Author Topic: How to stop the date calls  (Read 17590 times)

Offline tygerbeeshoney

• Llama Wrangler
How to stop the date calls
« on: November 22, 2012, 09:28:59 PM »
I found out that with the Seasons pack an online dating profile is automaticaly created for each young adault maybe teen sim. To stop the date calls remove the sim's date profile from online dating website.

Offline sadsim

• The Saddest Sim
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: How to stop the date calls.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 10:55:07 PM »
Cool thanks :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 11:32:13 PM »
Oh yes!  Thank you so much!  That has been driving me nuts.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Louise56

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 11:44:33 PM »
Thank you! Those calls was getting a little annoying. ;)

Offline tygerbeeshoney

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 11:51:30 PM »
I know those date calls get annoying fast. Glad to help. welcome

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 04:09:12 AM »
Wow, such a simple solution. So simple I'd never have thought of it myself!

Thank you for this tip.

Dellena

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 06:12:03 AM »
Do you have to create a profile and then delete it?  Because for my adult married couple, the only option with the online dating is Create Profile.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 11:59:14 AM »
Do you have to create a profile and then delete it?  Because for my adult married couple, the only option with the online dating is Create Profile.

Did you start the game with a married couple? Curious, because, my singles, living together before marriage, each have profiles. Once I delete them. No issue. Until they decide to get together, they keep their profiles, because it allows them to make friends. I f you read closely some of the request, they are for friendship and NOT just dates. Easier than running around and trying to chat up people. Meet them, have dinner and that's it!

Offline Swanwhite

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 01:08:25 PM »
That's so simple! Thank you :)

I never thought of using it to make friends though, that's not a bad idea.

Dellena

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 01:28:58 PM »
They were married when I installed Seasons.  The kids who aged up to YA after installation had a profile.  So in case this was a case of a 'hidden' profile.  I had each of the adults create a profile and then delete it.  I haven't played enough yet to see if that worked.  Will let you know.

Offline Erythrocyte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »
Hm, I've had my YA Sims try to "remove dating profile"...several times! It just doesn't register as removed.
Then again, maybe I could try to "change profile" first and then delete it. I think the problem with deleting it straight away is that I never even created a dating profile for any of them in the first place, it just exists anyway  ???

Offline smaurine82

• Townie
    • Jensen Legacy
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 04:58:51 PM »
I know this is sort of a dead topic and that others have said thank you, but I want to reiterate my thanks. I never knew this and I Sim almost daily. Thank you so much for sharing this knowledge!

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 03:46:29 PM »
I realize this is kind of old, but thank you sooo much!! I get tons of them and one day decided to actually agree to go and the dude didn't even show up!!

"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 01:07:01 PM »
I had one call and ask my sim, who was having a birthday party, if she would go on a date.

Funny thing was, he was in the room with her and he wasn't talking on a phone. 

I tried the remove profile, made on and then told it to be removed, but it didn't stop the calls.  This was when it first came out, maybe a patch fixed it, I need to try again, they are very annoying.  Totally disrupted a romantic moment when my sim was getting ready to propose to his future bride.  She walked off and left him while he answered the phone.  Even though I cancelled the call, it would call right back.   

Offline imagemini1978

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2013, 07:53:37 PM »
Hi everyone, I've read this topic before concerning the date calls and have tried everything to get rid of them, including uninstalling Seasons. My sims still receive dating calls, and I have 6 sims in my family, so I'm getting calls one after another. I've tried the edit/remove profile. It's getting to where I don't even want to play anymore:( I like some of the things that a Seasons has, just the online dating calls I hate and there has to be some other way to turn them off if we want to. Anyone else still having this problem?? Please help!:(

anything