Author Topic: Sunrise Valley world  (Read 21473 times)

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
Sunrise Valley world
« on: November 27, 2012, 07:00:20 AM »
** Thread is locked due to creator no longer supporting their save files. **

This is yet another variation of Sunset Valley as you can guess by the name. Yes I know there are others already out there but I only have a few expansion packs (Ambitions, Late Night and World Adventurer) so I wanted one that dealt with just the expansion packs I have. If a few others also find this useful they're welcome to it.

I've done a couple of things with this world that some people may not like so I'll start with those things in hopes of not wasting to much of your time.

First, I used lots and lots of trees. How many exactly? I have no idea but suffice to say I wanted a thick lush green canopy through which little sunlight penetrated to the shady roads winding through the hills. :)

The other thing I did that may not be so popular is I pushed the playable area pretty much to it's limit allowing the sims close enough to the fake background terrain to see it plain as day. That doesn't bother me in the slightest but tutorials I've read warn against that saying people don't like to be able to see the fake terrain up close. Oh well, I wanted the extra room for new lots.

If those two items haven't put you off and I still have your attention then maybe you'll like what's coming.

I guess I'll start with the wide angle view showing where all the Late Night bars and the Ambitions lots are.

The Blue Numbers....

1 = Firehouse
2 = Laundromat and Consignment Store right next to each other. Too close to give each their own number. lol
3 = Barney's Tattoo and Salon
4 = Grady's Junkyard

The Purple Numbers....

1 = McGinty's (dive bar Irish)
2 = One-Eyed Jack's Bar and grill (dive bar criminal) right next to the criminal hideout of course
3 = Cheers (Local Watering Hole)
4 = First -n- Ten (sports bar) right down the road from the stadium.
5 = Cerulean Blue Lounge (poolside lounge) Yes it has diving boards. As does almost every pool in this world. :)
6 = Club Meh (disco club) As the name implies it's nothing special. One look and you can tell I put zero effort into that place, but it has to be there so there it is.
7 = (dance club) I was so disinterested in this place I didn't even bother to name it. lol
8 = (fusion lounge) I don't even have any idea what a fusion lounge is supposed to be. Can some one explain that to me? What exactly is... a fusion lounge? lol but it's there and satisfies the requirements for gigs.
9 = Doo Peas Executive Lounge (exclusive lounge) I put this right across the street from Doo Peas Corporate Towers because I like to think of it as where the corporate big wigs would unwind after a long day of insider trading. lol
10 = The Plasma Lounge (vampire lounge) just across from the graveyard somehow seemed a fitting place.

The Red Numbers...

1 = There are three empty 64x64 lots at these locations so plenty of room to build big stuff.
2 = 4 new residential beachfront properties to build on. :)
3 = other new empty lots of varying sizes.

Now lets take a closer look at a couple of the more interesting sights.

First you might have noticed that I moved the Alto place around the corner and there's a big white thing there now. That big white thing is one of my better builds I think. It's a ritzy upscale apartment building with a 2 bedroom playable apartment.

Here's the front view...

and here's the back view...

You can take a more thorough tour of that building in this thread. Be advised though, the version available in that thread doesn't include diving boards or the hedge maze.

You're probably also wondering what that big square thing on the left was. That's a low income apartment complex on the outskirts of town. Here's a closer look...

It's actually four 64x64 lots place side by side to create one huge apartment complex with 4 different playable units. You can see more of that on page 110 of the Showboating thread

Here's a street level view...

You can just make out the farm just beyond the apartments. Here's a closer look at that farm...

Something you might not have noticed is the building around the corner from the school. It's not the diner. I moved that and put in a school dorm.

You can see more of that in this thread.

As you can see in the image below I connected the Lighthouse Island to the mainland with the suspension bridge from Bridgeport. It happened to be just the right size to span that gap. :)

And on that island there are three more empty lots. One of them beach front.

I made an adult male sim named Martin Brody and gave him the traits brave,angler,hydrophobic,dramatic and excitable with the lifetime wish to become an international super spy to encourae him to get into the law enforcement career and put him on one of the lots on the island.

Sound familiar? A cop named Brody who's afraid of water and lives on an island? Now If I could only get him to say, "I think we need a bigger boat." ;)

Anyway That concludes this little tour of my version of Sunset Valley.

Download here. - From the Sims 3 Exchange

I have a save file to go with it but no place to upload it to. The save file isn't crucial it just puts the ghosts back in the graveyard.

The rest of the population is there with out the save file so you can play without it but a graveyard without ghosts is just boring. :(

I did do a couple other minor things in the save file that I don't want to mention. I want to leave them as Easter eggs for people to find.

And I managed to get all I needed done in the save file without letting the game clock tick over to 8:01am Sunday morning and saved without having an active household so even when you start a game from the save file you still get the custom flyover and still start at 8:00am. It's just like starting a new game but with ghosts. :)

Hopefully I'll find someplace to upload it.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Sunrise Valley world
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:11:41 AM »
This is a nice-looking town, PolarBair! I'm not sure I know what you mean by "fake terrain," but I'll check it out when I download it Wednesday. Good work!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 07:17:31 AM »
He/she means distant terrain. It's a huge CAW object that when placed correctly, lines up with the sides of the map, to make it seem like the countryside keeps going. Otherwise you end up with water surrounding your town.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 07:18:19 AM »
He/she means distant terrain. It's a huge CAW object that when placed correctly, lines up with the sides of the map, to make it seem like the countryside keeps going. Otherwise you end up with water surrounding your town.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification, Chuckles!

Offline Boing1234

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 06:09:12 PM »
Where Can I Download Your Island And What Do I Need To Download It?

Offline JoJoJo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 02:58:34 AM »
Is there anywhere else were we can download this neighborhood?

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 03:14:34 AM »
Where Can I Download Your Island And What Do I Need To Download It?

Is there anywhere else were we can download this neighborhood?

No there is no where else to download it from. Just the Exchange Download I linked to here.

It'll have stuff from all the EPs I have listed in my signature so you should have at least those EPs before downloading. No custom content of stuff packs were used. I would have mentioned so otherwise.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline vaizardjin10

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 09:09:27 PM »
Wow this town looks so good. If only this one was updated up to IP with all new community lots in all expansion. I would like to try this one.  ;D

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 02:07:30 AM »
This world looks great I love the bridge idea ;D