Author Topic: Game Freezing  (Read 2562 times)

Offline LivvieLove

  • Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 2368
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Game Freezing
« on: November 18, 2012, 02:27:55 PM »
This is getting almost intolerable...
I recently installed Seasons and never had trouble in my first or second save file... now I've started over, built a house on the cliffside in Sunset Valley and moved my Sim couple there. It was going very well for a long time (I was playing for hours yesterday, saving and such). Now it's Week 2 Day 5 and all of the sudden my game is freezing every other Sim minute. The freeze lasts about 10-15 seconds every time. I decided I would get off the game and restart the next day and see if maybe my game just got overloaded with that save file and maybe needed to reload. Today I opened the game up and found it's still happening. I can't deny I'm frustrated because I know my computer can handle the Sims as it's brand new with a top of the line graphics card and plenty of ram; I even use GameBooster to ensure my ram is being used efficiently.
Is there any ideas of how I can get this freezing issue to be fixed? I'm tired of never making it to see Spring-Time in my games.
I do use Mods, all of them are up-to-date, and I even tried using my Master Controller to reset everything to no avail... I don't believe it's something within the save. I tried lowering my graphics even and that didn't help.
Any suggestions?

Edit to add this:
What's your operating system, Windows or Mac? Windows 7, 64 bit.
Are you using Mods or CC? (without getting too specific) Yes, up to date.
What Expansion and Stuff packs do you have? All Expansions, Every Stuff pack minus KP Sweet Treats.
When did you last uninstall/reinstall the game? Not in a long time, I usually clean the caches, DCBackup to keep it tip-top.
What were you doing at the time of the issue? One Sim was painting and the other was writing a novel. Both got up to eat some Chili. :)
Is your game up to date? What is your current version? Yes. 16.0.136.019017

Offline MoMoll

  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 2244
Re: Game Freezing
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 02:44:36 PM »
You have MC, do you have Overwatch. It helps clean up the cars.



Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

  • Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • ******
  • Posts: 2368
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Game Freezing
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 02:53:19 PM »
Overwatch is one of my favorites! I also have ErrorTrap. 99% of my Mods are NRaas Industries. The other 1% are fixes for Sim Objects (like a door that shows up funny has a fix to make it look like it's supposed to). I do use CC as well, but I try to avoid overusing it.
To give as much detail as possible: my Sims were running without a hitch essentially. There were no freezes and the glitches were common and bearable. Nothing had really changed except for how long I'd been playing the game. One Sim was a self-employed writer, the other a self-employed painter. They were romantic, engaged, no issues with social glitches. All of the sudden the game started to freeze. My Sim had just stopped painting and was going to eat leftovers when the game would freeze. It would freeze every 2-3 Sim minutes and the freezes lasted between 5-12 seconds real time. If you can imagine, it's frustrating. Sometimes I couldn't move my mouse, but sometimes I could. Rain would still be falling, the plumbob would still be glowing and moving, TV images still playing but time and the Sims stopped for the freeze (which is how I knew it wouldn't crash. Whenever my game freezes and nothing else is moving it usually indicates a possible crash). I am trying a factory reset and a cache clearing after some thorough cleaning! I'll get back to you if that works out for me... maybe it will help other people who struggle with a similar issue.

Edit: well, that did nothing except cause me to have to redownload all of my store stuff and mess with tuning on all of my mods.