Author Topic: Life Span of Supernaturals  (Read 20074 times)

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
Life Span of Supernaturals
« on: December 12, 2012, 12:09:45 PM »
Hi, I'm hoping to get Supernatural for Christmas, and am looking into planning a legacy using the occult races. Got a quick question about life-spans:

Werewolves and vampires have longer lifespans than humans. What sort of lifespan do witches and fairies have in comparison to humans? Couldn't find mention of it in the guides (might be being an idiot, however).

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
Re: Life Span of Supernaturals
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 12:17:52 PM »
A fairies life span is a lot longer, their young adult life stage last five times as long as a normal one. A witch's life span is exactly the same as a regular sim's life span.
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 12:20:57 PM »
Fairies and vampires are five times the length of human sims, werewolves are 1.5 times human, and witches, ghosts, and imaginary-turned-real are human equivalent.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 07:54:59 AM »
Awesome, exactly what I needed to know, thanks very much!  ;D

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 10:15:03 AM »
curious on taking this a step further.  What about the lifespan of sims mated with a supernatural, how does that work, does their connection lengthen or does it stay the same?

If a werewof or fairy is married to a human sim, the supernaturl will live longer, but what about their human mate?  I am guessing they can use alchemy to lower the human's age (that is what I have planned to do), but still curious.

But, what about their children (say were) if one is half-were/ half-human; does that child follow the human or werewolf?  I guessing that if he or she turns out to be a were they go with the lifespan of a were.   

Just curious, I will find out eventually when I return to that game; and I can use alchemy to help with the aging situation when needed.  I love it that alchemy has the fountain of youth elixer.   ;D
For those in the challenges that wouldn't allow elixers, I wonder how it can affect them.  A diferent topic, I am sure, still, just curious (will have to look that up in the different threads to find that out  :) ).

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »
Janna, there are no half breeds. It's an all or nothing deal - for instance, in your example, the child would be either a Werewolf or a Human. The only exception to this rule are Aliens - they get a blend of DNA and if it passes a certain point, they're considered an alien and can do alien stuff. For instance, a Sim with 25% alien DNA (like a grandparent is an alien but nobody else is) might not be considered an Alien, but one with one parent being an alien might be considered an alien.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »
I wasn't thinking from the Sim aspect, just real life.    I do have an alien child, not really a child anymore, LOL.  Astra has one day to age up to YA.  She consumes space rocks for brain energy, can probe and give or take energy.   She also sleeps in a bed for very short periods of time.  Plus in that though, it allows her to get a lot of work done. She has the green skin, pointed ears, huge black eyes and no hair (although I gave her some) and is quite pretty -- at least I think so.  Proud Step-Momma, aren't I,   ;D 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 03:37:32 AM »
I'm a bit late on this, but how long does an alien live? I'm planning a life state dynasty and I want to use as little life extending methods as possible, especially in the first three generations. Is it 5 times the human lifespan, 1.5 times or the same?
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 11:46:27 AM »
Aliens actually have the same lifespan as humans.

anything