Author Topic: Can't hear alien babies voice Update  (Read 7191 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Can't hear alien babies voice Update
« on: December 06, 2012, 09:14:36 AM »
If it was with all of my sims, and all of the babies and toddlers, I would say it was my sound card.

But it is only with my alien babies.  There is no sound, from day one.  I even let the hunger and their other bars go red and still couldn't hear their voice.  They were waving their arms and all the signs of a crying baby, it showed in the moodlet that they were crying and the other sims had the moodlet sign of crying baby, but no sound.

I thought it might be aliens, but my sim who is married to an alien, I can hear her voice fine.  Weird, high pitch sound, but I have no trouble hearing and understanding what she says (like with other sims).  I hope that made sense in the  "understand" the words area, not the "sim language" just . . .

Sim babies, toddlers, no probem, can hear them yelling thier heads off.  Or the gibbrish they make when they are reading one of the kid books. 

Any idea of why, and how to fix it?  I don't think it will affect them or the game in any other area, except to hear them.   It just seem wierd to have a child have a conversation with another sim and no sound coming out of a mouth that is moving.

I have a sims baby in RV and one in MF, none so far in the other towns.    SV so far has  no baby, I am going to have her get pregnant to see what happens with that baby, will that alien baby make sounds or not. 

Still, why can't my other alien offspring make sounds?

Astra, one of my alien baies turned a teen and as soon as she finished the change (and she is a cuttie) she had a voice.  So, no more worries on the missing voices.  I don't know if it is normal, or my older computer, low quality sound card or what the reason is, just glad that I can now hear her talk. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Can't hear alien babies voice
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 09:48:20 AM »
This may not be a bug.   Aliens have a voice modulation when they are officially aliens and it may just not be available before the child years.  So the game compensates by not making any sound.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
I had aged up one of the babies from toddler to child and he had no sound.  But I also did it very quickly, two days after he turned toddler.  I was doing an experiment and needed him aged up. 

The experiment of gardening, kids born after the glitch don't have a blank page in gardening in thier home town, but if moved to other towns, the page becomes blank.

I'll have to wait and see what happens in normal aging up.  One of the babies has turned  toddler.  Still no sound, so get to see when he becomes a child. 

Offline Atalanta

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 02:26:32 PM »
Hey, guys, I've been struggling with this awhile and finally found the solution. With testing cheats enabled, edit the alien baby in Create a Sim, go to the heart tab in Personality, and drag the voice modulator to the left. I can't believe it took me so long to figure out the fix!

I had aged up one of the babies from toddler to child and he had no sound.  But I also did it very quickly, two days after he turned toddler.  I was doing an experiment and needed him aged up. 

The experiment of gardening, kids born after the glitch don't have a blank page in gardening in thier home town, but if moved to other towns, the page becomes blank.

I'll have to wait and see what happens in normal aging up.  One of the babies has turned  toddler.  Still no sound, so get to see when he becomes a child.