Author Topic: Would I lose my sims on vacation if I uninstall World Adventures?  (Read 2397 times)

Showjumperxo

So I'm in a rather tricky situation.

I intalled World Adventures pretty recently and I wasn't aware of how glitchy it is.
I sent 2 of my sims (from a family of eight) to Egypt and left the rest of the family at home.
About a day in sims time the game started getting very glitchy so I saved in case it would spontaneously shut down.

Big mistake.

Now whenever I open the file, I can see my sims for only 2 seconds and then the entire screen turns black. I've tried restarting the computer and everything but nothing works. And since I saved, the game is just stuck there forever basically.

If I uninstalled the World Adventures expansion pack, would it mess up my entire sims family?

They are all almost maxed out in skills, their house is customized, and they have almost a million simoleons in their family account. If I only lost the 2 sims I sent on vacation, it wouldn't matter to me as much as if it completely erased the entire family - because they are connected under the same file.

I'm worried that uninstalling the Sims 3 World Adventures expansion pack would totally erase the family. I can't even get to the rest of the family that I left at home because its save file in the main menu only shows the 2 sims that are stuck on vacation.

What can I do to save my file?  :-\

p.s. If no one knows the answer, any suggestions on where I should go for help? I've tried yahoo answers and everything and no one seems to know how to fix my problem :(

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Would I lose my sims on vacation if I uninstall World Adventures?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 08:17:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum Showjumperxo.

I want you to know that I removed the red from your post as we prefer that all members use only black to keep a clean and professional appearance to our forums.

About your issue, uninstalling WA will make it so you cannot play that game file at all because the last save is in a foreign country.     Have you tried opening the backup file?  In your Sims 3 folder under Saves > you should have a .backup of the save that you are trying to open.   If you remove the .backup from the file name and maybe had a number to the front so you know which one it is.  You may be able to play again if that save was from before traveling.  Then if you really wanted to uninstall - that option would be available to you.

While yes World Adventures can be very glitchy, I have also found it to be a lot of fun.   If you manage to recover your family, you could always move them to a new town with their house, money and each other and maybe then traveling wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is now.     When you were doing everything, did that include cleaning out your cache files? 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Showjumperxo

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 08:38:54 PM »
Ricalynn,

Thank you so much! I followed your advice.
I opened my "save files" folder under "documents" and I think I have 2 back ups that from what I believe, before the glitching happened. One says "marisa.sims3.backup" and the other just says "marisa.sims3"

Do you know how to open the back up?
When I click on it, it shows a bunch of little sub files and I guess that it is not in the correct format?

Sorry, I've never done this before  :-\

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
Rename the one that says Marisa.sims3.backup to say MarisaBackup.sims3.  Then start the game like you normally would and it will be one of your game options on the main menu.  Then open it like you normally would.  It will the one named MarisaBackup.  Did that help?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 11:38:24 PM »
Sorry, I've never done this before  :-\

I believe what Ricalynn is explaining to you is found on this thread.  There's a little more detail there, so hopefully you can get your game settled.  If it still doesn't work, you can keep asking questions here on your thread and we'll be happy to try to help some more.

And welcome to our Forum.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything