Author Topic: Seasonal items on Festival grounds Lots  (Read 11521 times)

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
Seasonal items on Festival grounds Lots
« on: December 16, 2012, 01:16:00 AM »
I've been trying to figure out how to tell the game that an item I've placed on my festival grounds lot is only to be visible during the appropriate season. I've been looking at the EA festival grounds lots trying to figure out how they do it but I'm stumped.

Any one figured this out yet?
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: Seasonal items on Festival grounds Lots
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 03:21:55 AM »
I've heard there is a seasonal lot marker in the misc. section of buydebug. Well, I've seen it, but never used it.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 04:17:02 AM »
Yes, it is controlled by the Seasonal Lot marker. There is a guide on the official forum : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604761.page

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »
Oh sweet, thanks. I'll look into that. I didn't see any such marker when I was in build mode on the EA festival grounds  but maybe we just need to turn restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off first

EDIT:
Nope, I just looked at the EA festival grounds again and with buydebug on and restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off the was no sign of any of the festival items or any festival grounds marker.

Still trying to figure this out.

EDIT:

Ah found it. Restrictbuildbuyinbuildings is not needed and the lot marker that's been placed on the lot  doesn't show up in build mode even with buydebug on which is why I didn't see it the first time I looked. You have to be in buy mode and then it shows up.

Once you can see the seasonal lot marker you can Control-Shift-Click on it and set the season to edit the lot as it would appear during a given festival or lock year round items in place.

EDIT:
Ooh, Here's a thought. I wonder if the seasonal lot markers can be used on residential lots to change your yard configuration for different seasons. Not really sure what I would do with that but there's bound to be some interesting possibilities in there somewhere.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline Sammijo

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 08:15:44 AM »
I've tried it with residential lots. I recommend only using it on lots you aren't actively playing. For example, if you want you sims to have a neighbor who goes crazy with snowflake day decor. On active lots, I move things around so often that it is more practical to do without the seasonal lot marker.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 05:29:35 PM »
I used the seasonal lot marker on my active lot. It comes in real handy for switching out decorations automatically. On the first day of winter, all the Feast day and Spooky day decorations disappear, and the holiday tree and decorations go up.  First day of summer, the pool loungers, slip-n-slide and such come out, and disappear on the first day of autumn.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 04:49:47 AM »
Thanks for posting this :). The Festival grounds are one of the next lots I need to build soon and I was wondering how that would work ;).

And... I never even thought about using things like that on a residential ground. I kind of have a problem putting up the decor every time the season changes, so... this may be a great thing for that too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.