Author Topic: Hale - A Moonlight Falls Dynasty - Please send to the Graveyard  (Read 3921 times)

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
Hale - A Moonlight Falls Dynasty - Please send to the Graveyard
« on: November 27, 2012, 01:23:42 PM »
Word Press

Book 1: Foundations
Prologue
Chapter 1: Finding Purpose
Chapter 2: Fitting in
Chapter 3: First comes love . . .
Chapter 4: Revelations
Chapter 5: New Stages

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Meet Emrys Hale

------------------------
Immortal Statistics

Founder - Emrys Hale (Witch) || Spouse: Bianca Hale (Crumplebottom)
Traits: Bookworm, Hates the Outdoors, Loner, Computer Whiz, Perfectionist
Skill - Writing
Career - Writer
LTW - Mystic Healer
LTRs- Steel Bladder, Acclaimed author, Inheritance
Properties - Gypsy Wagon, Stone Troll Fishing Hole
Black Ops - it's a living, History of One, The Great Novelist, Correcting Past Mistakes, Deliver a book to Egypt, Add a little drama.
Portraits - YA - Yes; Adult - Yes; Elder -

---------------------------------

The Hale Dynasty has just begun, Emrys will return soon, with the beginning of his search for immortality.

I will be switching to a Word Press Blog, with the links on this main post. So feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think, and if I should continue with the story aspect of the Challenge.

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
Hale - A Moonlight Falls Dynasty Prologue
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 04:44:46 PM »
Prologue

Does anyone really know when it starts? Emrys found himself contemplating his life; a milestone had just been reached. He was finally considered an adult, a young adult, but an adult all the same. Looking back on his life, he really couldn’t say there was anything to it, it all seemed a blur. There was really only one thing on this young witch’s mind; he needed to get to Moonlight Falls.

It seems almost inexplicable, it was just there. This desire to use magic, and to use that magic to heal the ailing of those cursed to live their lives on this Earth as wretched monsters zombies and vampires, needed to be quenched. Emrys, unsure of where he even was, found himself wandering in what he believed to be the way to Moonlight Falls. After a weary journey, peddling for money, and hitching rides, he finally made it, he could see the radiance of the city, he had arrived.

With nowhere to go, Emrys walked around town, there he found a mysterious gentleman, hooded and robed, standing on the side of the street. “Hello, young lad, new to town?” the man asked, “yes, not sure what brought me here but I know I am supposed to be here.” Emrys answered. “Aren’t you lucky you ran into me?” The man said barely showing his crooked smile from the hood that was hiding his face.
Emrys gave a feeble smile and half hearted laugh as he moved to scratch the back of his head with his right arm, “Yeah? Why do you say that? You’re not planning on killing me, are you?”  The hooded man laughed, “oh no, on the contrary, I plan on helping you fulfill your calling here. See this large lot of land behind me? It’s yours, if you want it.”

Emrys looked at the man skeptically, “I don’t know what you’re trying to sell me Mister, but I’m not buying.” The man smiled, and looked at Emrys, “Seriously, by saying yes, this land is yours.” “What is the catch?” Emrys asked maintaining his skepticism, “no one is this nice to a complete stranger, and I can’t even see his face.” He thought. The man answered “Ah, well, you might call it a catch, but I only see it as favorable to you, I am offering you a chance at immortality and a new life.” Emrys had to admit, this all really sounded good, he had no idea what he was going to do here, he had no family, very little money, and no idea what he was going to do, and Immortality? Who could say “No” to that?

Emrys thought for a moment, and said “What do I have to do?” The man smirked, and looked up to Emrys, his face still hidden from full view, “All you have to do is read this scroll, follow it’s directions, and say ‘Yes’ to my offer.” The man handed Emrys the scroll, Emrys could see the different steps that would bring him immortality. The man spoke up again, “And don’t worry, you’ll see me from time to time to check on your progress.” Emrys was a bit desperate, this was a good deal, he had no other choice but to tell the man “Yes, I’ll do it!”

“Good choice lad, the land is yours, how much money do you have?” Emrys, thought about it “About Eighteen Hundred Simoleans” “Perfect, that’s a great amount to start your life here in Moonlight Falls, good luck boy, and may I get your name?” The man asked, in an almost higher pitched tone, “Hale, Emrys Hale. . . “ Emrys heard a noise behind him and looked over his shoulder, seeing nothing, he begin turning his gaze back on the man “What’s yours?” but the man was gone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter 1 - Finding Purpose
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 03:15:58 PM »
Chapter 1: Finding Purpose

It was a cold, Emrys was walking around Moonlight Falls barely after dusk, and the sun’s absence was chilling. Emrys, though now the owner of a fine plot of land, had nowhere to go, the land was empty, no walls, no roof, no insulation.  He was hoping to run into a fire house since they usually housed beds and kitchenettes for the firemen on call, this place was eerily empty, so hopefully he would have no problem getting in unseen, or getting removed. He started to rub his arms to warm them up, and there it was the Fire House, and naturally he found it empty, and dark. He slowly walked up to the door, and turned the knob, unlocked. He was a bit paranoid, what is this crazy town that allows him access to an empty fire house? He wasn’t complaining he could feel the warmth coming from inside the place; he stepped in quickly and shut the door. There he found the fire engine, behind it a door that led to the kitchenette as he expected, and to the side a staircase, as he followed the stair he found a dorm like room with about 5 beds, he was exhausted from his travels, fully clothed he jumped into the nearest bed and snuggled up.

He woke up the next morning, not sure if he was really even rested, the bed he slept on was so cheap, and barely did anything for him, but he did have more energy. He went downstairs, found some cereal, and made himself a bowl. As he ate he opened the scroll to find what he needed to do, he found he needed: A career, to gain immortality he had to climb his way to the top of the career ladder in the career of his choice. A skill, he needed to become the very best in a specific skill, he could do this. Accomplish his mission (LTW), to cure the cursed, of course that’s what he came here for. Purchase a building and a property, well he will definitely need to start his career soon if that was going to happen.  Purchase 3 rewards, he wasn’t entirely sure what these were but he had heard of rewards one could buy in town that would help them make their life simpler. Have 6 different best friends, that would be tough, he was always such a loner. Complete  6 BlackOps, if he got them he would complete them. A portrait for each of his life stages from now until his elder stage.

He rolled the scroll back up and put it away. This was going to be a long journey, but it gave him purpose in a way, he knew he had to be here, he knew why he wanted to be here, and now he knew why he was here. The first thing that came to his mind was the art museum he passed when he was looking for a place to sleep, certainly he could find a friend there, and maybe even someone who would be willing to help him on this journey, even one who could paint his portrait. He puzzled over the relation between the requirements and what they had to do with immortality as he walked down the street, but let it go.

He had arrived at the art museum, a little past noon. The gallery looked quite exquisite from where he was standing in the front, and even more peculiar, there were actually people about. He walked up the marble staircase leading to the entrance, and entered the museum. A few of the people in the front of the museum stopped and looked his way, given a look of interest, they probably didn’t see many new people in this town, or maybe that’s all they saw. Emrys noticed that there was a free public computer in the front of the gallery, and continued in. He saw a very interesting piece, with a man looking at it appraisingly. “Ah, a witch” he said without looking at Emrys, Emrys stammered “How did you know?” he asked, “I may not be a part of the supernatural, but I can feel them.” He looked at Emrys and extended his hand “Chauncey Grimm, and you are?” Emrys shook his hand as he said “Emrys Hale, nice to meet you.”

Chauncey began to walk away, and waved for Emrys to follow, “Come Emrys, so it seems you’re new in town, eh? Are you employed? Have a place to stay? What’s your deal?” he said pretty quickly as he walked towards the back of the gallery, Emrys in tow. “I am new, I’m not employed, but have thought about writing as a source of income.” Chauncey stopped, “Well what a coincidence, I work in Journalism, we could use a self-employed freelance writer,” then he continued walking, Emrys skipped a bit to catch up, “You could always use the computer here, it’s one of the better public ones in town, the ones in the library are slow, and break often, where did you say you lived again?” Emrys looked a bit overwhelmed with the rate in which Chauncey was speaking “I didn’t, I have this place off of Falls Ave, but it’s just an empty lot, I’ve kind of taken up residence at the Fire House. I just felt an urgency to come to Moonlight Falls, I am not completely sure why yet, but this is where I need to be.”

Chauncey took a moment to take it in, “interesting piece of land there, well unfortunately I can’t hang around much longer, have work to get to, but I’ll definitely be in touch. Stay here for a little bit and start writing some stories to show what you can do, the more you practice the better skilled you become at writing.” He started to walk out the door, as the two ended up circling the gallery and ended back at the entrance, “Oh and Emrys, I would suggest getting to the Fire House before the sun goes down tonight full moon and all.” And with that he left.

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter 2 - Fitting in
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 11:34:33 AM »
Chapter 2 – Fitting In

It had been a couple of days since Emrys had last seen Chauncey Grimm, but he followed his directions. He made it back to the Fire House just in time before the moons final ascension into the sky, and then he found out what Chauncey met. Zombies. He wasn’t too surprised, he was a witch after all, and he knew these creatures existed; his purpose was in curing them. Unfortunately, he wasn’t yet strong enough in his ability to do so then.  Emrys had went to bed that night listening to the ungodly moans of the poor people trapped in that state as he thought of the path ahead of him.

Now he was back at the Gallery, working on his writing skill, he had already completed a few small novellas and left them at the Journal building where Chauncey worked. Though he had not seen him, he was given an email address, and the two conversed regularly electronically. He was given a Sci-Fi assignment, and was enjoying the time writing it. Suddenly he felt the desk shake; he looked up from the screen and saw a beautiful woman looking very embarrassed. “Oh! Sorry about that!” she said exasperated. “No worries, no harm done. My names Emrys, I’m new here.” “I didn’t think you looked familiar” she replied, “What brings you to Moonlight Falls?”

He sat up straight in his chair, “Not sure yet, just thought it was where I was supposed to be.” She stood back and studied him a bit, “You’re a witch.” She said casually. He looked a bit surprised “How did you know? You’re the second person who has known without me saying anything.” She smiled a bit “You’re cute, I am a witch too, a bit more experience than you it seems.”

He blushed a little, “Too be honest, I am completely new at all of this, I mean I have been a witch my whole life, the problem is, I can’t really remember about what’s happened in the past, I just feel like I am here.”  She pressed her lips “Hmmm, sounds peculiar, where are you staying?” “Right now I own some land on S Falls, but I’m pretty much a vagabond, and have been sleeping at the Fire Station.” She sighed “Well, we can’t have that, I live with my sisters in a pretty big house, you should come stay with us until you can get yourself on your feet. My name is Bianca Crumplebottom by the way.”

They arrived at the Crumplebottom Manor, “It was quite nice of you to open your home to me, thank you.” She started giving him a tour of the house “Oh think nothing of it, anything we can do to help.” She brought him to a room, “You can sleep here, make yourself at home.”

The next morning Emrys couldn’t complain, he had a nice warm shower, slept very well in the guest suite, and Bianca’s sister, the cook, even made him a nice warm breakfast. This was much better than staying in the Fire House, though he did enjoy the solitude. “Sleep well Emrys?” Bianca asked as she entered the room he was staying in. “Yes, thank you.” They looked at each other for awhile, Bianca broke the silence, “You know, I find you very attractive, I may be a bit forward, but I think I’d like to get to know you better.” Emrys, being the loner that he is began to blush, but they spent hours talking and flirting. Emrys found out that they had a lot in common, that Bianca was definitely a flirtatious person. In the end, though, they found themselves having a discussion about his property again. Bianca was quite intrigued about the way in which Emrys came buy ownership of the lot. “You know, if you’re not opposed, I would love to help you. I even have a friend, his name is Rainflower Ivy, a bit of a hippie, but a great guy, who would probably even help finance putting up a house there for us to stay in.”

Emrys was speechless, he did have a bit of an attraction to Bianca, and would love for her to move in with him, but this kind of kindness was too rare, first a man gives him the deed to the property, and now two wealthy sims want to help finance it? “you’re kindness is welcoming, but why would you want to do that? You don’t really know me.” Bianca smiled at him “We’ve all heard rumors about that place, and I think we might see them come to life in you taking ownership. I believe we all could gain a lot in this arrangement, and I’d be able to spend more time with you.”

And with that, Emrys had a house, and two housemates, one a live-in girlfriend, who had no problem helping him as he worked towards his career in writing.

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter 3 - First comes love. . .
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 03:54:12 PM »
Chapter 3 – First comes love. . .

“Wooooo! This is what I am talking about!” Rainflower was a bit over the top for Emrys, who was quiet and reserved. If Rainflower wasn’t learning how to paint, he was jamming out on his guitar! “YEAH! Feel the beat! Sweet Lady, this is good!” Emrys was trying to submit more writing samples, but sometimes it got a bit hard to concentrate with the music loving hippie in the house.

The house was quite nice though Emrys had to give him that, not many people leave their family to help out a stranger and his girlfriend, regardless how close he was to Biana, Emrys was a little suspicious by the action. Then again, Rainflower was a bit of a free spirit. “Emrys buddy, don’t you want to jam out with me?!” Emrys looked up from the laptop he purchased with his first royalty check “No thanks Rainflower, I really need to submit this chapter before I call it a night.” Rainflower was nonplussed “Right on Man, you make that green, and I’ll keep making my sweet music! YEAH!”

Bianca, having decided to leave her sisters and begin a new life living with reserved Emrys, and the Bohemian Rainflower Ivy, she decided that a change in looks was appropriate. After a day of shopping, she entered the house. She looked to Rainflower jamming out still, “Where’s Emrys?” Rainflower looked up from his strings surprised, “Oh! Hey pretty lady! He went to the room, can’t appreciate a good jam session when he hears one, do you want to join?” She smiled at him, “Maybe later, I have a few surprises for our new friend.” “Righteous, for some reason I feel compelled to stop making sweet music and go work on painting skills, laters!” Rainflower disappeared to his room, and Bianca headed towards the one she shared with Emrys.

As she though, Emrys was quite engrossed in his writing, so she slunk into the adjoining bathroom. After a moment she exited, and stood behind Emrys as he sat on his desk, and placed a hand on his breast plate. “Evening sweetie, miss me?” Emrys stopped typing and looked into Bianca’s eyes, “Glad to see you home, it’s not the same without you here.” She smiled, and pulled him from the desk chair, and kissed him amorously, and before she knew it, he was down on a knee, and like magic, then again he was a witch like her, maybe it was, a ring appeared in his hand “Bianca, I could never imagine living my life without you, please do me the honor of marrying me.” Speechless with excitement, and confusion, she had commitment issues after all; she slipped out a choked “Yes!”

In the excitement of the events, Emrys quickly took Bianca to bed, where they joined each other matrimonially with a private wedding, and consummated their union.

The honeymoon was nice and quick, Emrys had to quickly get back to writing, if he wanted to keep on the track of immortality, and Bianca seemed very intent on making sure he accomplished all that he needed to. Bianca though, quickly found herself feeling a bit nauseous over everything. This sickness quickly came to show that Bianca was pregnant, an heir would be born. Bianca, however wasn’t forthcoming with Emrys, he worked, while she dealt with the day to day tasks, and tried to keep her bump hidden. Her secret, however, could come to an end. After a few months Emrys received a letter, a peculiar letter, in a black envelope. The letter itself was scrawled in what looked to be an archaic language, that after a moment, he began to understand.

Emrys,

If you are able to read this, it shows you are on a good track to immortality, I hope you like the land that you were given, as it will
                be connected to you for all the days of your life, which might be quite some time if you are successful. Congratulations on the son,
                the youngling will receive something from me soon enough. 

The Hood

Emrys looked up at Bianca, she gave him a concerned look “You okay honey?” All he could muster was a low, “Son?”

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Intriguing stuff!  Make sure Emerys stays clear of meteor showers this time around!

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter 4 - Revelations
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 04:28:59 PM »
Chapter 4 - Revelations

Bianca, walked over to Emrys, and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I've been meaning to tell you, I'm pregnant." Emrys seemed speechless, "Why didn't you tell me? This is great news." She responded after a slight pause "Well, there are things you need to know, come sit down." She waved over to the couch.

"I am very happy to know that we are going to have a son. I want nothing more than to bring in a family with you. However, there are a lot of things you don't know about this town." She paused and looked a bit upset about the thought of the story she was about to share. "Moonlight Falls is cursed. Not in the sense that there are creatures of the night, and zombies, but until you arrived, every resident of this city had been frozen."

Emrys look perplexed, and unblinking "I don't understand, what do you mean you were frozen?" She sighed "The man who gave you this lot, and told you that you could become an immortal is really a dark sorcerer, and he has cast a spell that froze time in Moonlight Falls for over a century. All spells have conditions, in order to keep the curse in effect, he had to offer this land to anyone who entered our borders, and the chance at immortality, which would eventually break the curse. Most people were weary about his proposal and said no, they would then be immediately transported to the other end of our borders without a memory of this place, and continue on their way."

She placed her hand on his leg, "you, however, said yes, and we were free. You said you felt like you were drawn here for a reason, I think this is it, to become immortal, so the sorcerer's curse could be lifted. The problem is, I think the curse has something to do with the 'savior's" descendants, and if that's true I knew that would include our child, so I wanted to wait until I knew more." She said hoping he would forgive her for holding out on this information.

All Emrys could say though was "What happens to you if I become immortal?" Bianca sighed heavily "I've been frozen for over a hundred years, you've already lifted my curse, and everyone else who was frozen, we will now be able to finish out our lives as we were supposed to. If you succeed in lifting the curse, no one is this town will ever feel the pain of being frozen here, fully aware that they are supposed to be living but cannot. . ." Emrys looked down, then looked up into her eyes, placed his hand on her cheek as he placed her hair behind her ear, and said softly, "I don't want to lose you." Bianca started to tear up, and they hugged, "I'm sorry Emrys, I can't talk about this anymore, please, let's finish this later." Emotionally, she went into their room, and Emrys was left to consider all of the things he had just found out, what am I really here for? Is this why she seemed so eager to move in with me? To make sure I would keep this curse lifted, and she could finally finish living her life? Does she really love me?

Emrys, so confused, went to bed and cuddled with his wife. While he dreamed, he tried to figure out if his heart could take the news.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

Re: Hale - A Moonlight Falls Dynasty - Chapter 4: Revelations (01.06.13)
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 08:56:15 AM »
Very interesting story, I can't wait for more. :)

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter 5: New Stages
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 01:17:23 PM »
Chapter 5 - New stages

Bianca awoke the following morning, and silently got ready for her day, as to not disturb Emrys. She walked out of the room and ran into Rainflower, "he knows" she whispered. Rainflower just smiled, "good, he needs to know of the challenges that are going to face him by taking this path he's chosen." She sighed, "I'm kind of worried about him though, he came into our world without any idea of what he was getting himself into, I feel bad to put all of our hopes on his shoulders." Rainflower, smirked, "Well, he knows now, so it will be his choice, he could always call it quits, you can't make the choice for him." Bianca looked away, and then back at Rainflower "I think I like you better as a guitar playing hippy, than as a voice of reason." Rainflower laughed "Right on Dude! I need to get back to painting, good luck with your man, doll."

Emrys woke up, and entered the living area; Bianca walked up to him "Honey, I just..." Before another word came out, he kissed her "No, we can deal with this as we need to, just know that I am more than happy to keep on this path, especially if it means so much to so many people. Besides, we have celebrating to do; I heard we were having a son!"

Bianca was on Cloud 9, she was with the man she loved. She was pregnant, she was happy. Nothing in the world could take this feeling from her. She started to show more and more as her pregnancy progressed. Emrys meant "Immortal" and in that Bianca wanted to name their son "Khalid" as it meant the same. The more she thought of it, she knew that this was her destiny, to help the man who would break the curse, and usher in her blood line. To be the matriarch of such huge destiny, which would result in 7 generations of immortals from her and Emrys, was humbling; and she was honored to be given the opportunity.

The time came, and the two headed to the Hospital, with in no time at all baby Khalid graced them all with his presence. Emrys, couldn't be happier. All he wanted to do was hold the little bundle in his arms, and never let it go.

Before long, the time for cooing, and wonder of the new baby, quickly wore off, Emrys found it hard to focus sometimes with the constant needs of the baby, Bianca though was right on top of it, and tendered to his every whim, though there were still the occasional late night awakenings. Quickly though the time flew, and before they knew it, Khalid was a toddler, ready to learn the things that made life fun, like walking and talking, and the things that made life easier for Mom, like potty training. Rainflower, when he wasn't painting, was also caring for the little tyke. "Unca Fower!" Khalid would call every time he saw a glimpse of the man. Bianca, spent some time teaching him how to talk, and now they couldn't figure out how to get him to stop.

"Unca Fower, again! Again!" Khalid shouted and giggled as he was picked up into the air by his elderly friend, Rainflower, though he had grown old, was still very spry and had a ton of fun playing with Khalid "Ok little tyke, but first you have to walk to me some more." "Caw-id can wat Fower, me wat to you . . . he come, Fower, ket me!. . weeeee" he would squeal with delight. In no time the little tyke was walking. . .

But there was another surprise awaiting the family, Emrys was becoming a full adult, he wanted to celebrate, but with the full moon and the work he had to do, he did it quietly, and went back to his life.

If caring for a toddler wasn't enough, Bianca received a call from an old friend, it seems one of their relatives found themselves in trouble and wasn't able to care for their child, and he was taken from her. Bianca was asked if she would be willing to adopt the child, since she had a family that would be great for him to integrate with. She agreed, unfortunately, she didn't realize it would be an immediate thing, and she was out gardening in her night clothes when their new son showed up.

His name was Aden, and he was so happy with the thought of having a permanent family that would love him, and being stable in a home life was something he was really looking forward to. In his excitement, he ran up the yard into Bianca's garden, and hugged her as though she had been his mother his whole life. He did, however, need some new clothes, and a haircut, so that was Bianca's first order of business.

Aden loved his new family and spent most of his time in his room painting, like Uncle Rainflower did, he really enjoyed it. Nothing was more annoying though than the screaming toddler, that got into everything, always following Aden around now that it could walk. The toddler was his baby brother though and this was his new family, even though he didn't like the stage Khalid was in now, he knew one day they'd be the best of friends, for sure. It was almost Khalid's birthday at any rate, finally Aden would have someone to play with his own age, rather than his geriatric uncle or mother who loved cooking and gardening, but someone like him, his age and loved art!

Offline simchuff

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Hale - A Moonlight Falls Dynasty - Please send to the Graveyard
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 03:07:28 PM »
Please send to Graveyard.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Hale - A Moonlight Falls Dynasty - Please send to the Graveyard
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 03:10:31 PM »
Will do. This topic can be revived by the author at any time by contacting a moderator.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded