Author Topic: Witches magic meter is empty  (Read 24135 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Witches magic meter is empty
« on: November 17, 2012, 03:29:56 AM »
I have not played very much since I got Supernatural, but have been making up for lost time since I bought Seasons. For that reason, I'm still unsure of a lot of Supernatural features. One that has confused me is the magic meter. My witch has depleted her magic meter bar and now it won't fill up again. She has been concentrating on her gardening and alchemy and hasn't had time for magic anyway, but I thought it would refill over time. She emptied it some time during summer and it never refilled. Now it is spring and still nothing,=. I thought that one way to fill it was to fly around, but she flies everywhere and I even had her continually flying around the arena today, but still nothing. Am I missing something very basic or is it a glitch maybe?
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: Witches magic meter is empty
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 11:49:47 AM »
Hmmm, my witch has maxed magic skill but that has never happened to her.  Since your witch is working on alchemy, have you tried one having her drink one of the magic replenishing elixirs?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
I have not played very much since I got Supernatural, but have been making up for lost time since I bought Seasons. For that reason, I'm still unsure of a lot of Supernatural features. One that has confused me is the magic meter. My witch has depleted her magic meter bar and now it won't fill up again. She has been concentrating on her gardening and alchemy and hasn't had time for magic anyway, but I thought it would refill over time. She emptied it some time during summer and it never refilled. Now it is spring and still nothing,=. I thought that one way to fill it was to fly around, but she flies everywhere and I even had her continually flying around the arena today, but still nothing. Am I missing something very basic or is it a glitch maybe?

Sounds like a glitch but can I ask a question?  Do you have needs on static?  Can she still cast spells? 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 03:08:37 PM »
I thought, could be wrong, that once they deplete their magic, they need the elixir of "essence of magic" to get it back. Not sure, since I never let my witch drain herself.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 03:28:53 PM »
The story so far.. um, yes I did have needs static as it was more a trial for gardening (using the new 'greenhouse') than anything else.  She could still do magic, although because I was concentrating on gardening and alchemy, the most she was doing was conversion spells on things.
I did have her drink an essence of magic elixir (thanks thesimslover) but although it said her powers were restored, the bar didn't move.

So it was probably because of static needs? I didn't even think about that and it didn't occur to me to mention it when I said what my problem was.. doh.  So slap my wrists for not giving the full picture and I'll go fire up the game and make here be a real eating, sleeping witch for a bit and see how she goes.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »
Static needs makes it look like it's depleted but the truth is you have an infinite about of magic power to be used for spells.   When you don't have needs static, when you get down towards the bottom, you can't even perform spells. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »
I know when my sims magic depletes, usually overnight, it will fill back up or over the course of a few hours.  Of course the potion is great to use in the meantime.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 03:29:52 AM »
I'm glad this problem only looks like a problem, but isn't a problem. Your welcome, Twinmum, anytime. ;D
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.