Author Topic: Gardening Career tips  (Read 8838 times)

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
Re: Gardening Career tips
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 02:50:21 PM »
Chuckles, it is the combination of all four things. Green Thumb and Gatherer traits, maxing out the gardening skill, then buying the Super Green Thumb LTR.

You are right, if you take the Gatherer trait out of the combination, it doesn't come close to adding up to perfect plants when just planting from nice or normal. Sorry I didn't make it clear enough that the two traits listed are the baseline a sim must have in order to be able to pull it off.

Offline Skane

• NPC
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 04:38:34 PM »
Hi all. Returning player here. I kinda stopped after Showtime (Steam wasn't selling the latest seasons, so I thought the game support on Steam went dead), and apparently my previous forum account expired. :P

During the Steam Summer Sales though, I saw the latest expansions on sale and updated the game accordingly. I have always been a gardener type of Simmer, and Seasons is wrecking havoc on my crops. :o It took a while before I realised I could use the Planters from the Supernatural expansion to protect my plants. However, that led to another problem, plants in planters don't get watered from the automatic sprinkler, and it is very time-consuming to water all the plants.

Is there any way to automate the watering of plants in planters?

Cheers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 07:02:50 PM »
I got the stonesthrow greenhouse and built a greenhouse in the backyard. It protects the plants and the gardening station that comes with it auto waters.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2013, 06:23:59 AM »
You don't need the green house set though, you ca just build a regular room with a roof and no flooring and use moveobjects on to let things be planted inside it. I imagine the sprinklers would work like this. The plants will not be affected by the seasons.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 06:55:12 PM »
When I tried that fortheloveofcake, my plants still couldn't be harvested in the winter. They would say "harvest" as their state but sims couldn't harvest them until spring.

I haven't tried it for quite a while though. Maybe a game update changed things.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
I have the same problem, MeestorMark.  I believe I have a bad installation of the greenhouse that might be causing the problem.  My proposed solution is to completely uninstall the greenhouse and every little item that came with it, then download and install it again.  I think the trick may be that you have to get every item that came with it.  I'm going to use the list of items that the game shows as part of the set to make sure I get all of them.  I can't guarantee that this will help you because I haven't done it myself yet, but I'll try to let you know what happens.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 10:13:02 AM »
Lil tip: If you have level 9+ scientist and high-skilled gardener (ideally in one sim), you can scan and thus clone seeds of money tree or omniplant. Sometimes it will boost it to perfect quality.
And my sim managed to get moneytree seed while time travelling to future.

One question: does omniplant's quality affect the produce anyhow -  will perfect omniplant grow better produce than outstanding?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.