Author Topic: Sims 3 alwyas freezes!  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Sims 3 alwyas freezes!
« on: November 26, 2012, 11:55:33 AM »
OK, I have all the expansion and stuff packs installed for Sims 3. This is the specs for my computer:

Intel Duo Core 2 2.53GHz

4GB of DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS graphics card.

Whenever I play the game, it always freezes for about 10 seconds and resumes again. Then after less than a minute, the game freezes again. This goes on forever!

How do I solve this issue? My laptop surpasses the minimum specs for the game and yet it is unplayable!

Is anyone else facing the same issue?

Please help! Thanks!

:'(

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
Re: Sims 3 alwyas freezes!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 12:37:36 PM »
What you're describing sounds like the lag that many players experience, especially in game files that are multi-generational or have been played for quite awhile.  For me, the lag seems to start at about week 8, and it freezes about every 15 sim minutes or so.  The best solution I've found is Twallan's Overwatch mod, and I've found that I don't need to use it continually.  I recently had an 8-week-old game that I saved just as my sims were going to bed, then I installed Overwatch and let it run until they started waking up in the morning, saved again, removed the mod, and the game then ran very well.  I'm guessing the mod helps clean up and reorganize the way the game file uses memory.

Other than that, you might try the other fixes listed here - cleaning your machine, deleting cache files, updating your OS and drivers, de-fragging your hard drive.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Re: Sims 3 alwyas freezes!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 12:30:35 AM »
What you're describing sounds like the lag that many players experience, especially in game files that are multi-generational or have been played for quite awhile.  For me, the lag seems to start at about week 8, and it freezes about every 15 sim minutes or so.  The best solution I've found is Twallan's Overwatch mod, and I've found that I don't need to use it continually.  I recently had an 8-week-old game that I saved just as my sims were going to bed, then I installed Overwatch and let it run until they started waking up in the morning, saved again, removed the mod, and the game then ran very well.  I'm guessing the mod helps clean up and reorganize the way the game file uses memory.

Other than that, you might try the other fixes listed here - cleaning your machine, deleting cache files, updating your OS and drivers, de-fragging your hard drive.

Thanks for the kind advise! It worked, albeit to a certain degree. I still face occasional freezing but it is not as bad as before! This mod is really helpful!

:)

anything