Author Topic: Fireplace chimney colour question  (Read 5413 times)

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
Fireplace chimney colour question
« on: December 05, 2012, 03:15:45 PM »
I noticed on a few houses on the forums there are chimney colours that are not the red brick. I was wondering what this was and all the different choices there might be. Is there a way to change the colour of any fireplace's chimney, or is it CC, or does it come with a specific stuff or expansion pack, and also does anyone know if any of the store (thesims3.com store) chimneys are another colour. Thanks! :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Fireplace chimney colour question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 03:19:05 PM »
It is either...

1. CC. I actually had it in my game until I realized that my sims never have fireplaces to begin with, but there is a popular recolorable chimney set out there (won't even mention the site).

2. One of the fireplaces from Supernatural. Though they're still not recolorable, they come in a bigger variety of colors.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 03:28:46 PM »
You can also build your own chimney on the outside wall and recolour that with any wall paper. You use moveobjects to remove the bits of chimney you don't want and just leave the top bit where the smoke comes out.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »
Ah thank you guys. I was thinking of using the build your own chimney technique but I needed to make certain there was no way to recolour chimneys first. And does anyone happen to know if any of the chimneys on the online store are not red brick. The images only show the fireplace not the chimney :( Or if anyone knows how to figure out if their chimneys are red brick or not before buying them that would be good too :)

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 04:04:45 PM »
I'm just firing up my game now. I'll have a look at what I have in game. I haven't bought any fireplaces, but I do have all the EP's and SP's plus all the extra worlds.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 04:38:45 PM »
OK, there are 3 new colours of chimneys available. They all come with fireplaces in Supernatural.

Here is the chimneys on the outside (the redbrick one is from Pets, but I only included it to show the original red brick that is on all the other chimneys)

And here are the fireplaces that come with the new colour chimneys (the five on the right)

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 05:24:26 PM »
Ah twinmum, thank you so much for taking the time to do that. That is actually one of the 5 stuff or expansion packs I do not yet own hah. I guess I am also wondering if anyone has bought a fireplace from the store and might know about the chimney or know how I can figure it out without buying them all hah. Thanks :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 05:49:53 PM »
Ah twinmum, thank you so much for taking the time to do that. That is actually one of the 5 stuff or expansion packs I do not yet own hah. I guess I am also wondering if anyone has bought a fireplace from the store and might know about the chimney or know how I can figure it out without buying them all hah. Thanks :)

I have six Store fireplaces and all have the normal red brick. Not sure where they came from but one is ultra lounge, luxury suite (?), safari set, Vegas set, tiki set and maybe Haute Hip or Stanke one? Not sure. Anyway they all have the red brick.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 06:01:37 PM »
mm, this is embarrassing. Seems I do have some store fireplaces after all (they just weren't installed in my game). I think most may have come in sets. Anyway, I have found a different chimney on one of them, but on further looking, I found it's also available on a base game fireplace.

These two fireplaces only have the chimney above the fireplace, so it's only visible on the roof. The one on the left is from the base game, the one on the right is the Haute Hacienda Dining Room Artful Adobe Fireplace

The other store fireplaces that I have (which all have the red brick chimney) are the Jubillee, Inferno's Fireplace, Oak Fireplace Mantel, River Rock Fireplace and the Capitola Engraved Fireplace

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 07:54:39 PM »
Thank you guys so much for taking the time to look! I utilised what you wrote along with the store website to create a list. The first set are the list of fireplaces no one mentioned and the set they come in. The second list are the ones you two confirmed are red brick (along with the list they come in in case anyone cares to know). Samoht, if you get some free time, I was not certain which set was the vegas set or the luxury suite and the haute hip or stancke set could be the stancke set (named jubilee), the hacienda  luxury set (named don pedro) or the haute hacienda set (named artful abode), or the luxury spa set (named mounted fireplace). Thanks again guys!

Heart of fire, Drifer's Desire set
Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom set - the fire within fireplace
mounted fireplace, luxury spa set
high-life fireplace, indulgent living set
don pedro fireplace, hacienda luxury set
gothique fireplace, gothique living room set
washington fireplace deluxe, regal living room set

Confirmed red brick -- inferno's fireplace, ultra lounge 2010; jubillee, stancke set; oak fireplace mantle, club vaindenburg den set; river rock fireplace, frontier set; capitola engraved, contemporary comfort living set; safari living set, safari supreme; haute hacienda set, artful abode fireplace, fabulous fiesta

Dellena

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 10:53:42 AM »
Here's a little post on how to create your own chimney.  Primarily, on how to keep the fireplace but get rid of the EA Chimney.

Pick the fireplace you're going to use and place it on the open ground.

Turn on MoveObjects On

Click on the chimney top and place it on the ground (you'll want it later).

Click on the remaining chimney piece and drag it to the delete window.  If you just hit delete, you'll move the whole thing.

Now you should be left with the fireplace and the chimney top.

Pick up and place the fireplace where you want it.

Now build the top chimney piece with a 1x1 or 2x1 'room' above the back of the fireplace.  You might need to build it more than one storey depending on the height of your house.  Since these are plain walls, you can decorate them to match your house however you like. 

I then use the Flat Top Half Wall around the top of my chimney.  Now, pick up the chimney top you left on the ground and place it on the same floor as the half wall.  If you press Alt, you can adjust the placement of the chimney top so it completely fits into the chimney you built.  That piece is what controls the 'smoke' when the fireplace is lit. 

I hope this all made sense. :)

anything