Author Topic: Rules: Family Empire - Project Rules  (Read 12300 times)

Offline Alexrandia

• Hopeless Sim Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
Rules: Family Empire - Project Rules
« on: December 04, 2012, 07:20:24 PM »
FAMILY EMPIRE

The seeds of this project are the EA achievements “Exercise in Fertility,” which is to have a Sim have 15 children, and “Head of the Family,” which is to have a Sim have 30 grandchildren. I also credit Schipperke’s Orphanage Project for inspiration as to some of the rules, and her amazing Riches Galore story giving me the courage to try this at all. Also, since you have to master 15 different careers and skills, hopefully this project will expand your horizons and make you try something new.

Warning: If you only have the base game, you won't be able to complete this project. I think the base game only has 10 skills and 12 careers.

Premise:

You and your spouse both come from poor backgrounds. On the few occasions your parents had a little money, they immediately spent it on luxuries they could ill-afford, such as nectar and spa treatments. Not to mention the fancy electronics and cars that very quickly got repossessed.

The two of you made a pact when you married that you would never follow in their footsteps, and your children would never have to go through what you went through. To that end, you decided to start a family business. Since neither of you had any siblings, both of you had always wanted a very big family. You plan to have quite a corporation by the end of it all, but your children will have to help you before they move out if they want a piece of it.

Setup:

Start with two Adult Sims (your founders), one male, one female. Traits, LTWs, looks, and supernatural types are up to you. (OPTIONAL: Give one spouse the CEO of a Mega Corporation LTW and the other the Surrounded by Family LTW.) You can start in whatever town you like.

Settings and General Rules:

- Story Progression On
- Free Will set to High
- Aging Off*
- Mods and CC to be used at your own risk.
- Cheats are okay, except any that relate to money (such as motherlode or freeRealEstate). One of the main points of the project is to build the family business from scratch. Also, the Inheritance LTR may not be purchased, and if you find a genie or get one through the Dusty Old Lamp LTR, you may not Wish for Fortune.
- No Sim may be kicked out, only moved out.
- Collecting and Consignment Store are not eligible for the supermax qualifying skill.
- Part-time jobs are not eligible for the max career requirement.

Aging Up:

- Babies: age up as soon as you like (I prefer to age them up immediately).
- Toddlers: age up after they have learned all three toddler skills (talking, walking and potty training).
- Children: age up after they have one day on the honor roll (OPTIONAL: Have them get a “promotion” in an afterschool activity.)
- Teens (Generation 2 only): age up after they have had at least one day on the honor roll, and received at least one promotion at a part-time job. (OPTIONAL: Have them get two promotions and/or learn to drive.)

Requirements for Moving Out:

Each member of Generation 2 must accomplish the following tasks:
- Be married (spouse must move in) and have at least two children who have accomplished the Gen 3 requirements
- Supermax a unique skill
- Achieve a unique LTW
- Reach the top of a unique career
- Purchase a building related to their career

Each member of Generation 3 must accomplish the following tasks:
- Age up to Teen (teen only, they should not age up to YA before moving out).
- Have least one day on the honor roll, and receive at least one promotion at their part-time job

Note on unique requirements: The uniqueness rule applies to Gen 2 only. The founders and spouses can max whatever skills/careers they want. The members of Gen 2 can supermax as many skills as they wish, and there can be overlap between them. However, each qualifying skill must be unique.

If You Get Stuck:

It’s possible that you may fill up your house in such a way that no Gen 2 member can meet the requirements. For example, let’s say you have your two founders, one Gen 2 member with a spouse and one child, and then your founders have triplets. Your house is full with no room for the married Gen 2 member to have their second child. Should this happen, one of your unmarried Gen 2 members would need to grow up to YA (following all the aging up requirements) and then be moved out. However, that member’s lifetime wish would not count towards one of your 15, nor would their skills. Be careful when your founders have children.

*Optional: set Aging to long or epic, or use whatever death prevention techniques you want. I prefer to only age up my sims with birthday cakes, so I have exact control over when they age. Keep in mind the amount of time each child and grandchild spends in the house before they can move out. You don’t want your founders to die before they can finish their goal!

The project is finished when you move out your 15th Gen 2 member and their family. You founding sims will have at least 15 children and 30 grandchildren by that point, so you will also have the two EA badges! Have fun everyone!
Call me Alex.

One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. - Robert Heinlein

My first story: Woods Family Empire
Based on the project I wrote: Family Empire.

Offline Alexrandia

• Hopeless Sim Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: Family Empire - Project Rules
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 07:20:53 PM »
Thanks to Pam for approving this project!
Call me Alex.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »
You're welcome.  :)

I'm going to sticky this thread and put a link in the main Projects thread.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 06:46:17 PM »
I may have to try this out. I have an awful habit of only playing a handful of skills and careers, and I think this project will help me get out of my rut, so to speak.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:00:19 PM »
I really like this idea. One question though: regarding having to purchase a building related to your career. Say you have a sim in the Science career, a sim in the Ghost Hunter profession, and a sim who is a self-employed Fisherman. All three could be associated with the Science facility, but only one could purchase the building. What would the others be able to buy?

I was thinking that maybe a ghost hunter could buy the graveyard, but that's not a building. Maybe a fisherman could purchase a fishing spot instead of a building? Would that be permissible in this challenge?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Family Empire - Project Rules
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 07:03:30 PM »
The fisherman could buy the grocery store because u sell the fish there.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 07:09:20 PM »
At the same time, though, so could the gardener.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Family Empire - Project Rules
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 07:14:50 PM »
So very true, so this one would need to be planned out oh so very carefully...

Offline Alexrandia

• Hopeless Sim Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 02:06:41 AM »
I'd say each Gen 2 member has to buy a property/building/venue of some kind. If there isn't one relating to their career, or you've already purchased it for another member (such as in towns where some of the buildings are combined), they could just buy a park or something. It kind of depends on what fits with your story.
Call me Alex.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 12:22:36 AM »
Shouldn't the Dusty Old Lamp - Wish for Fortune be banned as well? (Gives 100,000 simoleons immediately).

Offline Alexrandia

• Hopeless Sim Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 01:15:24 PM »
Shouldn't the Dusty Old Lamp - Wish for Fortune be banned as well? (Gives 100,000 simoleons immediately).

Yes, you're right! I haven't played a game with a genie in a long time. Thank you for pointing that out; I'll update the rules now.
Call me Alex.

Offline MissWulfy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 05:35:07 AM »
Amazing concept! I love nooboos and I haven't tried out every career and skill yet (although I've been playing the Sims 3 since it's release...). I'm so gonna try this one:).
I'm on fire, I'm a fighter. I'll forever be the last one standing.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 12:01:43 AM »
I'd love to try this and combine it with the Random Town Jump!

One problem - when I tried to move kids outs during a 100-baby challenge when they reach young adult, the game gives them zero funds and the game won't let me move them out unless I kick them out. I thought the game would take money from your family income! Is there a way around this mess?

EDIT: Also, I am assuming that Midas Touch elixirs are also banned in the case of no money cheats, due to the fact that they can make a family rich with just a small profit? I will try not to use them.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 01:07:02 AM »
I'd love to try this and combine it with the Random Town Jump!

One problem - when I tried to move kids outs during a 100-baby challenge when they reach young adult, the game gives them zero funds and the game won't let me move them out unless I kick them out. I thought the game would take money from your family income! Is there a way around this mess?

EDIT: Also, I am assuming that Midas Touch elixirs are also banned in the case of no money cheats, due to the fact that they can make a family rich with just a small profit? I will try not to use them.

The only way around this would be to use money cheats after you kick out the young adults.  Even if you buy them a house out of your own family funds, they won't have any money once they're gone.  I always make sure they at least have a job to bring in some income.  The game just doesn't let you give them money from your household.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 06:03:50 PM »
Hi! Have been lurking around this forum for about 2 years and have tried all the Dynasty's.. and love the townjumps!!  However.. I have always got bored after the second generation.. until now.. this is great!  I have attempted this twice already, failed only because of my laptop crashes. Has anyone started a story yet? Am too shy to start one myself and I just love how this forum interacts with each other... Always a pleasure to read!  Thank you for creating this as well as all the other great challenges/projects!