Author Topic: Can't Use Inventory Item  (Read 5001 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Can't Use Inventory Item
« on: October 27, 2009, 03:26:45 PM »
One of my Sims is trying to fish for Vampire Fish behind the Science Facility, but the garlic that's in his inventory won't show up on the list of available baits.  When I inspect the water, Vampire Fish show up along with some others.  Then I try to choose the bait and garlic simply isn't on the list of produce that's in his inventory.  I tried selling all the garlic and buying new garlic.  I tried closing the game and restarting my computer.  I also tried resetting the Sim.  Nothing is working.  Any ideas?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
Re: Can't Use Inventory Item
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 03:51:35 PM »
It seems like a glitch, have you tried giving the garlic to another sim and having them try it? They would have to have high enough fishing skill of course.

I think I've heard of something like this before and it had to do with seeds. Does your sim have any unknown seeds in his inventory? If so, put them on the ground and try again.

The unknown seeds could be garlic and even if your sim doesn't know what they are, the game does. Apparently if the sim has some seeds of the same kind as any vegetables in their inventory the bait chooser might only offer you the seed instead of the vegetable.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:34:59 PM »
That must have been the problem, PJ!  I'd been carrying around seeds and finally got around to planting them.  I'd also cleared out a lot of inventory, including all of my garlic.  I sent my Sim to the grocery store to buy more, then had him try to fish with garlic behind the Science Facility.  Lo and behold, there it was!!!  Thanks so much for the suggestion!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jinhong91

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 08:52:47 AM »
A another glitch for the game developers to fix.
I really hope the next patch would fix even more fixes so the game doesnt feel "broken".

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 03:44:22 PM »
Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Glad it worked. :)