You are a marvelous story teller and I'm sorry that you weren't able to have an outdoor legacy due to Season's restrictive temperature mechanics.

Another house idea would be to have a hobbit hill, like Bag End.  ;D

Good luck on everything else you write.

EDIT: I also read the first post again and laughed at the first few lines. I suck at drawing but I would definitely put in a picture of a five-headed dragon with heart eyes squealing "GANDALF!!!" as Gandalf the white nurses a major headache. LOLZ XD
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

anything