Author Topic: UPDATED! Building Video Tutorials - Walk-out Basements  (Read 1931 times)

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
UPDATED! Building Video Tutorials - Walk-out Basements
« on: November 18, 2012, 01:02:48 AM »
Edit -

So! I recently installed Windows with Parallels which you might know from my overly excited threads in the CAW forum. But I also got to thinking why not try redoing my video tutorials. Turns out I managed to fix the choppiness in the video by using Windows and threw them onto Youtube (of course I had to rerecord the whole thing and WMM is really that as nifty as iMovie :( ) -

Walk-Out Basements

For those of you watching, if I might ask, are these videos something you see as useful. Should I make the rest of my image based tutorials into videos or would you rather see tutorials about other build techniques that I did not yet cover. Or maybe there are a few tutorials that you would like to see as videos for clarity and some that are easy to understand as images. Either way let me know and I will get to work on it :) Cheers

Welcome! Sorry for my long absence from these wonderful forums, work and such occupied most of my time. But things are less busy now so I thought I would begin on making video tutorials for building, an endeavour I had been meaning to do for a while. This first one is for walk-out basements.

You will need to excuse the choppiness, it is my first try with video editing and I am a bit of an amateur. In fact, I am wondering if anyone knows how to fix the choppiness of the video. I am using iMovie on the mac, and I use vlc to make the original avi file into an mpeg4. I cannot tell if it is a setting in the original game, in vlc or in iMovie. I use the h64 video encoder with a bit rate of 1024 in vlc. So... if any of this makes sense to you and you might know how to fix the frames, feel free to message me.

Other than that, feel free to ask any questions about the tutorial itself or any feedback unrelated to the choppiness. Once I fix this issue, I intend to make a ton of video tutorials for this site if they are indeed beneficial. Thank you!

Louise56

Re: Building Video Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 03:38:05 AM »
I'm sure Leto will be able to help you edit videos.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
Re: Building Video Tutorials - Walk-out Basements
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 05:14:16 PM »
Can I ask what Leto's username is, maybe I can send him a message in case he doesn't read this thread. Thanks :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Building Video Tutorials - Walk-out Basements
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 05:37:09 PM »
Can I ask what Leto's username is, maybe I can send him a message in case he doesn't read this thread. Thanks :)
It's Leto85

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
Re: UPDATED! Building Video Tutorials - Walk-out Basements
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 09:23:24 PM »
Just a quick note, the video has been updated above, so let me know what you think :)

anything