Author Topic: Game Freezes  (Read 1463 times)

Offline SabrinaFaire

• Nooboo
Game Freezes
« on: November 15, 2012, 07:15:15 PM »
I searched and found some folks with this issue but no resolutions.

What's your operating system, Windows or Mac? Windows XP
Are you using Mods or CC? (without getting too specific) None other than store downloaded items
What Expansion and Stuff packs do you have? All EPs (incl Supernatural & Seasons), All SP but Diesel & Katy Perry
When did you last uninstall/reinstall the game? Within the last week or so, fresh install on this HD. Haven't moved old stuff over, fresh game. CAS YA is about 3 days from becoming an Adult, so this is not an old game, she's the only active Sim.
What were you doing at the time of the issue? I had just told her to sit down and continue writing a novel.
Is your game up to date? What is your current version? Yep. 16.0.136.019017

This has been happening for awhile, even before I got Supernatural & Seasons. The game just locks up. Sometimes after playing for an hour or so, sometimes right away. The whole computer locks, requiring a hard reboot. We thought it was perhaps something else on the PC so the hubs set up a secondary HD and the ONLY thing other than IE installed is World of Warcraft (because that sometimes locks too) and Sims. I thought that perhaps it was the Origin client because the one time WoW locked on this new HD, that was running in the background. I've since made sure that it doesn't load on start up and it wasn't running this most recent time.

Could it be a heat issue? Could it be that I need to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 to get the latest DirectX? Something else? This is quite annoying.

Thanks in advance.
Sabrina

anything