Author Topic: Just installed World Adventures, but won’t auto-patch  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
Just installed World Adventures, but won’t auto-patch
« on: November 24, 2012, 02:10:47 PM »
I just ran across this issue.
I went through the big sales on Steam and Origin, getting World Adventures from Steam and Supernatural from Origin. I downloaded both on Origin, where I already had Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, and Pets installed. Once WA had finished installing, I launched the game without any problems. I later went to change the allocated memory for applications in my OS because Windows XP couldn’t handle the game where it was. After Supernatural finished and I re-booted the machine, it no longer launched and gave a vague error message. Opening the Crash Log Analyzer, it said World Adventures and Ambitions had updates available. I had never run into this issue with Ambitions. I can’t get it to patch automatically and I can’t seem to find a way to manually patch it. If I have to reinstall then I’m screwed, everything I have was digitally downloaded. I thought I had remembered seeing something on here but I can no longer find it, so I hope there’s a solution other than reinstalling.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Just installed World Adventures, but won’t auto-patch
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 02:19:24 PM »
MoonsareBlue gave a great tutorial on how to patch pre-generations games.  You can find it here.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
Re: Just installed World Adventures, but won’t auto-patch
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »
MoonsareBlue gave a great tutorial on how to patch pre-generations games.  You can find it here.
Oh, so that’s where it was! I guess I was thrown off because of the title, lol.

I shall be fixing that now. I’d left my computer on overnight so it could download (we really need more bandwidth) and I’m really anxious!
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

anything